We're on to Houstan: Gamete Thread

Had company all afternoon 4 grands and a great aunt and uncle. Still saw a bunch of the game and am happy with most of it. The Pats were the walking wounded after leaving everything on the field Sunday night. They played messy but hard and willed a win out of that. People saying Culley was the reason the Pats won, clearly did not see the, what ,3 4th down conversions, one deep in their own territory. He played aggressive and it worked most of the game. He got burnt on the weird punt. I am surprised he did not go for it on 4th down all game, we weren't stopping them.

Still with all the mistakes, the pats continued to play hard, and came away with Jones 1st 4th quarter come back. Proud to be a fan today and think there will be a shake up in the OL going forward. I was kind of shocked at how much it appears Mills means to the secondary and welcome back Collins.
Mills is a good player with a lot of experience, brings energy and is versatile, so it allows BB to scheme and move another guy around without being victimized. He's not going to "wow" you, but he's a good, steady player.

What’s very exciting to me is that Jones and Henry are starting to develop a rapport…….Henry had 6 catches for 75 yards and a TD.

You have to be excited at that, when a QB develops a good playing relationship with a TE, it’s huge. And Smith is improving as well.

Had company all afternoon 4 grands and a great aunt and uncle. Still saw a bunch of the game and am happy with most of it. The Pats were the walking wounded after leaving everything on the field Sunday night. They played messy but hard and willed a win out of that. People saying Culley was the reason the Pats won, clearly did not see the, what ,3 4th down conversions, one deep in their own territory. He played aggressive and it worked most of the game. He got burnt on the weird punt. I am surprised he did not go for it on 4th down all game, we weren't stopping them.

Still with all the mistakes, the pats continued to play hard, and came away with Jones 1st 4th quarter come back. Proud to be a fan today and think there will be a shake up in the OL going forward. I was kind of shocked at how much it appears Mills means to the secondary and welcome back Collins.
Bill Burr helped the Pats no doubt...

ok....gotta mention the hair puller of the game to me...
TACKLE....AND SET THE EMMMEFFING EDGE.
holy geeze...don't know why teams just don't screen the pats all day. the d simply can't protect the edge.

James Lofton was absolutely brutal, and they can rename Andrew Catalano, Andrew Catatonic.
Not thrilled with them accepting the Harris "fumble". I don't care what anyone says, but Goodell at least once a game to stop momentum or something like that on a game scoring play that adversely affects this team and the announcers just sit there as Steratore lies to the viewer. There was absolutely ZERO evidence to overturn that TD because the broadcast showed us absolutely nothing.

It's almost like CBS intentionally doesn't want to show the viewer the lone angle we need to see to be able to do what happened there. That was a TD based on the rule.

I watch enough football on Sundays to know that this isn't all that common with other teams. What is the point of replay if you're getting the call wrong and then lying about it?

It's like the Stevenson "fumble" in Week 1. He was laying on his back when the ball was stripped out. I don't know why BB didn't challenge it other than to maybe teach Stevenson a lesson of sorts, but still. It's annoying watching it happen almost every week. Last week, it was a Hold Fest by TBs O Line for 4 qtrs.

Please dont encourage them...

~Dee~
I know, your right, but their essence is rooted in cowardice. There isn't one of them who could look any true Pats fan in the face and say they were rooting for NE to win today. They weren't, they know it, we know it and everyone else knows it.

James Lofton was absolutely brutal, and they can rename Andrew Catalano, Andrew Catatonic.
loved listening to that idiot defend Houston using a timeout before a punt "like bill parcells said you cant take them home with you"

no lofton you moran take the 5 yard delay of game and then punt - you dont waste a timeout just to punt the next play.

Not thrilled with them accepting the Harris "fumble". I don't care what anyone says, but Goodell at least once a game to stop momentum or something like that on a game scoring play that adversely affects this team and the announcers just sit there as Steratore lies to the viewer. There was absolutely ZERO evidence to overturn that TD because the broadcast showed us absolutely nothing.

It's almost like CBS intentionally doesn't want to show the viewer the lone angle we need to see to be able to do what happened there. That was a TD based on the rule.

I watch enough football on Sundays to know that this isn't all that common with other teams. What is the point of replay if you're getting the call wrong and then lying about it?

It's like the Stevenson "fumble" in Week 1. He was laying on his back when the ball was stripped out. I don't know why BB didn't challenge it other than to maybe teach Stevenson a lesson of sorts, but still. It's annoying watching it happen almost every week. Last week, it was a Hold Fest by TBs O Line for 4 qtrs.
I learned as a Freshman in HS, once the ball breaks the plane of the goal, nothing else matters after that.

I learned as a Freshman in HS, once the ball breaks the plane of the goal, nothing else matters after that.
Exactly. Look, I am not saying it's a good thing Harris didn't secure the ball to the ground, but changing NFL rules during the game to shape big play like a TD, is not something we haven't seen before from Goodell.

This is the only sports league I know of that fails to use replay appropriately and I don't think it's an accident. Everyone knows you need convincing, clear evidence to overturn a call. We saw no angle that showed us where he was short of the line with the tip of the ball up against the chalk. We got porked.

Back