What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Godless really cranked up. Enjoyed it a lot.

Started Fauda. It’s very good. Even grittier Homeland. Foreign production. Periods of subtitles only, and it’s dubbed so mouths are way off. But story and action is great. Israelis vs Hamas.

Started After Life with Ricky Gervais last night on Netflix. After a bit of a tough opening it really is wonderful and quite against the mainstream PC BS as one would imagine with Ricky in it.

Started After Life with Ricky Gervais last night on Netflix. After a bit of a tough opening it really is wonderful and quite against the mainstream PC BS as one would imagine with Ricky in it.

I'm also maybe eight episodes into that. Ricky is as adorable as ever.

Cheers

I recently said I was halfway thru Dexter for the second time and that I well might quit at that point (after the excellent Lithgow season). I didn't. I finished it. Now ready to join the many who have declared S8E12 to be the worst final episode in History.

So bad,

Cheers

I haven't watched Dexter in years, but I remember really liking the show, especially the Lithgow season. Then Dexter started referencing his "dark passenger" way too much...it was as if the writing staff was out of ideas.

The first seasons (IIRC), were very good, and then it fell off.

tenor.gif

I agree that Lithgow is great and an underrated actor. Dude can be a comedic alien, a serial killer family man, and he even did a stint on "HIMYM" as Barney's dad and knocked that role out of the park.

I forgot he was even in "Shrek". ROFL

I haven't watched Dexter in years, but I remember really liking the show, especially the Lithgow season. Then Dexter started referencing his "dark passenger" way too much...it was as if the writing staff was out of ideas.

The first seasons (IIRC), were very good, and then it fell off.

tenor.gif

I agree that Lithgow is great and an underrated actor. Dude can be a comedic alien, a serial killer family man, and he even did a stint on "HIMYM" as Barney's dad and knocked that role out of the park.

I forgot he was even in "Shrek". ROFL

When Lithgow stopped coming on it was the beginning of the end. To this day I still haven't seen the last season. That's how terrible the seventh season was to me.

Binged Vikings and loved it. I’m trying to binge The Tudors (same writer) now and I’m bored to tears by the first season. I’ll give it halfway through season two and bail out if nothing changes.

When Lithgow stopped coming on it was the beginning of the end. To this day I still haven't seen the last season. That's how terrible the seventh season was to me.

If this is one of the best TV series eva, you must hate most TV series...the ending was weird, but, interesting at least. You can only do serial killer shit so many different ways. :shrug_n:

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but, they should have just ended the series a few seasons instead. They did milk the thing fully out though...and then some.

Just started season 2 of The Umbrella Academy. Definitely weird but very entertaining.

If this is one of the best TV series eva, you must hate most TV series...the ending was weird, but, interesting at least. You can only do serial killer shit so many different ways. :shrug_n:

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but, they should have just ended the series a few seasons instead. They did milk the thing fully out though...and then some.

I don't recall saying I thought this was one of the best shows ever. First four seasons it was up there, but I think Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is far superior.

It should have definitely ended maybe season 5 or even 6 at most. Their writers got pilfered one by one and the replacement writers just didn't seem very original. The characters started to become boring and one-dimensional. The premise seemed more and more far fetched. They just milked it until they could no more.

Re-watching Breaking Bad

Almost done. Half-way thru s5. Still great. More on that later. Meanwhile, just saying that whenever Marie is on screen, I mute it until her mouth stops moving. :coffee:

Cheers

Finished season 2 of After Life last night. Just a beautiful show about life and coming to terms with it.

Difficult at times, so damn sweet at others.

It has even gotten me to think bit differently on a couple of things.

Brilliant in my honest opinion.

Somehow, I didn't know that Ricky Gervais had a great deal to do with the original "The Office".

I really didn't discover him until he so deservingly destroyed the Hollywood elite when he hosted the Golden Globes, I think.

Godless really cranked up. Enjoyed it a lot.

Started Fauda. It’s very good. Even grittier Homeland. Foreign production. Periods of subtitles only, and it’s dubbed so mouths are way off. But story and action is great. Israelis vs Hamas.

Glad you enjoyed Godless. It was difficult for me to say "stick with it" without saying why.

We're loving Fauda. It's spectacularly tense. One thing I like about it is that it bothers to show the good and bad on both sides, as things ramp up and decisions are made under pressure or in bad faith.

The subtitles can be a little confusing at times as dialogue switches rapidly between Arabic and Hebrew. They put brackets around one language to differentiate, but it requires concentration.

As with all dramas, there are some moments that stretch credibility. Overall, though, it's well-scripted and acted. The writers borrowed on their own experiences in the IDF and have also clearly bothered to consult Palestinians as well.

Glad you enjoyed Godless. It was difficult for me to say "stick with it" without saying why.

We're loving Fauda. It's spectacularly tense. One thing I like about it is that it bothers to show the good and bad on both sides, as things ramp up and decisions are made under pressure or in bad faith.

The subtitles can be a little confusing at times as dialogue switches rapidly between Arabic and Hebrew. They put brackets around one language to differentiate, but it requires concentration.

As with all dramas, there are some moments that stretch credibility. Overall, though, it's well-scripted and acted. The writers borrowed on their own experiences in the IDF and have also clearly bothered to consult Palestinians as well.

Just did the Season 2 finale last night. Excellent!

Season 3 will start tonite.

Just did the Season 2 finale last night. Excellent!

Season 3 will start tonite.

Cool. We're on Season 1 and are completely gripped.

We "binned" Designated Survivor in the end, as it went off the deep end and became unwatchable.

We seem to have the same Netflix algorithm BTW. I hadn't realised how much that happens until I looked at Mrs Cat's login.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Finished season 2 of After Life last night. Just a beautiful show about life and coming to terms with it.

Difficult at times, so damn sweet at others.

It has even gotten me to think bit differently on a couple of things.

Brilliant in my honest opinion.

Somehow, I didn't know that Ricky Gervais had a great deal to do with the original "The Office".

I really didn't discover him until he so deservingly destroyed the Hollywood elite when he hosted the Golden Globes, I think.

Gervais really makes the original Office. It's borderline unwatchable at times due to being so cringeworthy, but that's the point, of course. Everyone has worked with that kind of idiot (he says nervously).

Back