Week 6 - Giants @ Pats Thurs 10/10 8PM

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
No time to wait for the Giants thread, quick turnaround for everyone.

Early forecast is for showers and temps in the 50's.
Pats will see the rookie at QB.
We'll see if any of the injured inactives and injuries from Sunday (Chung, Dorsett) are available.

Pats have until 4PM to activate Watson, cut him or IR him.

If history has shown us anything, it's that the unexpected could occur on TNF.

Will Barkley be active for the NYG? I would be shocked if he is. And I think it would be a colossal mistake for them to rush him out there for this game.

If history has shown us anything, it's that the unexpected could occur on TNF.

Will Barkley be active for the NYG? I would be shocked if he is. And I think it would be a colossal mistake for them to rush him out there for this game.

biggest challenge to the shit show that is TNF is the ability to prepare. I'll take BFB over Brand X in this category every time.

2 prime time games in 2 weeks, so I'm not going to be tuning in, but seriously F the Giants and F Thursday Night Football

I love Thursday night football, and the games have been good this year. I’ve never understood the hate. But definitely F the Giants.

2 prime time games in 2 weeks, so I'm not going to be tuning in, but seriously F the Giants and F Thursday Night Football

Damn, I forgot that the Jets game is MNF. The Pats will be off for 11 days.
On the plus side, I have 2 consecutive weekends with no distractions at home. I'm guessing that the honey-do list will be long.

Finally a game I'll get to see live for a change.

Looking forward to the game and don't believe the Pats will look like most teams do on Thursday, meaning disinterested and inept (although there have been some decent games this year).

Our guys know we have 11 days until the next one, so I think we'll get after the Giants and they won't be any better rested plus have to travel. If you can't get up to beat these guys then you don't have a pulse. They are our biggest nemesis in my eyes even if we don't play them often.

Brady should pass Manning for 2nd place in all-time yardage early in the first quarter, so that'll be nice to witness.

I always try to work in regional cuisine of the opponent for my tailgate and this week that means "Almost Katz's" pastrami done up like reubens. It takes a couple of days to do it right and I'm looking forward to blowing peoples minds with this excellent recipe, which is made from de-brined Corned Beef which is rubbed, sits for two days and then smoked to perfection. Jumbo pretzels with mustard on the side with plenty of craft brews and a fine cigar to get properly primed for the event.

LFG!!!!!!!

I always try to work in regional cuisine of the opponent for my tailgate and this week that means "Almost Katz's" pastrami done up like reubens. It takes a couple of days to do it right and I'm looking forward to blowing peoples minds with this excellent recipe, which is made from de-brined Corned Beef which is rubbed, sits for two days and then smoked to perfection. Jumbo pretzels with mustard on the side with plenty of craft brews and a fine cigar to get properly primed for the event.

LFG!!!!!!!

That’s sounds F... ing amazing.

Looking forward to the game and don't believe the Pats will look like most teams do on Thursday, meaning disinterested and inept (although there have been some decent games this year).

Our guys know we have 11 days until the next one, so I think we'll get after the Giants and they won't be any better rested plus have to travel. If you can't get up to beat these guys then you don't have a pulse. They are our biggest nemesis in my eyes even if we don't play them often.

Brady should pass Manning for 2nd place in all-time yardage early in the first quarter, so that'll be nice to witness.

LFG!!!!!!!

That sounds impressive!

LFG!!!!!!!

Pack the rain gear, it's shaping up to be a damp night.
This will be the last game I miss this year.

LFG!!!!!!!

::insert imapig-type comment regarding external release here::

The imaginary injury report.
No way we'll be seeing Dorsett on Thursday. Give him the full 2 weeks to heal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teams playing Thursday must submit a projected injury report on Monday. <br><br>Thus, the Patriots report:<br><br>No practice: WR Phillip Dorsett (hamstring)<br><br>Limited: RB Rex Burhead (foot), S Patrick Chung (heel), S Nate Ebner (groin), WR Julian Edelman (chest/ribs), WR Josh Gordon (knee)</p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1181312770022821893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is very interesting that I believe the last time Pats beat Giants in the regular season is the last game of the 2007 season in G-menville 38-35. Both Brady and Moss obtained their 50 TDs and 23 TD catches per regular season records. This also goes for all the pre-season games they have played since which are meaningless but still so amazing. I will not even mention the 2 worst Pats SB games that have been the cherries on this mystique of why Pats cannot beat Giants. Maybe TNF will be a changing factor, so we'll see! GO PATS......

It is very interesting that I believe the last time Pats beat Giants in the regular season is the last game of the 2007 season in G-menville 38-35. Both Brady and Moss obtained their 50 TDs and 23 TD catches per regular season records. This also goes for all the pre-season games they have played since which are meaningless but still so amazing. I will not even mention the 2 worst Pats SB games that have been the cherries on this mystique of why Pats cannot beat Giants. Maybe TNF will be a changing factor, so we'll see! GO PATS......
Pats beat the Giants in 2015 on a last second field goal by Ghost.

Since a few peeps seemed interested, I highly recommend trying this recipe. This is my 5th time following it and the results, for those that love good pastrami (and who doesn't?), have been outstanding. It does take some time and advance planning but is worth it, imo.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-reci...s/home-made-pastrami-thats-close-katzs-recipe

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Sterling Shepard is out, Saquon Barkley is unlikely to play, TE Evan Engram has a sprained MCL.

They have a rookie QB and no weapons.

Sounds good, but they're still the Giants and I will never take them lightly.

EVER.

I hope we crush their souls and they fire their coach. Maybe that can become our 2019 trademark.

LFG!!!!!!!

My first lesson in Kosherism was when I learned that that my favorite sam which, the reuben is not Kosher (and learned of the verbotenness of the co-mingling of meat and dairy.

But I digress. Sounds like an awesome scenario. :thumb:

Cheers, :toast:

Back