What movie did you walk out on?

I walked out on "Last Summer" in 1969. I don't remember why. I think it's probably a good movie. What can I say? I was 17 and probably didn't like the way it portrayed teenagers.
Nice to see you again!

Not at the movie theater but I have tried multiple times to watch both Tank Girl and The Toxic Avenger. I take pride in watching horrible movies (the squid and the whale, Miss Meadows and most recently Frances Ferguson). But those two movies I cannot finish

Not at the movie theater but I have tried multiple times to watch both Tank Girl and The Toxic Avenger. I take pride in watching horrible movies (the squid and the whale, Miss Meadows and most recently Frances Ferguson). But those two movies I cannot finish

the only thing that would make Tank Girl palatable is if Lori Petty got run over by the fucking thing

I forget the exact name but I think it was called Stooge Mania? it was a Three Stooges collection that was colorized or something. I loved the stooges on Channel 38 (UHF for us oldsters) but this was somehow totally unwatchable. my friends and I walked out
going way way back, I don't recall the movie but I was pretty young and we went to see some very odd movie I don't recall... but we walked out of that and into American Graffiti, which was a lot better. that had to be, like 1973 when that came out. Damn I'm old

on pulp fiction, funny thing with that movie, I had been dating a girl and it got to the stage where it was ok getting together but it wasn't going anywhere so I was less likely to "give in" for a chick flick. we went to the theater and she wanted the latest chick flick (probably Meg Ryan or something) and I was like, nah, lets see this (Pulp fiction). that was our last date :coffee:

The only one I did was Titanic and mostly because I was more interested in the weather going on outside. I didn't even want to go but I was a teenager and my mom made me.

I'll preface this by saying that I generally get along well with most gay folks I have known. I've worked with gays, I have several gay friends and I'm not kidding when I tell people that I could have made a perfectly respectable gay man if I was interested in dicks, etc., etc.

However, I walked out on Brokeback Mountain.

I watched it with my wife and my Sister-in-Law back when everybody was buzzing about it, and I hung in there right up until Heath Ledger hocked a loogie into his hand in order to lube himself up for some butt secks with Jake Gyllenhall in a tent. Or maybe it was the other way around, but that was it for me. I'm not proud to admit it, but it creeped me out, so I walked and the girls followed me out 5 minutes later. I was a little embarrassed, but I thought the movie was slow, boring and had zero redeeming aspects. Academy award nominations, my ass. They didn't like it, either. Everybody knew the movie was about two gay cowboys, but I wrongly assumed it would be more of a subtle, uplifting story, like "The Birdcage". Wrong. If I was planning on watching a film about graphic gay sex with the girls then I would have suggested "Hot Buttered Lifeguards" so at least we would all know what to expect.

I'll preface this by saying that I generally get along well with most gay folks I have known. I've worked with gays, I have several gay friends and I'm not kidding when I tell people that I could have made a perfectly respectable gay man if I was interested in dicks, etc., etc.

I watched it with my wife and my Sister-in-Law back when everybody was buzzing about it, and I hung in there right up until Heath Ledger hocked a loogie into his hand in order to lube himself up for some butt secks with Jake Gyllenhall in a tent. Or maybe it was the other way around, but that was it for me. I'm not proud to admit it, but it creeped me out, so I walked and the girls followed me out 5 minutes later. I was a little embarrassed, but I thought the movie was slow, boring and had zero redeeming aspects. Academy award nominations, my ass. They didn't like it, either. Everybody knew the movie was about two gay cowboys, but I wrongly assumed it would be more of a subtle, uplifting story, like "The Birdcage". Wrong. If I was planning on watching a film about graphic gay sex with the girls then I would have suggested "Hot Buttered Lifeguards" so at least we would all know what to expect.
good to know the movie sucked. i had mildly wanted to see it an it was offered on a free movie weekend on a pay channel. glad i bypassed.

I've never walked out of a cinema, but have switched off plenty of films. Donnie Darko comes to mind immediately. Totally agree about 2001 - really didn't get it. Also, I found The Lord of the Rings trilogy films too long by about 30 mins each.

I empathise, as I personally think British humour is terrible.

Oi, I believe you are to be taking the piss 🤔

I see your Rowan Atkinson and raise you your Ricky Gervais😚

on thread topic tho....I allmost "walked out on" stumbling apon the movie "Behind The Green Door" while online

thinking it was a Bob Villa PBS This Old House episode until the you :hump: know started happning all ovah the place

Last edited:
2001 A Space Odyssey
The Blair Witch Project

My wife walked out on
Pulp Fiction
A Clockwork Orange
and several more.

Yes, I went with her.

We haven't been to a movie at a theater in at least 7 years.
Does this have anything to do with your contributions to the hot girls thread? :D :D

On our first date in '71
How freaking old ARE you??? lol
In '71 I was 7

Loved pulp fiction. My favorite moment may just have been Travolta on pointe. :rofl:
When I saw Pulp Fiction the first time, I was baked! And totally engrossed in this movie that was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. It's easily my favorite movie (me and a billion other people's) and I think I've seen it probably about 30 times

I've never walked out on a movie but a couple I recall giving strong consideration to:
Second Sight (with John Larroquette and Bronson Pinchot)
Batman & Robin (Clooney and Schwarzenegger)

The most unwatchable movie I have encountered in recent memory was Avatar. I have tried to watch it twice and have not been able to get past the half-way mark. I will never understand all the fuss.
Avatar is basically Dances with Wolves in a Galaxy, Far, Far Away...

Last edited:
I've only walked out of one movie in my life (though there have been plenty that I shut off while watching at home).

The. Dark. F***ing. Tower.

The book series is dramatically flawed, but still an amazing concept with complex and fascinating characters (and character development) that could absolutely be made into a top-notch film series. I'd been waiting for so long for someone to turn it into a movie. I had cast the movie(s) in my head multiple times. I tried hard not to watch/learn anything about it before I went, but because it was named after the whole series rather than any of the individual books, I peeked at the IMDB ahead of time.
Who plays The Man In Black? Matthew McConaughey? Interesting choice, but I could see it. Alright.
Who would play Roland? I was thinking Mel Gibson, maybe Clive Owen or possibly Sean Bean. Idris Elba! Okay, great actor. But wait!...he's black! There's a whole major part of the plot and key character development where his race is a massively relevant. How would they handle that?
Jake is some kid I don't recognize. Pretty much what I expected, that's fine.
Who would play Eddie? Maybe Aaron Paul? No Eddie listed. Hmm. How the...?
What about Detta/Odetta/Susannah? A bunch of possibilities in my head...no Susannah? How is that even possible?
Well, maybe it's just the first book. That would probably be a blessing. No, too many characters from later books in the series.
Alright, I've waited for so long (and after waiting more than a decade - on a CRAZY cliffhanger, mind you - between books 3 & 4)...I should at least give it a chance.

I went to see it.

I actually had tears in my eyes when I walked out about an hour in, which was about 50 minutes too late. It wasn't just that they tried to crush 8 books (about 1.3MM words - compare to LOTR at less than half a million!) into a barely-90-minute-movie. The plot was totally unrecognizable as were, for the most part, the characters.

It was just. so. bad. Now I literally can't watch McConaughey or Elba anymore, because it makes me so angry and sad.
Point on! I didn't walk out because I streamed it, but I was a HUGE fan of the books and would love to read them again someday but the movie was a letdown. How do you compile an entire literary series into just one 2 hour movie?? You don't!

Oi, I believe you are to be taking the piss 🤔

I see your Rowan Atkinson and raise you your Ricky Gervais😚

on thread topic tho....I allmost "walked out on" stumbling apon the movie "Behind The Green Door" while online

thinking it was a Bob Villa PBS This Old House episode until the you :hump: know started happning all ovah the place
I love Mr. Bean.. I have always meant to watch him in other things but have never gotten around to it.

Man, I admit to being slightly homophobic, but only when it comes to the flamboyant uber-femme, flamer types. And that scene in the tent was hard to watch comfortably. Men kissing just grosses me the fuck out!
However, I thought the movie was fantastic. I related to Heath Ledger's character big time. Loner just never could find success, haunted by his emotions whose world was fractured over this relationship that should have never happened (that's so me if you knew my back story with my kid's mother and how I ended up in HELLinois) and how the memory of a once better time haunted him for the rest of his life.

It's an emotional movie and I really identify with emotional stories. A perfect example of another emotion-filled story that has a profound effect on me is Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler - which I think is his best performance ever and gets little fanfare

On Brokeback Mountain, I found a great deal of it uncomfortable but stuck with it and the principles involved are excellent, that's what I care about in most movies, music, etc as my nature as a deeper type of thinker asks of me.

I'm not recollecting any movie that I walked out on, but I was hesitant to watch Shindler's list for a long time as the subject has a tendency to hurt my soul, man's inhumanity to man, and its depiction in the movie is incredibly tragic.

I finally watched it in its entirety last year with my best friend and she couldn't make it 30 minutes due to the brutality and the hell the Germans reigned down on so many innocents. The black and white nature of the film and the images of the little girl in the full-color red-dressed little girl almost broke her for a while.

I watched it in its entirety and I can say without a doubt this is one of the most poignant and exceptionally well-created films ever made. The principles involved were stellar to the core and eminently life-serving which is where my philosophical interest lies.

Well done, Mr. Spielberg.

On Brokeback Mountain, I found a great deal of it uncomfortable but stuck with it and the principles involved are excellent, that's what I care about in most movies, music, etc as my nature as a deeper type of thinker asks of me.

I'm not recollecting any movie that I walked out on, but I was hesitant to watch Shindler's list for a long time as the subject has a tendency to hurt my soul, man's inhumanity to man, and its depiction in the movie is incredibly tragic.

I finally watched it in its entirety last year with my best friend and she couldn't make it 30 minutes due to the brutality and the hell the Germans reigned down on so many innocents. The black and white nature of the film and the images of the little girl in the full-color red-dressed little girl almost broke her for a while.

I watched it in its entirety and I can say without a doubt this is one of the most poignant and exceptionally well-created films ever made. The principles involved were stellar to the core and eminently life-serving which is where my philosophical interest lies.

Well done, Mr. Spielberg.
The nonchalent no reason shooting from the balcony freaked me out

Back