What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Just started binging Firefly, I have the DVD's.

I have to go back and check to see if anyone had Niska in the villain's thread, and add him if he's not there.

Edit: Never mind, I did.

Just finished the 1st season Severance(ATV+), a scifi/drama/mystery, and was not expecting it to be so good. I wanted to just check it out but couldn't stop watching and finished all 9 episodes in 2 days. The whole cast is very good, but Adam Scott and the underrated John Turturro were exceptional. The cinematography is also excellent. And even if you're not a scifi fan I'd still recommend it.

Kavanagh QC, A beautifully written legal series with John thaw which ran (six seasons) contemporaneously with the last half of the Morse series. Some amazing and often painful situations in his cases and endlessly entertaining noise from his chamber's contemporaries.

Loved it. I recommend it most highly.

Cheers

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
Nice, Paramount finally got it right with this one, Discovery and Picard are kind of awful. More of a traditional anthology based Star Trek though a little more on the darker side, and all the characters are likeable IMO.

Started binging The Terminal List, should finish it up tomorrow night. UT, how did you like Stranger Things, i've been thinking about watching it.

I just finished Barry (about a hitman who stumbles upon a an acting class that is taught by the Fonz) season 3 and strongly recommend it. The first 2 seasons leaned a bit more towards humor, but had a dark undertone. Season 3 embraced the dark side while still having many funny scenes. Highly Recommended.

Started binging The Terminal List, should finish it up tomorrow night. UT, how did you like Stranger Things, i've been thinking about watching it.

It’s fantastic, and has such a great 80’s sci-fi/horror feel to it.
It’s pretty outstanding despite it being such a “mainstream” show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice, Paramount finally got it right with this one, Discovery and Picard are kind of awful. More of a traditional anthology based Star Trek though a little more on the darker side, and all the characters are likeable IMO.

I actually like all of them. Love Picard. Discovery less so. Though I couldn't watch that animated one, it was obnoxious. But I tend to be less critical that most Trekkies.

I just miss having longer seasons. 10 episodes of anything per season isn't enough. I blame Game of Thrones for that.

It's great. I thought season 2 was a bit down, but it picks up again. One more season for that show.

Last edited:
I actually like all of them. Love Picard. Discovery less so. Though I couldn't watch that animated one, it was obnoxious. But I tend to be less critical that most Trekkies.

I just miss having longer seasons. 10 episodes of anything per season isn't enough. I blame Game of Thrones for that.

It's great. I thought season 2 was a bit down, but it picks up again. One more season for that show.

I agree. Picard I find to be excellent.

If you're looking for a 30-minute show, What We Do in the Shadows is entering its 4th season and is absolutely hysterical.

If you're looking for a 30-minute show, What We Do in the Shadows is entering its 4th season and is absolutely hysterical.
I was just coming here to say the same thing. I've been pushing this show since Season 1 but this season has been absolute gold.

I've mentioned that I loved "Letterkenny" -- a show about a bunch of friends from a small, farming area of Canada and I found it extremely funny. Amazing dialogue,
quirky characters, great-looking females and comical situations throughout. I genuinely loved it. More laugh-out-loud moments than anything else I can think of.

Now there is a spin-off called "Shoresy" featuring the genius writer of the series (both, I believe), Jared Keeso, as an infamous, low-level Senior League hockey player in Sudbury, Ontario who decides his team will never lose another game. I didn't want to love it, because I missed the original cast, but it is really, really funny. These shows have the unique characteristic of being really crude and raunchy and yet heartwarming at the same time. Something like Farrelly Brothers comedies, but with a definite Canadian flavor.

Shoresy (Hulu) is getting a lot of buzz right now. I hear people talking about it all over the place. Check it out.

It’s fantastic, and has such a great 80’s sci-fi/horror feel to it.
It’s pretty outstanding despite it being such a “mainstream” show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I may have to watch that show by myself, the wife isn't a big horror movie fan. I saw a small part of the ending of season 4 where Eddie plays Master of Puppets to get the demobat's attention, it's been all over FB and YT the last couple of weeks. I'm going to add this one to the list of must watch shows.

Just started watching Jack Ryan last night and after 1 episode I'm already hooked.

I may have to watch that show by myself, the wife isn't a big horror movie fan. I saw a small part of the ending of season 4 where Eddie plays Master of Puppets to get the demobat's attention, it's been all over FB and YT the last couple of weeks. I'm going to add this one to the list of must watch shows.

Just started watching Jack Ryan last night and after 1 episode I'm already hooked.

Jack Ryan is pretty outstanding .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mrs. JK & I are big Yellowstone fans so we started watching 1883. Four episodes in and I’m liking it but not loving it. Everybody who‘s seen it tells us it gets much better.

Back