What Are Your Expectations for the 2010 Pats?

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Greg Knopping of PatsPulpit asks the question and sort of gives his answer.
Currently the vote is:
40% SB Win
9 % SB Loss
40% 1 or 2 Playoff Wins
6 % 1 and done
4 % Miss the Playoffs

I voted 1 or 2 Playoff Wins

While I understand that any Patriots team led by Bill Belichick and Tom Brady will likely have Super Bowl expectations, I want to know what you personally think of this year's team. Do you honestly believe the team will make another run at the Lombardi trophy? Or are you expecting another one and done in the playoffs?
Before I give my expectations for this year's team, I'll advise you that I am an absolute homer. I always think the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl, whether or not the team realistically can.
Regardless, I do expect this team to be better than last year's, regardless of what the prognosticators are saying. Tom Brady is two years removed from his knee injury, the team won the division despite the roster and leadership turnover in 2009, and all of the young players that they drafted in recent years are a year older. In my mind, there's no way, despite the flashy moves the Jets made this offseason, that the Patriots take a step back in 2010. I believe that the team can only move forwards.
star-divide.v5547.jpg

That being said, I do believe this team has its issues. Of course, there is the pass rush situation. Will rookie Jermaine Cunningham be ready for a major role in 2010? Can Derrick Burgess develop into more of a traditional 3-4 outside linebacker, and can he continue to improve like he did at the tail end of the 2009 season? Will Tully Banta-Cain have another great season?
Then there's the leadership issue. Will young players step up and take the leadership void left by players such as Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison? Players like Jerod Mayo and Patrick Chung will be key in this area.
I could go on and on with the "issues" this team has. The Tom Brady contract situation, the Logan Mankins contract situation... Every team has its issues.
So now we go to the original question. What are my expectations for this team?
Realistically, this team has a very difficult schedule. So from a record stand point, I think this team could have anywhere from ten to twelve wins. And yes, I certainly believe the Patriots will be in the playoffs. And this time around, I think the team will win at least one playoff game. The general feeling about this quad was very optimistic during the mini-camp season, and I think that optimism will carry over into training camp, the regular season, and eventually the post-season.
While I apologize for being so general in my predictions, I will be releasing much more specific predictions next week, as I am working on a giant post that will contain all of my NFL predictions.
http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/7/7/1556661/what-are-your-expectations-for-the

my eCSPEcting is THem to be WOREST!!!!1

BURN!!!!:thwak:thi is to show me striking you with logic inassailable!!! I am WINNIGN!!!!

That is a lucid and logical argument you have made, sir. For a 2 year old. Welcome back, MarsRover!

Hoyer completes 68 percent of his passes, throws for 4183 yards, 32 touchdowns, leads the Greatriots to a 14-2 record and number one seed, eventually dusting the Ravens, Jets, and Vikings on the way to the championship.

Hoyer goes 29-36 for 378 yards and 4 touchdowns in the SB. Bundchen pouts as he's sent to the Raiders in 2011.

Greg Knopping of PatsPulpit asks the question and sort of gives his answer.
Currently the vote is:
40% SB Win
9 % SB Loss
40% 1 or 2 Playoff Wins
6 % 1 and done
4 % Miss the Playoffs

I voted 1 or 2 Playoff Wins

http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/7/7/1556661/what-are-your-expectations-for-the

Still Early but...
Playoff team..
I'de probably go 1-2 Playoff wins but they do have a legitimate
shot at the SB depending on Injuries,Welker coming back and how much the new guy's 1st and 2nd year players contribute.

I think the D will/should make a big jump this year,
Special teams should be solid(Can't stress this enough,I fully expect alot more short feilds for the offense and long feilds for the other team),
and If the backs could stay healthy,and with the new TE's It could make up for any loss from Welker(If there is any).

I don't expect a 2007 juggernaut but do expect a much more well rounded team.
If they Gel in December, sky's the limit !

my eCSPEcting is THem to be WOREST!!!!1

BURN!!!!:thwak:thi is to show me striking you with logic inassailable!!! I am WINNIGN!!!!

Welcome my good man. umm I think anyway.
You see we do find it totally logical for you to have this belief, in fact it would be very illogical for you to think any thing else.
However it is also logical for non of us to agree with you .
So I say the Patriots win 13 games drop 3 win the AFC east and at least get to the AFC championship game.

Hoyer completes 68 percent of his passes, throws for 4183 yards, 32 touchdowns, leads the Greatriots to a 14-2 record and number one seed, eventually dusting the Ravens, Jets, and Vikings on the way to the championship.

Hoyer goes 29-36 for 378 yards and 4 touchdowns in the SB. Bundchen pouts as he's sent to the Raiders in 2011.

Weaksmack guy made a more intelligent post.

Originally Posted by LeonPowe

Weaksmack guy made a more intelligent post.
And this comes as a surprise to you?

My expectations:

- IF we fix the red zone execution, distribute the ball more effectively and less predictably, are stronger up the middle of our defense, and resolve some of our defensive communication issues (all of which we have the personnel in place to do) then we match up with anyone. I'm guessing 12-4 or better and the SB is a very realistic possibility.

- If we don't address those things, then 10-6 and one-and-done is about the best we can hope for.

Lot of work to get done in the next 2 months. Hard to tell which of those is more likely at the moment, so I'll continue to be optimistic.

Realistically, with an improved defense and with Brady another year removed from surgery, 12-4 with an appearance in the AFC Championship Game. Not prepared to predict that game at present.

My expectation has been the same since John Hannah wore the uniform, win it all. Of course, they didn't live up to my often unrealistic expectations often.

I think that they will look average to start the season, then get more comfortable as a team and hit their stride aroung week 9 or 10. Make a big run into the playoffs and at least win 2 playoff games. Anything after that is gravy.

I don't know about a Superbowl victory, but I'm optomistic.

This defense has the potential to be leaps and bounds better, I just hope we can bring some additional pressure from some of the more experienced guys. I have high hopes that our D can bring us another championship.

That is a lucid and logical argument you have made, sir. For a 2 year old. Welcome back, MarsRover!
Oh no, MarsRover lacks the imaginative self deprecating sarcasm of WSG, WSG is fun to have around, one of the better quasi-trolls, MarsRover is pointless and banal.

Pats will be competitive. Playoff team for sure.

Dude, stay off the crack. Everyone knows that Julian "Secret Weapon" Edelman will QB the Pats to victory this year out of the "Wild E. Coyote" offense. I'll even go on record now by saying he will win the SB over the Saints by lining up under center, faking the end-around to himself and throwing a high-arching spiral that he, himself, catches one-handed for the game clincher. :thumb:

Dude, stay off the crack. Everyone knows that Julian "Secret Weapon" Edelman will QB the Pats to victory this year out of the "Wild E. Coyote" offense. I'll even go on record now by saying he will win the SB over the Saints by lining up under center, faking the end-around to himself and throwing a high-arching spiral that he, himself, catches one-handed for the game clincher. :thumb:

Almost, you see he will throw it down field to Tate who will pitch it back to Edelman in an old hook and ladder style play.

Back