What video game consoles have you had in the past and do you have at this time

LOL! The current fight in my house! I've bought Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube, PS 1, PS2 twice and Xbox. Also, 2 each of GameBoys, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS and PSP. I'm done. Whatever the heck they want now they're on their own.

Well we had the Atari 2600, which is still in my dad's basement.

Then we had a Commodore 64, which apart from word processing was basically a game console for us. That too is still in my dad's basement, every so often he calls me and my brother up to see if he should get rid of it and every time we both tell him, "That thing is useless, take it to one of those 'computer drop-off days' or something" and he never does.

Then I had an NES and later the Super NES, both of which I still have along with all the games for. Probably silly to hang onto them (my brother used to have a Sega Genesis but sold it to a neighbor kid 10 years ago) but I had a lot of fun with those games. Actually when I was waiting for my PS2 to come last year I hooked up the ol' NES and played some "Operation Wolf" and "Double Dragon II", etc. Also every so often I get a bug up my butt and think about playing "Maximum Carnage" again to try and beat it once and for all. (I don't know why, but every Spider-Man game that's worth playing seems insanely challenging.)

Then of course I got a PS1, which is still hooked up downstairs mainly for when my wife's nephew is over. Otherwise I'm on my PS2 upstairs.

NES
Genesis
PS1
PS2
PS3 on the horizon.

I run a website dedicated to skill-based recordings of the Metal Gear Solid series of games.

Atari 2600
Calecovision (Zaxxon, Donkey Kong & Mousetrap were AWESOME!)
Nintendo NES
Nintendo 64
Playstation 1 (for which i have 2 games: Pacman and Activision Classics which just has about 20 old Atari games like Pitfall)

I don't understand how any adult dude can find the time to play video games nowadays. The level of commitment required is astonishing to me.

sega genesis
n64
ps1
ps2
and lookin to get ps 3 hopefully soon

Calecovision (Zaxxon, Donkey Kong & Mousetrap were AWESOME!)

A friend of mine had one of those when we were kids. It blew away the 2600 by a mile. The Caleco games actually LOOKED like the arcade games they were based on instead of the boxy graphics on the 2600 games, which looked like they were designed on an Etch-a-Sketch.

One other thing I should mention - one of the games we had for the 2600 was the notorious "E.T." game based on the movie that was so unpopular that 5 million cartridges wound up in a landfill because Atari couldn't give the bloody things away. (Here's a link if you want to read more about it.) Actually, I remember playing it and didn't think it was that bad, though I was only six or seven at the time.

I had a Nintendo that I won in a contest.

I also love the Civilization games, but I never played the original.

1. Pong with the 4 paddles
2. Nintendo
3. Colecovision
4. Nintendo Gameboy
5. Super Nintendo
6. Sega Genesis
7. Playstation
8. Xbox
9. Nintendo Gamecube
10. Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP
11. Nintendo Wii
12. Nintendo DS

Currently, I have Wii and Xbox hooked up in our living room. Gamecube has moved into my bedroom and I occasionally play Nascar on it.

My 3 year old really likes to play the Gameboy advance. I picked up a candyland/memory/chutes and ladders game for him. He also plays a spongebob game on it and he is shockingly good at it. I didn't think he would actually "get it", but he certainly does.

DS gets alot of use from my 7 year old, as does Wii.

I primarily "play with my Wii".......and occasionally I find time for video games too. :rimshot:

...but seriously...I play the Wii and the old Unreal (circa 1997) on my PC mostly. Occasionally I will play DS. I only fire up Xbox when I find a new game for 5 bucks.

I've had a bunch too....

Atari 2600
ColecoVision which was the BALLS when it came outm the controllers kinda sucked though
I had the adaptor for the Coleco that let it play all the 2600 games
Commodore 20,64,128
Sega 16 then that SEGA 32X with star wars and DOOM, which was pretty good
PS1
PS2
XBOX and now the mighty PS3 which is also a damn fine Blu Ray movie player,,,nothing like uncompressed DTS pumping through the Infinity system with the 300 watt RMS 12 inch sub...Oh yes!

Oh wow, going to be hard to remember.

Nintendo
Sega Genesis
SNES
PlayStation
XBOX
Computer I guess, but no gaming computers
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Nintendo 64
Gameboy
Wii
Xbox 360
PS3

Not to sure on my favorite game though, way to many.

Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
PlayStation
PS2

And I didn't have a Dream Cast, but I played it a lot at my friend's house. I'd love to get a PS3, but I'm broke.

Colecovision
Original Nintendo

and before all that some triangle shaped brown console that had Pong and some shooting game and a third game i cant remember on it.

I must be old.

Pong with 4 paddles. I think we taped the court to the tv screen.

Channel F

Vectrex

Coleco t.v tennis. motorized and battery operated.

Every Atari aver made.

Nintendo, Super Nintendo, 64, wii

Playstation, playstation II

I have no life..I suck.:rolleyes:

I had (and still have!) Atari 2600. I remember playing all day once and scored 1 million points. The score rolled back to 0 when you reached 100,000 so I had to do that 10 times. You could save up to 9 extra lives, so I would get it up to that and go to the bathroom or get a snack and come back and still have like 4 or 5 lives left. I have two patches for being in the high score "club." You had to send in a Poloroid (a what?) of your score to get the patch. They were Pitfall and Megomania. Later I also had the Commodore Vic 20. I remember if you wanted to "download" a game, you had to put the phone on the modem in the morning and leave it there until you got home from school and hope the line wasn't disconnected or you had to start all over. Now I do little gaming, but my favorite games are Risk and Chessmaster.

Intellivision
Nintendo
SNES
Nintendo 64
PS2

Also had numerous games for Apple Computer back in the '80s.

Back