We're on to Buffalo: Gamete Thread

We are in the playoffs with a win Sunday against the Jags and a Raiders loss to the Colts.
As they use to say a long time ago in high school. You can't get into the dance unless the the back of you hand gets stamped.
Once you are in the dance, you could get lucky.

Big difference between Allen and Jones. Big. There are pundits who raved about Allen's ceiling coming out of college. And there were pundits who mused that Jones was at his ceiling. Time will tell I guess. Having watched Allen extensively, and watching Jones this year, I think both are spot on.
For fucks sake, this is Jones rookie year and you're comparing him to Allen who is in what, his 3rd season? Give your head a shake and use a little common sense when making these comparisons.

No misdirected anger . I just wanted actual football discussions . Instead of sun shine & rainbows. From ass kissing homers.
Totally understood. While I only know you (for a long time) from the board here (though we met once on a draft night), I know you are one who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Honestly joking. I would never consider you as misddirected at all. You know full well what annoys you and why. What I really said was it would be wise not to mess with you. And meant with total respect. Anyway... Peace.

Cheers,

For fucks sake, this is Jones rookie year and you're comparing him to Allen who is in what, his 3rd season? Give your head a shake and use a little common sense when making these comparisons.
Let me ask you... Have you watched Zack Wilson play at all? What are your impressions of that kid?

Agreed on Harris. I told my son the same thing during the game. I know Stephenson seems to be who everyone is in love with these days but I don't see it just yet. Harris has so much more of a burst when he touches the ball and runs every bit as hard.
Rhambo has more possibilities...his talents are wider. Harris is a little better as far as upfront power though. As long as he stays healthy.

You know when you have to start Nkeal Harry at WR that things just might not go well. I was impressed that they were at least able to make a game out of it towards the end. Jonu Smith is fast rising up the charts as the biggest FA bust in Patriots history. His most notable play was a ridiculous hold that brought back a big play. I don't know WTF the Titans were doing with him that Belichick isn't but man, what a disappointment. I don't know what Henry's deal was yesterday either. He seemed really disinterested every time the camera zoomed in on him. Mac was pretty awful yesterday too. I don't know how many times he flat out missed Bolden just standing in the middle of the field all by himself. And WTF was up with the defense? That was just horrendous. They literally let Isaiah McKenzie who had 7 receptions the entire season go off. You would think at some point they would realize that maybe they needed to do something different with him but nope. Oh well. On to next week. Hopefully they can right the ship and end the regular season on a good note before the playoffs.
They might be all fighting the flu...it's possible.

I'm sure not many of you are aware but this is an area Josh excels at. Most quarterbacks when they get that kind of pressure, they dump it off for 5 yard-outs. Josh routinely throws these balls 15/20 yards down the field. Not many, if any out there are capable of doing that, let alone being able to process it as he does.

You know when you have to start Nkeal Harry at WR that things just might not go well. I was impressed that they were at least able to make a game out of it towards the end. Jonu Smith is fast rising up the charts as the biggest FA bust in Patriots history. His most notable play was a ridiculous hold that brought back a big play. I don't know WTF the Titans were doing with him that Belichick isn't but man, what a disappointment. I don't know what Henry's deal was yesterday either. He seemed really disinterested every time the camera zoomed in on him. Mac was pretty awful yesterday too. I don't know how many times he flat out missed Bolden just standing in the middle of the field all by himself. And WTF was up with the defense? That was just horrendous. They literally let Isaiah McKenzie who had 7 receptions the entire season go off. You would think at some point they would realize that maybe they needed to do something different with him but nope. Oh well. On to next week. Hopefully they can right the ship and end the regular season on a good note before the playoffs.
Smith on the Tits broke tackles a lot. Blocked well when they asked him. Caught whatever limited balls that were thrown to him. Very athletic for a TE.

He so far isn't really showing those skills in NE. Not much of them anyway.

Wow, they just showed a clip of Josh Allen walking near Judon after one play and faking a trip and throwing himself to the ground, soccer-style, looking for the flag. Disappointing to see that in any NFL player.
HAHA what do you call what Baby Mac did on the sideline? Why is Judon trying to trip Josh on his bad ankle.. i'm sure it was just a coincidence right?

Looks like Bills fans are flocking here now ...

That is what Bills fans do. They have nothing else. Zero. Four swings at the Lombardi a generation ago and comparing a 3rd year QB against a 1st year.

That is all they have. Football virgins with a GF in Niagara Falls.

I remember this one time the patriots were having an undefeated season and they beat the New York Giants in their own home. Then they git to face that same team at the Super Bowl then lost. One thing I’ve learned about football things change really fast in the sport. Just when you think you got a good understanding of what’s going to happen one week from the next you get totally stumped… If I were a Bills fan I would be really happy right now, but also understand nothings been won yet….
Bill Belichick is the best coach in football and I feel he has the capability to turn this team around. In my opinion there isn’t a single team that scares me. Just about anybody could be each other this year. I don’t see a single dominant team… I think it’s gonna be a wild ride to the Super Bowl. Who ends up there? I have no fucking clue, But if I were a bills fan I wouldn’t be making reservations for hotels room at the next Super Bowl site just yet.

Big difference between Allen and Jones. Big. There are pundits who raved about Allen's ceiling coming out of college. And there were pundits who mused that Jones was at his ceiling. Time will tell I guess. Having watched Allen extensively, and watching Jones this year, I think both are spot on.

While nobody has more respect for draft pundits than I do, let me ask you a question.

If they redid the 2021 draft over do you think the QBs would come off the board in the same order?

As a refresher, here's the order.

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Lance
4. Fields
5. Jones

Since you seem like a bright guy and some of us are probably a little delusional about the guy we ended up settling for, why don't you
tell us how it should have gone?

Last edited:
Let me ask you... Have you watched Zack Wilson play at all? What are your impressions of that kid?
He's a rookie, same as Mac. And why would I care about his play, he plays for the Jets?

Back