What is something many people enjoy that you'll never understand? (Meatloaf Thread)

Why not? It's not really reflective of his acting acumen as much as his bankability. It's like Letterman making what he made - his show generated ratings and his pay reflected that.

Whether Parsons is a great actor or not, he's the 'lead' on one of the highest-rated shows on TV so I think it's pretty understandable that he's making bank. Like music, people are paid based on their ability to sustain 'sales' rather than their talent.

IMO.

You're right of course. The pay IS a product of ratings, obviously, so maybe my point is just a reiteration of the question as to why do people like the show. I can't conceive of the show (and his part in it) being supportive of the kind of money that he gets (a million per and 1% on the backside). :shrug:

Cheers

You're right of course. The pay IS a product of ratings, obviously, so maybe my point is just a reiteration of the question as to why do people like the show. I can't conceive of the show (and his part in it) being supportive of the kind of money that he gets (a million per and 1% on the backside). :shrug:

Cheers

What you find funny I may not understand, you clearly don't understand why I find the show funny and so it goes. There's plenty of "comedy" on TV that I am baffled by. There are stand up comedians I love (or have loved, RIP Jon Pinette) while others will be "meh...". There are comedians that I can't listen to, especially those who insist on using vulgarities or shock humor, but others clearly find them funny.

Viva La Difference

:dith:

What you find funny I may not understand, you clearly don't understand why I find the show funny and so it goes. There's plenty of "comedy" on TV that I am baffled by. There are stand up comedians I love (or have loved, RIP Jon Pinette) while others will be "meh...". There are comedians that I can't listen to, especially those who insist on using vulgarities or shock humor, but others clearly find them funny.

Viva La Difference

:dith:

Viva la difference, indeed (that is after all, the point of the thread. :) ). I do find the show funny at times, mildly amusing mostly. Just, as they say, NOT all that.

And ratings or not, i just can't get my mind around Parsons making 30 million/per.

Cheers, :toast:

I'm ex military and I enjoy camping in a tent, however after about 3 days of laying on the ground being eaten alive by brown recluse spiders and black widows and cockroaches I really miss the hotel room.

Man, I have camped a lot all over the country- where did this happen?

The Anchorman movies.......I love comedy.....I love to laugh.......I watched Anchorman expecting to like it......WORST MOVIE EVER.....dry,obnoxious,boring,dry,unlikable,pretentious,.....did I say DRY? It made the driest Britbong humor seem like the Three Stooges. Will Farrell is a one trick pony and it is not a particularly good trick either. He needs to go away.

The Anchorman movies.......I love comedy.....I love to laugh.......I watched Anchorman expecting to like it......WORST MOVIE EVER.....dry,obnoxious,boring,dry,unlikable,pretentious,.....did I say DRY? It made the driest Britbong humor seem like the Three Stooges. Will Farrell is a one trick pony and it is not a particularly good trick either. He needs to go away.

He won't...and for the most part, he is very ovah rated. Almost as ovah rated as Adam Sandler is.

Leonardo DiCrappio is among the most ovah rated too. He does ok in some of his films, but, I don't get the hype.

He won't...and for the most part, he is very ovah rated. Almost as ovah rated as Adam Sandler is. Leonardo DiCrappio is among the most ovah rated too. He does ok in some of his films, but, I don't get the hype.
Out of curiosity, which DiCapprio movies are bad?
I'm not a huge fan, but he's had some phenomenal films.

Out of curiosity, which DiCapprio movies are bad?
I'm not a huge fan, but he's had some phenomenal films.

I haven't seen all of them. I just don't get the hype...it doesn't mean that he is a bad actor though.

Johnny Depp is in some pretty good movies, but, he is also very overrated.

Ashton Kutcher on the other hand...he is just a hack.

I haven't seen all of them. I just don't get the hype...it doesn't mean that he is a bad actor though.

What's eating Gilbret Grape:coffee:

~Dee~

So who's left? :shrug:

What's eating Gilbret Grape:coffee:

~Dee~

The movie well it definitely been more entertaining if DiCaprio and Depp where rubbing Crisco all over thier mother.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Man, I have camped a lot all over the country- where did this happen?

I might have overly exaggerated.

Man boobs. I don't get it personally why I get so many laughs posting that disgusting picture, but I'm not one to judge. So I'll just keep posting them and I'll still get the rep.:coffee:

He won't...and for the most part, he is very ovah rated. Almost as ovah rated as Adam Sandler is. Leonardo DiCrappio is among the most ovah rated too. He does ok in some of his films, but, I don't get the hype.

So you don't think these were good performances?

Shutter Island, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, J. Edgar, The Aviator, Inception

I think he was very very good in all of those.

Back