What NFC team is the most similar to each AFC team?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
If someone put a gun to your head and FORCED you to definitively match each AFC team to their NFC counterpart which teams would go together

If someone put a gun to your head and FORCED you to definitively match each AFC team to their NFC counterpart which teams would go together

what are the parameters? Are we talking onfield performance? Ownership?

Well, we can start off by saying there are 2 teams that are virtually unmatched-

the Pats and Cleveland.

Miami matches up real well with Dallas (overrated "elite" QBs, tons of preseason shit talk that ends up going nowhere, great back in the Jurassic era, clown ownership)

Pittsburgh and Green Bay seem to match up pretty well (future first ballot HOF QBs, score tons of points while employing a nearly identical Swiss cheese defensive scheme. Ancient franchises)

The Jets seem to match up well with the Redskins (idiot owners who seem to finally be subjugating their egos and allowing real football people to make decisions)

Cincinnati and Atlanta(?)...yeah, I'll go with this (upper tier QB play, completely fall apart in the playoffs despite being enormously talented)

Oakland and the Giants (well, with the exception of each of them being on seemingly different trajectories, I'd have to say that their overall history is pretty comparable)

Indy and <strike>LA</strike> <strike> St. Louis </strike> LA (both teams fvcked over their original fanbases...but the Rams fvcked TWO fanbases)

Baltimore and...hmmm...who is the whiniest, dumbest, cheatingist, low-level thug organization in the NFC? I already used Dallas, can I use them again?

Denver and Minnesota (despite the recent Donkey SB victory, both teams have made a history of coming up small in the biggest spots. Between the 2 of them they're 3-9 all time in Super Bowls...yeesh...)

Kansas City and Chicago (two long storied franchises with a list of HOFers as long as your arm who have had relatively little success from a championship standpoint)

Buffalo and Detroit (any expansion really necessary with this one? The locations alone are enough to make you want to kill yourself)

San Diego and New Orleans (Drew Brees played for both of them. See Pittsburgh/Green Bay above for the rest of the reasoning)

Houston and Arizona (both fold like a cheap suit in the playoffs. Could have also matched Cincinnati with them for this reason)

Jacksonville and Carolina (both came into the league in the same year)

TN and Tampa (they've both sucked for years and are more or less irrelevant)

That leaves San Francisco and Philadelphia (I know, they're both NFC teams but we've already established that both the Patriots and the Browns are unmatched...albeit on opposite ends of the spectrum. Besides, Chip Kelly killed the Eagles and I'm sure he'll drive the last couple nails in the 49ers' coffin before he's done there)

Did I miss anybody?

Did I miss anybody?
You must have, because you paired every team except for Baltimore, so you have an odd number of teams mentioned.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader, but will give a hint.

Think about the play that made Malcolm Butler famous.

Also, kudos for doing the exercise - I think a lot of your pairings are excellent. Good analysis.

I like the pairings too, that was entertaining. KC Chicago I ain't sure about, KC is tough at home Da bears not so much?

Good job

This is fun. But tough. Below are my thoughts.

Tennessee matches up with Tampa Bay-New QB's #1 and #2. Bot theams in rebuild

Jacksonville Matches with Chicago--Always seem tyo have a solid defense. Always having QB issues

Indy Matches with Atlanta-Good solid QB play. Fast team. Not the best defense. Play in a dome.

Houston Matches with LA Rams-Not sure why. Just came to me.

Baltimore Matches with Seattle-Good solid teams. Surrounded by tough defense. the QB play is a bit off.

Pitt Matches with Carolina- Tough defense. Big athletic QBs.

Cincy Matches with Arizona- Not sure if it's Palmer that makes this a match, but the QB's are similar with real good defenses.

Cleveland matches with Washington-They both almost always suck with constant QB issues.

New England matches with the Packers-Winning organizations with true franchise QB's

Miami matches with Atlanta-Decent QB's. Average teams at best. Mediocre defenses.

Jets Match with Dallas- Always the hype. Never much to show.

Bills match with Detroit-Both suck. Always good talent, but can't seem to do squat with it

Denver matches with the 49'rs- Winning teams. Typically above average offense. The epitamy of the West Coast offense. (im sure I'll hear about this)

KC matches with Minnesota- Great running game. QB's manage the game. Solid defense. Just not Always second best at best.

San Diego matches with New Orleans-Again, maybe because of the QB that wentfrom and to. Way above average QB play. Decent defense. Always looking for a better running game.

Oakland matches with Giants-This one not so much because the Giants win. But Carr and Manning are similar. This one is a bit of a stretch.

Well, we can start off by saying there are 2 teams that are virtually unmatched-

the Pats and Cleveland.

Miami matches up real well with Dallas (overrated "elite" QBs, tons of preseason shit talk that ends up going nowhere, great back in the Jurassic era, clown ownership)

Pittsburgh and Green Bay seem to match up pretty well (future first ballot HOF QBs, score tons of points while employing a nearly identical Swiss cheese defensive scheme. Ancient franchises)

The Jets seem to match up well with the Redskins (idiot owners who seem to finally be subjugating their egos and allowing real football people to make decisions)

Cincinnati and Atlanta(?)...yeah, I'll go with this (upper tier QB play, completely fall apart in the playoffs despite being enormously talented)

Oakland and the Giants (well, with the exception of each of them being on seemingly different trajectories, I'd have to say that their overall history is pretty comparable)

Indy and <strike>LA</strike> <strike> St. Louis </strike> LA (both teams fvcked over their original fanbases...but the Rams fvcked TWO fanbases)

Baltimore and...hmmm...who is the whiniest, dumbest, cheatingist, low-level thug organization in the NFC? I already used Dallas, can I use them again?

Denver and Minnesota (despite the recent Donkey SB victory, both teams have made a history of coming up small in the biggest spots. Between the 2 of them they're 3-9 all time in Super Bowls...yeesh...)

Kansas City and Chicago (two long storied franchises with a list of HOFers as long as your arm who have had relatively little success from a championship standpoint)

Buffalo and Detroit (any expansion really necessary with this one? The locations alone are enough to make you want to kill yourself)

San Diego and New Orleans (Drew Brees played for both of them. See Pittsburgh/Green Bay above for the rest of the reasoning)

Houston and Arizona (both fold like a cheap suit in the playoffs. Could have also matched Cincinnati with them for this reason)

That leaves San Francisco and Philadelphia (I know, they're both NFC teams but we've already established that both the Patriots and the Browns are unmatched...albeit on opposite ends of the spectrum. Besides, Chip Kelly killed the Eagles and I'm sure he'll drive the last couple nails in the 49ers' coffin before he's done there)

Did I miss anybody?
I think you missed Seattle.

the Pats and Cleveland.

Did I miss anybody?

I would have done Buff and the Vikings. Pats and Browns?

Jacksonville Matches with Chicago--Always seem tyo have a solid defense. Always having QB issues

theyre more like kc or oakland actually.
Jags arent even on the map worth talking about

Pitt Matches with Carolina- Tough defense. Big athletic QBs.

what pretend world do you live in?

Pitt and Green bay is more like it.

Carolina is a suck ass team who lost their one shot last year

^^^^^ agreed Broncos have won the 3 of 3 in the discussion.

I think Pats and Browns because no one compares to either. On both sides of the spectrum?

Exactly what I said.

...and I missed Seattle. I guess we could match them up with the ratbirds- PED cheats with ridiculously delusional fanbases. Seriously, if the Ratbirds score on their first possession of their first pre-season games their fans are convinced that they're going to the Super Bowl. Calling them clueless fvcktards is an insult to clueless fvcktards.

Exactly what I said.

...and I missed Seattle. I guess we could match them up with the ratbirds- PED cheats with ridiculously delusional fanbases. Seriously, if the Ratbirds score on their first possession of their first pre-season games their fans are convinced that they're going to the Super Bowl. Calling them clueless fvcktards is an insult to clueless fvcktards.

best one yet

the Pats and Cleveland.

Did I miss anybody?

Nice work O.Z.O., great fun +1

Cheers, BostonTim

what are rofl ing about?

I told you they were losing the SB last year and they did.
They arent getting back to any SB any time soon.

You dont comparing them to long term winning teams. They only mirror bad ones

Exactly what I said.

lol right?

Pats fans think winning is a right and not a privilege.
Thats as delusional as it gets.
Save all your memories because last year was the start of down hill and never seeing another trophy

lol right?

Pats fans think winning is a right and not a privilege.
Thats as delusional as it gets.
Save all your memories because last year was the start of down hill and never seeing another trophy

Says the person whose GM has literally ruined a champ team faster than anyone in NFL history ... soooo salty.

Says the person whose GM has literally ruined a champ team faster than anyone in NFL history ... soooo salty.

who are you talking about? what team?

who do I play for? I dont get paid to root for anyone.

says the guy?

yes, And I wont be wrong. The Patriots success is over as far as any SB is concerned.

what are rofl ing about?

I told you they were losing the SB last year and they did.
They arent getting back to any SB any time soon.

You dont comparing them to long term winning teams. They only mirror bad ones

You are such an egotistical douchebag. Nobody cares about your pontificating. Even cicadas fly once every 17 years, so you being right about anything has a snowball's chance in hell, but you're just a loser so what you have to say about, well, anything is is going to be looked at kind of like I look at the bottom of my shoe if I accidentally step in shit

Oh, I was rofl'ing at you.

Back