What is something many people enjoy that you'll never understand? (Meatloaf Thread)

Still getting massive ratings. I heard people complain it started out with 4 single guys. They ruined it by having them.all in relationships.
I thought two would end up as life long room mates... see what I know

80's Dee??? Disco was all the rage in the late 70's, when I was in High School. F'n hated it!!!
Didn't they burn the albums in Detroit?

Roseanne... :coffee:

:coffee:

Reporter%2BKnocked%2Bout%2Bby%2BHuge%2BLog%2BAnimated%2BGif.gif

Originally Posted by king of kings:
Still getting massive ratings. I heard people complain it started out with 4 single guys. They ruined it by having them.all in relationships.

I thought two would end up as life long room mates... see what I know

Oh, even though they are in relationships with teh wimenfolk, they are still roommates. :coffee:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of kings:

Huh did you type a post or just double quoted me & mikemo.

That show "The Big Bang Theory...WTF? !?! Talk about shark jumping. Stick a fork in it.

And I certainly don't understand Parsons being like the highest paid TV person on the planet.

Cheers, BostonTim

And I certainly don't understand Parsons being like the highest paid TV person on the planet.

Cheers, BostonTim

Why not? It's not really reflective of his acting acumen as much as his bankability. It's like Letterman making what he made - his show generated ratings and his pay reflected that.

Whether Parsons is a great actor or not, he's the 'lead' on one of the highest-rated shows on TV so I think it's pretty understandable that he's making bank. Like music, people are paid based on their ability to sustain 'sales' rather than their talent.

IMO.

Why not? It's not really reflective of his acting acumen as much as his bankability. It's like Letterman making what he made - his show generated ratings and his pay reflected that.

Whether Parsons is a great actor or not, he's the 'lead' on one of the highest-rated shows on TV so I think it's pretty understandable that he's making bank. Like music, people are paid based on their ability to sustain 'sales' rather than their talent.

IMO.

Kind of like the Kardashian who have no talent. But keep getting reality TV shows & endorsement deals. All thanks to kim sex tape .

That show "The Big Bang Theory...WTF? !?! Talk about shark jumping. Stick a fork in it.

I couldn't disagree more. It's funnier than ever. It's the one show that makes me laugh week in and week out.

But to each his own :shrug:

I couldn't disagree more. It's funnier than ever. It's the one show that makes me laugh week in and week out.

But to each his own :shrug:

I thought the show started out well, slumped for a bit in the middle when it became a bit stale (going through the motions) and has picked up again in the current season.

It's not the best show ever but it's OK for some mindless viewing once a week. I won't be sad when it's gone but it's also decent enough to keep me watching right now.

Kind of like the Kardashian who have no talent. But keep getting reality TV shows & endorsement deals. All thanks to kim sex tape .

Parsons is nothing like the Kardashians. He's a legitimate actor who has Broadway experience along with his TV fame.

For as much as the cast gets paid, the show is a ratings juggernaut and the network and producers make that money back several times over.

Parsons is nothing like the Kardashians. He's a legitimate actor who has Broadway experience along with his TV fame. For as much as the cast gets paid, the show is a ratings juggernaut and the network and producers make that money back several times over.
Sorry I was talking about ability to sustain sales . Rather them talent . Which none of them have

Sorry I was talking about ability to sustain sales . Rather them talent . Which none of them have

Parsons was OK in the other things I've seen him in. I don't think he has fantastic range but he's played his roles pretty well IMO. Definitely no worse than your average TV actor.

Years from now, historians will look at the fame of the Kardashians and mark it as the downfall of modern civilization.

Years from now, historians will look at the fame of the Kardashians and mark it as the downfall of modern civilization.
They are the biggest media whores on the planet. Kayne might be the only person . That has bigger Ego Then trump

I had meatloaf for dinner last night and brought leftovers to work today. Can't wait to eat it.

I had meatloaf for dinner last night and brought leftovers to work today. Can't wait to eat it.

Earlier in the week I was going to make usual turkey meatloaf but was starving and didn't feel like waiting the 60 minutes for it to cook in meatloaf pan.

So I used the same recipe but made meatballs out of it instead. Cooked faster obviously as balls on a sheet in oven, tasted exactly the same and ate with some pasta. Was delicious!

It's funny?
Remove the laugh track, and it's not remotely amusing.
You're right, to each his own, but that show...

That's true of most network comedies though, including many of the older 'celebrated' ones.

Give me The Office and Archer all day, every day.

Brooklyn 99 and Master of None are also pretty damn good.

Back