What Food/Drink/Whatnot Do You Like That Most People Hate?

Meatloaf.
Eggnog.
Have to think of more...but, plenty more though.

I think a lot of people like eggnog.

Also meatloaf.

Now Brussel Sprouts - there's a food most people hate.

Fresh sprouts sauted in olive oil with a little garlic and salt - they can be pretty tasty.

I can't be sure of what others hate so not sure any answer qualifies LOL

But I do love asparagus and have eaten a whole lot of it in a sitting.

so far I like everything mentioned... booo

eggnog is the least favorite of the mentioned, I prefer it be made with eggbeaters. something about raw eggs, the rocky movie and getting sick after drinking them.

love meatloaf.
I make eggplant parm and use eggplant in place of noodles in lasagna
Asparagus is great until you pee
and Brussels sprouts, or shitballs as I call them, are great.

Uni (raw sea Urchin Gonads (they'll tell you it's roe, but not really) with a raw quail's egg.

Spam

Love it. When I was in the Navy on the ship they served it for breakfast every morning.

My wife hates it. She can't stand the smell of it when I fry it.

She still buys it for me when she food shops.

There's a lot of them for me....but I will list a few...

Spaghetti-O's with meatballs. I always feel sick afterward, but I crave it from time to time...not sure why.

Brussel Sprouts

Chicken Livers

Chicken Hearts

Sardines in Hot Sauce

Every few years I try Spam and Steak Ums again...and every few years they still suck. I wish I could like that stuff, I just can't. Yuck.

You can't be my friend if you hate meatloaf.

Also Baron, chicken livers aren't food, they're bait.

In Pennsylvania they have a concoction called scrapple which is pork scraps, cornmeal and flour. My dad grew up there and he loved that shit. His brother would send it to him and anytime we went down there dad would stock up.

It is the most categorically disgusting food ever. But some like it. I'd leave the kitchen to get away from the smell.

Scrapple is also a New Jersey thing, though I've never had it.

As far as meatloaf.....I like my meatloaf, but very very few times do I care for other folks' meatloaf, or restaraunts.

My meatloaf is an Amish recipe, with molasses and bacon. I've never seen nor heard of it anywhere else.

EDIT: I should add that I like Carolina BBQ....it's something that is an acquired taste. It is basically pork cooked with apple cider vinegar and mustard. I much prefer it to BBQ sauce slathered meats that we call BBQ in the north....but whenever I make it, my New England brothers and sisters hate it.

It is one of hte many delights I miss from living down south...BBQ, sweet potato souffle, buttermilk biscuits with every meal....real corn dogs...oh my....real corn dogs are just fantastic! I hate whatever passes for corn dogs up here.

In Pennsylvania they have a concoction called scrapple which is pork scraps, cornmeal and flour. My dad grew up there and he loved that shit. His brother would send it to him and anytime we went down there dad would stock up.

It is the most categorically disgusting food ever. But some like it. I'd leave the kitchen to get away from the smell.

THIS ^^^

I was in DC area and tried it with breakfast.... disgusting!

EDIT: I should add that I like Carolina BBQ....it's something that is an acquired taste. It is basically pork cooked with apple cider vinegar and mustard. I much prefer it to BBQ sauce slathered meats that we call BBQ in the north....but whenever I make it, my New England brothers and sisters hate it.
The only reason to dunk BBQ into a vat of BBQ "sauce" is because you didn't cook it right in the first place.

Dry rubs ftw.

The only reason to dunk BBQ into a vat of BBQ "sauce" is because you didn't cook it right in the first place.

Dry rubs ftw.

I agree, I do dry rubs exclusively except for steak tips. But, when it comes to pulled pork, it's Carolina BBQ.

SI should add that I like Carolina BBQ....it's something that is an acquired taste. It is basically pork cooked with apple cider vinegar and mustard. I much prefer it to BBQ sauce slathered meats that we call BBQ in the north....but whenever I make it, my New England brothers and sisters hate it.

As a transplanted northeasterner who has lived in the south I can relate to this. When we had family from the NE come down to visit and taken them out to BBQ joints, they just picked at their plates. Freeking cretins. Its weird because my wife has family from Wisconsin and when they come down, the first thing we have to do is get them to the nearest BBQ spot. I swear sometimes I think they come down just for the BBQ.

Also, it isnt exactly "everyone" but I am the only person in my house that will eat black olives. My marriage almost ended one night a few years back when i ordered an "everything" pizza from a local joint and forgot to tell them to leave off the olives. And of course they are a place that dices up their olives, and then smother it with cheese. My wife was so pissed and it took her FOREVER to pick the olives out of the pizza, all the time just staring daggers at me, while i stuffed my face. Good times.

Scrapple, chicken gizzards, creton (sp?) Spam, sardines, red snappers (Maine hot dogs), lobster tamale (liver).

I like brussel sprouts too but can only eat so many of them. They are fantastic wrapped in bacon and broiled in the oven.

I love liverwurst, but plenty people I know can't stand it.

As far as drink is concerned, easy, this stuff.

jar2.jpg

Nothing better for me in the morning than a giant pile of grits slathered with butter - or mixed with grated cheddar. Most Southerners love grits. Others, not so much.

:)

Back