What movie did you walk out on?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
For me, it was Chariots of Fire. I know it was critically acclaimed, but I was bored to tears. I walked into the adjacent theater and saw Raiders of the Lost Ark for a second time instead.

But as a bonus for today, I now have Vangellis stuck in my head.

I haven't walked out of any simply because I am normally not alone when I go. To date when I have gone alone I have enjoyed the movie. The one that I have falled asleep on was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I woke up as it was wrapping up and I was fine with that. Bored me, could not keep my eyes open. That one I would have walked out on for sure.

I've never walked out on a movie. For me, the worst indication is if I fall asleep during it. The first one that comes to mind is Mystery Science Theater The Movie. I loved that tv show and was so excited when they did a movie. It definitely didn't live up to my expectations and I zonked out about 45 minutes in.

2001 A Space Odyssey
The Blair Witch Project

My wife walked out on
Pulp Fiction
A Clockwork Orange
and several more.

Yes, I went with her.

We haven't been to a movie at a theater in at least 7 years.

I haven't walked out of any simply because I am normally not alone when I go. To date when I have gone alone I have enjoyed the movie. The one that I have falled asleep on was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I woke up as it was wrapping up and I was fine with that. Bored me, could not keep my eyes open. That one I would have walked out on for sure.

British humor too subtle sometimes.
I love that movie but the rest of my fam are like 'nope!'

British humor too subtle sometimes.
I love that movie but the rest of my fam are like 'nope!'
The husband and son loved it and were shocked, offended and more that I fell asleep.

I like British humor, granted I don't always get it. But this movie, no. I just can't. LOL

On our first date in '71, Lori walked out on "A Clockwork Orange" while insisting I finish it while she sat waiting in the Lobby.
I've fallen asleep but don't recall ever walking out.

PS: Maybe my first vivid lose lose situation. I'm an ass for letting her leave alone or I'm an ass for guilting her because I made her guilt herself for causinng me to not see a stupid movie.

Last edited:
The husband and son loved it and were shocked, offended and more that I fell asleep.

I like British humor, granted I don't always get it. But this movie, no. I just can't. LOL
Have you read the book?

It is far superior to the movie (as most books are) and I think you might really enjoy the way in which Adams can manipulate the English language.

Pearl Harbor. It takes a ton for me to walk out of a movie with Kate Beckinsale in it, but that's how bad that movie is.

Have you read the book?

It is far superior to the movie (as most books are) and I think you might really enjoy the way in which Adams can manipulate the English language.
Yes, and I almost wrote this in my post. That the book is by far better as it tends to be.

Though the book Nine Perfect Stranger mini series on Hulu is WAY better than the book.

Long time ago but Sophie’s Choice. Soooooo boring.

I guess it might be a slight off topic response. I didn't walk out of Monty Python's "The meaning of life".

I attended with my brother, and in the scene where Mr Creosote was vomiting everywhere, a LOT of people got up and left. This made us laugh even harder, and when the movie ended, the restroom doors were propped open and there was vomit everywhere on the floors, which we also found hilarious. We still talk about that all these years later.

Back