Weis Bombing at Notre Dame?

I'm willing to give the big man the benefit of the doubt but he must produce this year to the tune of 9 wins or he's a bust

You give people the benefit of the doubt if they have succeeded in the job in the past and are slumping. When, exactly, has Weis ever succeeded as a head coach ANYWHERE?

ND hired him because he was a name and the program was failing. Twenty years ago, they wouldn't have even interviewed him let alone hired him.

ND has tough academic requirements for sure, but they don't handcuff football recruiting quite like ND Nation makes it out to be. A quick scan of their recruiting board shows as much.

One of the guys I graduated with went on to play at Notre Dame. He wasn't a slouch by any means, but I certainly wouldn't have put him in the Brainiacs' Club.

He should go 8-4 or better this year and compete for the National Championship next year.

what kind of pills did you take today?

unless of course, by "National" you really meant to say "State of Indiana" and by "Championship" you meant "Best Catholic School Football Team"

I'll give him a chance to put in his program. This is his fourth year right.

i've have to agree, one thing about being a red sox fan is having faith. but i'm not blind, whether it was coaching ie: poor prep, inadequate use of appropriate personnel or whatever, this will be his year. the whole team is his, players he recruited and coached from the get go. if he doesn't post a 9-3 record or better I believe ND has to give someone else a shot. if that happens, i'd glad take big ole Charlie back on the Pats ... working under Josh McDaniels of course

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE -W
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN -L
Sept. 20 at Michigan State -L
Sept. 27 PURDUE -L
Oct. 4 STANFORD W? ND rumors begin about Chuck getting fired & Harbuagh taking over next year.
Oct. 11 at North Carolina-L Butch has a good club.
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington -W?
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH -L
Nov. 8 at Boston College L
Nov. 15 vs. Navy (at Baltimore, Md.) -W
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE -W
Nov. 29 at USC -L

MD why does Harbuagh have bad blood towards Michigan? BTW, I've heard Harbuagh to ND rumors many times this year.

Yeah, he flat out sucks.

Best. Video. EVAR.
(Crable at 1:06= tits)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6M9fIincgM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6M9fIincgM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Love it...love it..love it........:toast:

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE -W
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN -L
Sept. 20 at Michigan State -L
Sept. 27 PURDUE -L
Oct. 4 STANFORD W? ND rumors begin about Chuck getting fired & Harbuagh taking over next year.
Oct. 11 at North Carolina-L Butch has a good club.
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington -W?
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH -L
Nov. 8 at Boston College L
Nov. 15 vs. Navy (at Baltimore, Md.) -W
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE -W
Nov. 29 at USC -L

MD why does Harbuagh have bad blood towards Michigan? BTW, I've heard Harbuagh to ND rumors many times this year.

He doesn't really have bad blood. He's just an outspoken dude and was doing his job- promoting Stanford. I have no qualms with what he said. I thought the UM reaction was overblown.

Notre Dame is very hard on Academics...like Standford... and maybe Boston College... Student go to classes...

There's no maybe. BC graduates virtually ALL of its student athletes. As much as I can't stand BC, I do have to give them credit for that.

2.75 GPA they need at BC.

what kind of pills did you take today?

unless of course, by "National" you really meant to say "State of Indiana" and by "Championship" you meant "Best Catholic School Football Team"

Let's see. There were 6 white ones, 4 green, 3 blue, and 2 red.

Yeah, he flat out sucks.

Best. Video. EVAR.
(Crable at 1:06= tits)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6M9fIincgM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6M9fIincgM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I remember that game it pissed me off to way notre dame was playing. I do expect them to play better this year. If weis has loses more than 5 games this year his ass should be fired.

I am perplexed as to why you ended the title of this thread with a question mark as punctuation instead of a period?

Worst ND Coach ever. Yet he bamboozled them for 30 mill.
OK, no offense... but you really don't know your Notre Dame history if you think that's the case... he started his career making 2 BCS bowls before last year's clunker of a rebuilding year... that hardly qualifies as "worst ever"...

Yeah, he flat out sucks.

Best. Video. EVAR.
Michigan... Michigan... why does that name ring a bell..? Oh yeah..!! They're the guys who think they're God's gift to college football when they've only won one half of a national championship in the past 60 years (and even that was only because they got to duck Nebraska so they could squeek by Ryan Leaf in the Rose Bowl).

No, seriously guys... one half of a national championship in the past 60 years... :jester:

Good that he's bombing. Bring him back to NE. Seriously, would the Pats have failed to adjust against a crap team like the NE Giants if Weis had been at the helm of that offense? Not bloody likely.

Good that he's bombing. Bring him back to NE. Seriously, would the Pats have failed to adjust against a crap team like the NE Giants if Weis had been at the helm of that offense? Not bloody likely.

I dont know, there were definitely some complaints about Weiss when he was here too.

Hows THIS:

Everyone that supposedly made Brady what he is/was from wide receivers and coaches has been an EPIC FAILURE when they left the confines of Foxborough............... coincidence............ I think not.

The O-line play wouldnt be something Weiss could adjust for, as a unit they just didnt get the job done and combined with Tombradys foot/ankle issues he didnt have the pocket mobility he needed.

I dont know, there were definitely some complaints about Weiss when he was here too.
They won the SB in Weis' last two season in NE, and in three of his last four. Whatever complaints there were mean nothing to me.

I'd take the guy back in a nanosecond.

Back