Week 7 Other Games Thread

He seems to be making a habit of betraying his players.

He seems to be making a habit of betraying his players.

WHAT!?? :coffee:

EnchantedBigheartedAffenpinscher.gif

I am not sure which HC is more disappointing this year - Arians or O'Brien.

Arians is proving himself to be a spoofer. He was lauded by the media as being the great coach who unfairly never got his chance and a wonderful man who really connects with his players.

Well he has a team now and is doing nothing with them. He has good players, a good division he's been at AZ now a full season and a half. But he's making mistakes, not getting his team ready and throwing players under the bus.

Another chancer being found out. Ron Rivera, Pagano, Tomlin, Ryan, Gase, Bradley, Arians, Fisher, Bowles, Garrett, Kelly, Fox, Caldwell, Reid, O'Brien, Lewis.....all chancers and spoofers.

Arians is proving himself to be a spoofer. He was lauded by the media as being the great coach who unfairly never got his chance and a wonderful man who really connects with his players.

Well he has a team now and is doing nothing with them. He has good players, a good division he's been at AZ now a full season and a half. But he's making mistakes, not getting his team ready and throwing players under the bus.

Another chancer being found out. Ron Rivera, Pagano, Tomlin, Ryan, Gase, Bradley, Arians, Fisher, Bowles, Garrett, Kelly, Fox, Caldwell, Reid, O'Brien, Lewis.....all chancers and spoofers.

LOL you forgot Harbaugh!

I am not sure which HC is more disappointing this year - Arians or O'Brien.

I think the jury is still out on O'Brien.

His team has lost to New England, Denver, and Minnesota. All those games were on the road, and the combined record of those teams is 16-4.

It would be better, of course, if the Texans had been competitive in those games, and they needed OT to beat the Colts, but they're winning the games they're supposed to win, and trying to develop a QB at the same time.

Looking at their schedule, it's easy to see them being 9-7 again, or maybe 8-8. And looking at their division, it's also easy to see them winning it again with either of those records.

His team has lost to New England, Denver, and Minnesota. All those games were on the road, and the combined record of those teams is 16-4.

It would be better, of course, if the Texans had been competitive in those games, and they needed OT to beat the Colts, but they're winning the games they're supposed to win, and trying to develop a QB at the same time.

Looking at their schedule, it's easy to see them being 9-7 again, or maybe 8-8. And looking at their division, it's also easy to see them winning it again with either of those records.

Didn't see the game (u think I'd stay up for that?), but what I'm hearing, reading this AM, Osweiller was clown show dreadful.

Cheers, BostonTim

You are right but I am just looking at the offensive play for Houston which is O'Brien's specialty. The offense has been woeful thus far. And the offensive game plans have been vanilla and predictable. Some of that could be Oz and his skillset but I really thought the O would look much better than it has.

You are right but I am just looking at the offensive play for Houston which is O'Brien's specialty. The offense has been woeful thus far. And the offensive game plans have been vanilla and predictable. Some of that could be Oz and his skillset but I really thought the O would look much better than it has.

Osweiler has been dreadful and BO'B has no choice but to dumb down his normal offense so Os isn't confused or overwhelmed. It's the same as Josh McD reeling in our O vs the Bills with JBrissett unable to pass well with his injured thumb. The handicap is real in both cases and the outcome of those 3 games was predictable.

Osweiler has been dreadful and BO'B has no choice but to dumb down his normal offense so Os isn't confused or overwhelmed. It's the same as Josh McD reeling in our O vs the Bills with JBrissett unable to pass well with his injured thumb. The handicap is real in both cases and the outcome of those 3 games was predictable.

Yeah probably some of that but why not some more creative play calling? How about some zone read runs? A jet sweep with Hopkins? A double screen? Even with Brissett vs the Texans we had a variety of looks and plays. I don't see anything at all from O'Brien. Just drop back and throw or hand off to Miller.

Last night we witnessed maybe for the first time ever in the NFL a QB threw a fumble. LOL

I saw some of last nights game. Houston was driving for a possible go ahead td but for that fumble. I don't think anyone expected Os to have a good night. I am not making excuses for Houston, just noting that Denver did not dominate the way I expected them to.

I saw some of last nights game. Houston was driving for a possible go ahead td but for that fumble. I don't think anyone expected Os to have a good night. I am not making excuses for Houston, just noting that Denver did not dominate the way I expected them to.

I thought they looked pretty solid. Defense was strong. Held em to 3 FGS. The offense was solid. Very few mistakes. A good game all around. I would say that they dominated the Texans.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

That wasn't a fumble...that was another terrible ref call...but yeah Osweiler didn't have a good game though...

I don't know. It was close. The ball was coming out right about the same time his hand was going forward. That would be a fumble.

I thought they looked pretty solid. Defense was strong. Held em to 3 FGS. The offense was solid. Very few mistakes. A good game all around. I would say that they dominated the Texans.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I don't know. It was close. The ball was coming out right about the same time his hand was going forward. That would be a fumble.

The evidence I saw was that the ball went forward for 7-8 yards which only happens if his hand was propelling the ball forward...incomplete pass all the way to me.

The evidence I saw was that the ball went forward for 7-8 yards which only happens if his hand was propelling the ball forward...incomplete pass all the way to me.

That's the funny thing about it. To me it was close. The ball looked to be coming out of his hand before his arm was going forward. Fumble. Then it was hit by his arm/hand and flew the distance. Either way, it was ruled a fumble. The first QB to throw a "fumble".

Back