We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

Feels like the 2001 regular season game against St. Louis. They lost that game, but it demonstrated to the team that they can play with anyone and helped them get some traction to go on a run. You know what else that team had in common? They both started 1-3. Let's hope for a similar outcome.
I said exactly this to my kids last night.

I halfway wonder if Belichick offered a bit of a mea culpa during the postgame meeting with Brady. Perhaps seeing what Brady is doing in Tampa leads him to believe that Brady earned the right to have the team commit to him through 'x' age. That's one line of thinking.

The other approach is that Belichick didn't apologize, necessarily, but basically said, "look Tom, I love you, like, seriously - you mean the world to me. I know things didn't end perfectly and I'd like to sit down at some point in the future and talk, hash things out, reconcile, and I acknowledge I could've done some things differently. It genuinely bothers me that our relationship is being talked about as anything other than strong. If I ever wasn't great about demonstrating my appreciation for you as a player and for the things you did for this team, I feel bad about that. I love you so much, bud, and I want you to know that.".

Who knows, but that's kind of the vibe I'm getting. Other than losing (and the dents in my drywall), that was a really fantastic game of football and it highlighted the best in Brady and Belichick, respectively.
I disagree and here's why. Belichick was displaying consistency, treating every player the same and not showing favorites, it sends a consistent message to the young guys and new arrivals that no one is greater than the team. I don't think Belichick apologized, nor do I think he needs to tbh. When I worked for my Father, he came down harder on me than he did anyone else, not because my error was any more egregious than the next guy but because I was his son and there was a higher standard expected of me. I didn't get butt hurt, I focused and worked harder.

Last edited:
In regards to any/all of this "BB vs. TFB who thinks what of who" bullshid,

I think anyone paying close attention to the sitch would have found numerous quotes direct from BB's and TFB's own mouth's indicating their mutual admiration and respect for each other's 20 year NFL relationship

I don't need any BS from the Shank Shaughnessys and the Seth WickerSHAMshanks of the media to colorize for me the NFL's most productive Head Coach/QB collaboration of the ages

on a more frivolous note: would anyone have a gif of some of the camera closeups of Steve Belichick during last night's game?

JHC but did he look like the Planet's own imipig's avy or what? :blink:

iu

not a good look Stevie 😳

I disagree and here's why. Belichick was displaying consistency, treating every player the same and not showing favorites, it sends a consistent message to the young guys and new arrivals that no one is greater than the team. I don't think Belichick apologized, nor do I think he needs to tbh. When I worked for my Father, he came down harder on me than he did anyone else, not because my error was any more egregious than the next guy but because I was his son and there was a higher standard expected of me. I didn't get butt hurt, I focused and worked harder.
The way Guerrero spouted off about BB not "evolving" as a coach and treating all players the same, tells me Tom wanted to be treated differently or at the very least that's how Alex and Tom Sr viewed it. Which tells me Tom jr voiced his displeasure to them and they said something. I just don't agree, maybe because I don't believe in special treatment, I don't expect it for myself and I try to be consistent with my treatment of others.

I thought Guy was excellent again, but Godchaux....I barely knew he was on the field. We payed a lot of money for him and he still hasn't delivered IMHO.

Judon was a beast, what we all hoped he would be. Duggar and Uche were up for it as usual, Wino was prominent on ST and looked good. Someone mentioned was HT even playing? Ditto, I would not have known he was on the field...

The DBs were all very good indeed, a vert good night for them even though no takeaways.

Our receivers are coming together, Meyers, Bourne and Agholor all had their moments, some errors but they look good. And the TEs are rumbling to life! The run game and the O Line are the disappointments but they can be fixed.

Even Bolden who is roundly ridiculed in PP, had his moments!

I halfway wonder if Belichick offered a bit of a mea culpa during the postgame meeting with Brady. Perhaps seeing what Brady is doing in Tampa leads him to believe that Brady earned the right to have the team commit to him through 'x' age. That's one line of thinking.

The other approach is that Belichick didn't apologize, necessarily, but basically said, "look Tom, I love you, like, seriously - you mean the world to me. I know things didn't end perfectly and I'd like to sit down at some point in the future and talk, hash things out, reconcile, and I acknowledge I could've done some things differently. It genuinely bothers me that our relationship is being talked about as anything other than strong. If I ever wasn't great about demonstrating my appreciation for you as a player and for the things you did for this team, I feel bad about that. I love you so much, bud, and I want you to know that.".

Who knows, but that's kind of the vibe I'm getting. Other than losing (and the dents in my drywall), that was a really fantastic game of football and it highlighted the best in Brady and Belichick, respectively.
This is my line of thinking too. I think Bill wanted to let Tom know that he misjudged what type of football Tom had left inside and that he was genuinely happy for him in Tampa and what he has been able to accomplish. I also agree about the relationship being talked about negatively in the media and Bill wanting to smooth that out and probably Tom too given the comments his dad made.

Honestly, knowing they met for an extended period of time after the game was the highlight of the night for me. It was a very difficult game to watch on so many levels despite the game being so good. To know they met like that makes everything just feel right. I am glad Bill did that and he should be acknowledged for that today.

I thought Guy was excellent again, but Godchaux....I barely knew he was on the field. We payed a lot of money for him and he still hasn't delivered IMHO.

Judon was a beast, what we all hoped he would be. Duggar and Uche were up for it as usual, Wino was prominent on ST and looked good. Someone mentioned was HT even playing? Ditto, I would not have known he was on the field...

The DBs were all very good indeed, a vert good night for them even though no takeaways.

Our receivers are coming together, Meyers, Bourne and Agholor all had their moments, some errors but they look good. And the TEs are rumbling to life! The run game and the O Line are the disappointments but they can be fixed.

Even Bolden who is roundly ridiculed in PP, had his moments!
I really like Dugger, the more he plays the more I like him. He's a bit weak in coverage at times, but he's solid against the run. Uche is going to be a monster I think. Judon is a fantastic addition.

Agreed about the OL, they need to step up big time.

Biggest problem going forward is the OL. Brown coming back will help but it won't fix the problem entirely.
It seems that they are not on the same page many times, not playing as a unit.
I don't know what the fix is but they have to find one.

This is my line of thinking too. I think Bill wanted to let Tom know that he misjudged what type of football Tom had left inside and that he was genuinely happy for him in Tampa and what he has been able to accomplish. I also agree about the relationship being talked about negatively in the media and Bill wanting to smooth that out and probably Tom too given the comments his dad made.

Honestly, knowing they met for an extended period of time after the game was the highlight of the night for me. It was a very difficult game to watch on so many levels despite the game being so good. To know they met like that makes everything just feel right. I am glad Bill did that and he should be acknowledged for that today.
I think the word I'd use is a simple one, 'Closure'.

And it sounds like he wants to come back and retire as a Patriot as well.

I am moving all the posts from early this morning that are attacks and defenses that had little to do with the game. They are going to the catch all thread in the asylum.
Poor UT having to deal with this place :rofl:

On a serious note though, great job UT, 'ppreciate ya as always.

Back