We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

Nah, it's about the middle part of your roster. If your depth stinks, this is what happens. Outside of maybe 2008, 2009 or 2011, maybe 2013, BB has rarely had a huge drop off in talent from the starters and didn't have someone coached up, it's a big factor over a full season.

Arians is a moron. The more he yaps, the more dumb he sounds.

TB has what is called a top heavy roster. All these constant "restructures" will send them off into cap hell after this year. KC is in trouble as you see now as well and that was easy to see. Hubris.

How many 1 year dynasties have we seen over the past decade not named NE?

NOs, GB, Baltimore, Seattle, Denver, Philly, and now possibly KC and TB. Those teams paid players for the past, not projecting properly into the future, not to mention David and Suh are OLD.
Tampa does not have a top heavy roster. Licht has been hitting it out of the park on his drafts going back to 2016. It is one of the reasons Brady was attracted to Tampa in the first place.
  • The talent they acquired last year did not cost them any draft capital other than Gronk who they got for a 4th round pick which now looks like a complete fleecing given his production from the mid-way point of last season and especially the SB.
  • Their salary cap doesn’t have much dead money.
  • They haven’t signed players to heavily backloaded contracts.
  • They have few players on their roster who are paid more than they’re worth. And in fact signed many of their FAs to good deals because the market was depressed due to the Covid hit on the cap, With the cap expected to go exponentially over the next few seasons they will be in great shape all around.
  • They don’t have an relatively old or aging roster except for the Dline which they bolstered by adding Tyron in the first round this year.
  • They have plenty of productive young players on rookie contracts.
  • They have two of their most productive offensive skill guys (Gronk and AB) on dirt cheap contracts. Not to mention Brady who just signed a one year extension freeing them up a ton of cap space to resign their FAs this offseason.
I mean, Kansas City is a horrible comparison as they just signed a bunch of their players to huge backloaded long-term deals and Mahomes has a time bomb contract that is already causing issues hence why they just made a desperation move by signing Josh Gordon.

I think the opposite of this narrative is true, to be honest. The only reason people may say Tampa is “all-in”, implying they’re mortgaging their future for the very short-term is Tom Brady’s age. He may play 2-3 more seasons, which is a huge window in the NFL, or if he retires, they’d be a great QB away from contending like most teams.

Well if you go by what Toms Dad is saying, he makes it sound like Tom wasn't treated any differently than a rookie or second year player. Maybe Tom needed to feel special, suckle on his teat and tell him he's special. Treat him like a King so he went to Tampa where he's appreciated? I dunno, I just remember Arians calling Brady a cheater. But whatever..lol
Seriously? I hate the Pats but the person you’re describing is the complete opposite of Brady. For two decades that dude towed the line, played the “Patriot Way”, the “BB” way and won six SBs, without ever complaining or saying or doing the wrong thing. “Needed to feel special, suckle on his teet, treat him like a king”? I don’t know who you’re talking about. 🤷‍♂️

Seriously? I hate the Pats but the person you’re describing is the complete opposite of Brady. For two decades that dude towed the line, played the “Patriot Way”, the “BB” way and won six SBs, without ever complaining or saying or doing the wrong thing. “Needed to feel special, suckle on his teet, treat him like a king”? I don’t know who you’re talking about. 🤷‍♂️
You should know by now that Boston fans are the worst fans when their stars leave. It is why we have one of the worst reputations as sport fans in the country.

You've missed a lot of what's gone on. Then again, you've been busy with your cheating owner and his laziness and entitlement for 20 years.

I was left scratching my head back in January of 2015 when Tom Brady Sr said it would "end badly". I had no idea what it meant or why he was saying it. I also had no idea why Brady kept saying he wanted to "play until 45", but now it all makes sense. BB drafted Jimmy in 2014, so Brady watched all year as BB worked 1:1 with Jimmy. Brady didn't like it and I can't blame him, but BB was probably wondering who kidnapped Brady in postseasons and why his game management was absolutely horrible. For Brady, this was his way of lobbying for a contract so it was on record that he wanted to retire a Patriot. Makes sense, he realizes he plays for the best and it's a big reason why NE is in the postseason every year is as much Brady, but also because BB isn't a moron with the cap and teambuilding like your team or about 80% of the NFL.

But, it's clear now, the drafting of JimmyG and BB working with him DAILY (only Brady got that treatment in 2001 even when Bledsoe returned and Cassel on the fly in 2008), really irked Brady like the Jordan Love pick has irked passive-aggressive primadonna Rodgers in GB.

Sometimes money and fame can change someone. It changed Tom Brady, but it also lit a fire under Brady who was playing poorly in postseasons from 2007-2012, including vs your Jets with a mindblowingly bizarre INT on a steamrolling drive, right into David Harris's arms in the 1st qtr, almost like it was intentional, that's how bad it was. Sure, the D could have done a lot better, and didn't, but the slow starts and deer in the headlights look from Brady about midway through the 3rd qtr of a postseason game in the divisional rd, title game or SB, became the norm.

So, we got 3 more rings out of it, but enough was enough. Brady could get hurt or retire at literally any time with Giselle in his ear, and on top of that, it's very likely BB wasn't going to pay long term at 25 mil per just because of what Brady has accomplished.

I mean, BB asked Mike Lombardi to write a report about this teams and why they were failing in postseasons from 2007-2012 and it wasn't just because the D couldn't bail Brady out of every bad performance his chosen offense (finesse shotgun spread base) produced, whether it barely scoring points in an offensive league geared for scoring points. Why anyone would ask a defense to do more than offense with rules favoring offenses, doesn't quite make sense if you graduated high school.

Brady isn't perfect, even though it was portrayed as such by the Boston media here, who never once criticized him when he had horribly boneheaded gaffes or bad games. It ended up creating a monster of sorts, where BB probably thought he couldn't reach his QB anymore.

When you live in "bililonaire bunker" or build a house with a moat around it, we're obviously talking about an oligarch here, who is used to getting everything he wants. It is what it is. Fans are appreciative, but what you see in GB with Rodgers is likely what BB has been dealing with for a long time.

Our GM has a responsibility to the owner, team and fans and it can't just be a micro, year to year and cross your fingers approach like most of the NFL does it. Brady chose an All Star cast in TB and it worked for him, but we also saw him throw 3 more INTs in the title game. Looks VERY familiar.

There's a reason why Brees and Rodgers only have 1 ring......Their GMs and Coach weren't anywhere near as great as BB. Heck, even Manning only go the 1 ring in Indy.

Tampa does not have a top heavy roster. Licht has been hitting it out of the park on his drafts going back to 2016. It is one of the reasons Brady was attracted to Tampa in the first place.
  • The talent they acquired last year did not cost them any draft capital other than Gronk who they got for a 4th round pick which now looks like a complete fleecing given his production from the mid-way point of last season and especially the SB.
  • Their salary cap doesn’t have much dead money.
  • They haven’t signed players to heavily backloaded contracts.
  • They have few players on their roster who are paid more than they’re worth. And in fact signed many of their FAs to good deals because the market was depressed due to the Covid hit on the cap, With the cap expected to go exponentially over the next few seasons they will be in great shape all around.
  • They don’t have an relatively old or aging roster except for the Dline which they bolstered by adding Tyron in the first round this year.
  • They have plenty of productive young players on rookie contracts.
  • They have two of their most productive offensive skill guys (Gronk and AB) on dirt cheap contracts. Not to mention Brady who just signed a one year extension freeing them up a ton of cap space to resign their FAs this offseason.
I mean, Kansas City is a horrible comparison as they just signed a bunch of their players to huge backloaded long-term deals and Mahomes has a time bomb contract that is already causing issues hence why they just made a desperation move by signing Josh Gordon.

I think the opposite of this narrative is true, to be honest. The only reason people may say Tampa is “all-in”, implying they’re mortgaging their future for the very short-term is Tom Brady’s age. He may play 2-3 more seasons, which is a huge window in the NFL, or if he retires, they’d be a great QB away from contending like most teams.
Umm, when you're an awful franchise picking in the top 10 of a draft over and over, you're going to collect some talent. It's what Seattle did in the late 00's. You'd expect talent when drafting every year there.

You should hit on all picks in the top 10, so that's not "hitting it out of the park", it's called not being a complete moron as a GM. Not impressed.

TB has an old and top heavy roster. Gronk, Suh, David, Pierre Paul, Bernard, etc. And there's a reason they couldn't pay Godwin. They're screwed after this year as is KC. In fact, KC is already seeing some issues as is TB in that secondary.

And, this doesn't even count who they may have to cut who is overpaid or ask Mike Evans to "restructure". Hint, constant restructures on one team is a bad thing, not a good thing.

One of his fumbles...wasn't a fumble. Hopefully he gets out of the doghouse though. He's needed.

No RB plays for this team until they can handle pass-blocking. Stevenson, as big and strong as he is, got absolutely knocked on his ass by a Jet and right then I knew he was heading for the inactive list. There is no excuse for a guy with his frame to get steamrolled like that. The fumble was due to very poor ball security and that was even worse. Kevin Faulk, James White, Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead and Shane Vereen were a few examples of young backs that sat a lot until they figured out pass pro and Stevenson will likely have to go the same route.

I'd love to see what would happen if he got some snaps this week, but this has always been one of Belichick's pet peeves. I'd be very surprised if he gets any significant snaps, despite the need for a guy that can run like him.

Absolutely. During a pandemic with the whole league discombobulated. Hey, it worked. A lot went their way with no injuries, Brees's arm on a string and Rodgers checked out completely not able to take advantage of 3 INTs from Brady at home.

Brady didn't split the atom, dude. He did what MeBron James has been doing to show it's all about him. I find puke-inducing like a lot of narcissists in our society.

I think we have a Colts fan on our board.

Man, I miss Jaric.

Absolutely. During a pandemic with the whole league discombobulated. Hey, it worked. A lot went their way with no injuries, Brees's arm on a string and Rodgers checked out completely not able to take advantage of 3 INTs from Brady at home.

Brady didn't split the atom, dude. He did what MeBron James has been doing to show it's all about him. I find puke-inducing like a lot of narcissists in our society.

Why? He is correct.

Man, I miss Jaric.
I am just an honest, real diehard fan that roots for all on the team and doesn't like cancers on the team. Went to the first AFC title game in Foxborough (Jan 12, 1997, I still have the stub) and my extended family have had season tix since 1978 with their names on the seats, that I will inherit fully someday soon. We're all fans, but I am not going to lie or be disingenuous even if about Tom Brady.

He wasn't made in some lab where he's a perfect thing that you program.

It's the fans like you who can't admit he's human that's the problem. Always was. Brady probably felt he played great in both SBs vs the Giants. Personally, I'd be mortified to set records during the year and then crap myself vs the 27th ranked D, but that's just me, especially after such poor performances in those title games. It's not like he wasn't supported by good performances elsewhere on the team.

Last edited:
I think there are a lot of things the boys need to do for a win here.We see problems universally on both sides of the ball.The good news is most of it is sloppy mistakes ,blown coverages , bad routes , penalties , etc. These are all things that could be quick fixes.Mac needs time , and experience , which you can't rush , he needs to be allowed to develop into the QB that he will be.One thing we know is , If you want to de-rail TB , plant him on his ass a few times.

Also, no, the Pats don't restructure all the time. Name the numerous restructures. Brady did it a couple, maybe a few times, but when you ask multiple players to do it, you're trying to win now as the window shrinks. It's risky, dude. Most teams don't success with it. It's hard to win a SB. The pandemic was a good distraction for Tampa Bay last year by adding a HOF QB.

Back