What about your current life would shock 13 year old you the most?

That at my age I still haven't figured anything out as I expected all the adults did when I was 13.

The first thing I thought of is I am not in touch with any of the friends I had then. :shrug:

Fortunately i'm still in touch with a number of my early teen friends (Not just on Facebook either). To know we'd make it through our teens, survive stints in the Army, get married and be able to watch our children grow up... That would shock the sh!t out of 13yr me LOL!

That I would grow to understand and deeply respect the trials and tribulations our single parent mother was going through when I was 13 when I didn't have the clothes, shoes or athletic gear I believed I was entitled to then.

The lessons are so stark and real to me now but totally lost on 13 year old me.

Ditto. I can totally relate to that. 13yr me was not as grateful as he should of been. As an adult and parent now... wow. 13yr me would be SHOCKED at how tight he and his mom will become over the years.

That I have been to and survived the places and things I have. That I have 4 amazing grown children that I am so very proud of.

I guess that I'm alive first off and that somehow the insane teenager grew up to have a great family and a respectable career.
Someone else commented about being in touch with friends from that age. Strangely every one of my best friends from childhood is still my friend now and we see each other all the time. It's amazing and we talk about it a lot. The whole bunch of us. No one has died yet.

Better now than later. Happy picture. Awesome.

That's a beautiful picture. :thumb:

Cheers, BostonTim

Thanks, Diane and I are getting married on 11/18/17 but I still for the life of me don't understand why she's always calling me a dirty old man, when she clearly knows I'm dirty middle aged lol

That I'm a Patriots fan. I was a Browns fan until they moved when I was 28.

That the Red Sox have won not one, not two but three championships in my lifetime (so far....)

Or that I could care less that they did. I was a huge Red Sox fan when I was a kid. Until 86. Then I swore off baseball.

Back