We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

Mac outplayed Tom tonight
i
Tampa Bay Passing
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
Tom Brady22/432696.3001-870.8
TEAM22/432616.3001-870.8
i
New England Passing
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
Mac Jones31/402756.9214-25101.6

Really feel for Folk. He was put in a real tough situation considering the weather and his bum leg. The fact that he was that close is unbelievable. It looked like he was literally crying after that miss.

Stats there showed FG win probability was 42.2% and go for it on 4th down 37.4%. The FG was the right call.

Let's be glad this game is over. It's been a crazy few weeks with the hype going into overdrive. And it's been on the back of peoples minds ever since Tom left. I'm sure everyone is relieved. The focus can go back onto football and we really now have a mist win game in Houston.

We are 1-3, tied with the Jets and Finns in the AFCE.

I'm not going to second guess going fo for the FG. One more inch to the right and all the second guessers would be shouting hooray.
I'll always appreciate Tom. BB did a masterful job of coaching tonight.
We do have our QB of the future.
I don't believe in morale victories, so I'm disappointed. But there are bad losses and this was not one.

Nice gameplan by BB. It was masterful.

The Pats dominated. I am still confused a bit on the Slater call. If he gets pushed out twice, what does it matter how fast he comes back in that point? It's totally subjective since he's been pushed out twice. Also, that Guy penalty (which wasn't a penalty) was horrendous. These things are always momentum stoppers.

The team just needs to build off this now. They were the better team.

Really feel for Folk. He was put in a real tough situation considering the weather and his bum leg. The fact that he was that close is unbelievable. It looked like he was literally crying after that miss.
Same. It was really a great effort. I didn't think it had a chance and he almost punched it in.

Nice gameplan by BB. It was masterful.

The Pats dominated. I am still confused a bit on the Slater call. If he gets pushed out twice, what does it matter how fast he comes back in that point? It's totally subjective since he's been pushed out twice. Also, that Guy penalty (which wasn't a penalty) was horrendous. These things are always momentum stoppers.

The team just needs to build off this now. They were the better team.
Agreed especially since the defender stayed out of bounds trying to keep him there for 30 yards.

Agreed especially since the defender stayed out of bounds trying to keep him there for 30 yards.
I'm really proud of the team. I was impressed and I think it's a good stepping stone moving forward. It as far from a perfect game, but it reminded me how BB slows Mahomes down. Really nice gameplan.

I'm not going to second guess going fo for the FG. One more inch to the right and all the second guessers would be shouting hooray.
I'll always appreciate Tom. BB did a masterful job of coaching tonight.
We do have our QB of the future.
I don't believe in morale victories, so I'm disappointed. But there are bad losses and this was not one.

Yeah, maybe, but the reason to question the call isn’t because Folk missed, it’s because there were 56 seconds on the clock, Tampa had 2 timeouts, and they only needed a FG.

I thought going for it made more sense. That said, if Lavonte David doesn’t tip that 3rd down pass, Meyers gets the first and we probably win.

That one hurts to lose because the Pats deserved better but didn’t make the critical play they needed to seal it. 1-3 sucks, especially when the Miami and TB games should be wins.

Ultimately moot should they make the postseason, but if one of these regular season losses costs them the playoffs, that would really suck.

These close, emotional losses can turn seasons either way. They need to show mental toughness and turn it around, but it’s hard to feel good right now. This team deserves to be 2-2.

Got holes in my wall, a sore hand, and I’m fuming -- over the outcome of the game and over the holes in the wall (which was stupid on my part, but punching something hard and damageable is so much more satisfying than punching a cushioned surface). Fuck this. Fuck 1-3. Don’t have an emotional letdown against Houston, please, and get some momentum against Cleveland & Dallas.

Beat Buffalo twice and we’re leading the AFC East. We still control our own destiny in the AFCE. That’s all I got.

Last edited:
This team needs a little luck, too. All these fumbles but it seems like most of them are good plays by the defense. Despite being active, the Pats’ D can’t get any breaks with loose balls, tipped passes, etc. I gotta think they’ll catch a few breaks soon.

Beyond that, they also need a true MLB. Doesn’t need to be great, but they need to be capable of playing 3 downs - that’s what I’m looking for at the trade deadline.

If they had won, this team is 2-2 and everyone is universally feeling good about them. They lose, again, and now they’re 1-3 and deflated after a tough loss. It’s really hard to bounce back from these games, at 1-3, and turn things around; it’d seem infinitely easier if they were 2-2. Can it be done? Yes. I don’t know … hard to feel optimistic right now.

Plenty of people here hate Brady. You're here, you read the stupidity.

How often have you actually gone out to bars and had drinks with pro players? I don't care that you coached them in high school. I'm talking about actually having real conversations with them as an adult.
No one hates Brady, little fella. We all respect what he did as a quarterback here for 2 decades. Some of us just refuse to kiss his ass every time his name is mentioned. He's the enemy now. And I personally think his dad has turned into a huge douche bag. I would LOVE to hear his take on tonight's game. LOL!

Also, its a FACT, not opinion that he, and his "vindicated" daddy, didn't get the beat down that they oh so wanted. They wanted to hang 50 on us and win by at least 30 points. And Tom couldn't even throw 1 single touchdown pass. He was significantly out played by a ROOKIE in his 4th game.

Another fact: Tom wouldn't be who he is today without Bill. He MADE Brady. Without Bill, Tom would have been selling insurance for the past 21 years.

Bill had pre-arranged a meeting with Tom for after the game and went into the Bucs lockerroom after and spent 20 mins with him. That’s good to hear and good for Bill for doing it. Peter King said in todays FMIA, it felt like a win for both Men. Tom got the win and dealt with all the emotion of the game and Bill dialled up a terrific game plan and showed what a great coach he is and he knows he has his QB for the future. Brady said it to reporters, he realises what a difficult place it is to come to Foxboro and win.

It seems closure was had by all.

“It was a very personal, private thing,” Brady said. “We’ve always had that type of relationship where we can say things to each other. You know, whoever characterizes our relationship is completely wrong. People want to focus on so much stuff that’s so unimportant. You know? We were together for 20-plus years and we were so productive and successful and I learned so much from him. Loved my experience here, loved my relationship with him.”

During the week, Brady told Christensen how much respect he had for teams that came into Foxboro and won games. And when Christensen first saw him after the game, Brady smiled and sighed.

“God,” Brady said, “is it hard to come in here and win a football game.”

I halfway wonder if Belichick offered a bit of a mea culpa during the postgame meeting with Brady. Perhaps seeing what Brady is doing in Tampa leads him to believe that Brady earned the right to have the team commit to him through 'x' age. That's one line of thinking.

The other approach is that Belichick didn't apologize, necessarily, but basically said, "look Tom, I love you, like, seriously - you mean the world to me. I know things didn't end perfectly and I'd like to sit down at some point in the future and talk, hash things out, reconcile, and I acknowledge I could've done some things differently. It genuinely bothers me that our relationship is being talked about as anything other than strong. If I ever wasn't great about demonstrating my appreciation for you as a player and for the things you did for this team, I feel bad about that. I love you so much, bud, and I want you to know that.".

Who knows, but that's kind of the vibe I'm getting. Other than losing (and the dents in my drywall), that was a really fantastic game of football and it highlighted the best in Brady and Belichick, respectively.

The only issue is Tampa's Oline is really good. I do wonder though how much Tom will take the run if we only rush 3 or 4. I have to think Bill wants to die a slow death and have Tom beat his defense that way vs the pass game down field. I just have no idea how we cover AB, Godwin and Evans. Just so much fire power there to kill us deep or mid range crossers.
Our Defense really stepped up. We lost, but you know, I 'm not upset about it. It was a solid performance by Mac, the receivers and the Defense. Our OL needs help, granted we only tried running it 6 times? But still, we had no run game to speak of. If we could have run the ball with even a little bit of success, we could have won that game. I expected a blowout tbh and what I got was a pleasant surprise. Tampa forced the Pats to beat them through the air and the Pats almost did it. Tampa got the W, but there are a lot of positives to take from this game imo.

The Rams exposed that secondary of Tampa last weak. I think by weak 10, this could be a very formidable team. 2 new TE's, 2 new WR's and a rookie QB.

This team needs a little luck, too. All these fumbles but it seems like most of them are good plays by the defense. Despite being active, the Pats’ D can’t get any breaks with loose balls, tipped passes, etc. I gotta think they’ll catch a few breaks soon.

Beyond that, they also need a true MLB. Doesn’t need to be great, but they need to be capable of playing 3 downs - that’s what I’m looking for at the trade deadline.

If they had won, this team is 2-2 and everyone is universally feeling good about them. They lose, again, and now they’re 1-3 and deflated after a tough loss. It’s really hard to bounce back from these games, at 1-3, and turn things around; it’d seem infinitely easier if they were 2-2. Can it be done? Yes. I don’t know … hard to feel optimistic right now.
I feel pretty dang good.

Young team plays hard. Haven’t caught a break yet all season.

We actually have a 22 year old Brady replacement.

Need someone to cross I formation running plays that everyone in the house knows what’s coming out of joshes playbook with a permanent marker but other than that….

The rest of the league watched this game. They don’t want to play us.

Feels like the 2001 regular season game against St. Louis. They lost that game, but it demonstrated to the team that they can play with anyone and helped them get some traction to go on a run. You know what else that team had in common? They both started 1-3. Let's hope for a similar outcome.

Back