What's for dinner?

Besides love and joy, Christmas also brings a ham-bone!

Plain and simple pea soup: Celery, carrots, onions, garlic, bay leaf, split peas, hambone, homemade chicken broth, ham added at the end, apart from a good a bit of chop-chop, couldn't be easier and what you get is a Holiday Classic!

Love it,

Cheers,

Happy new Year

I seem to have no say, but it looks good and the visiter book for the condo mentions it positively. Takes me 8 minutes "get ready" tops.

The Aloyouis' men with hair add another 7. The wife and daughter? Ugh. I am hungry.

It is a pizza shop!

The Wellington final product
iu

Christmas, having our Christmas with my wife’s family today. This is what happens when you have to schedule it around working, others going places near Christmas, etc.

Making paella and sangria tonight.

It's my first paella. I've done risotto many a time, and have prepared sartù di riso three or four times.

1676945678762.jpeg

I made the sangria before I started cooking, so the paella recipe might not have been followed with 100% precision. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't know for sure because I have been working in my office since I came home from the gym at 1:30. If I had to guess I would say I smell her chili coming from the kitchen. I haven't been in there since it was coffee time this morning.

I hope I am right.

I don't know for sure because I have been working in my office since I came home from the gym at 1:30. If I had to guess I would say I smell her chili coming from the kitchen. I haven't been in there since it was coffee time this morning.

I hope I am right.

I was right. :)

It was Fat Tuesday last night so I had a cup of gumbo that a friend made for us. Then I fried up some beignets to surprise my wife and we crushed probably more hurricanes than we should have on a Tuesday night but fuck it. :ROFLMAO:

Simplicity itself: Senate Navy Bean Soup (another cold night with snow on the way) 1 Lb navy beans (not pre-soaked), smoked ham hock, Medium onion diced, T butter, S & P to taste.

Sort and rinse beans , toss in stockpot w/ hock, 2 qts water, simmer 3 hours or so til beans are very very soft. remove hock to cool and remove ham. Cook onion in butter until soft, return ham to pot w onion, s & p to taste, reheat to boil serve. Variations abound. Lots of possible adds like carrots celery potatoe, parsley, bay leaf, but just love it simple.

Simplicity itself: Senate Navy Bean Soup (another cold night with snow on the way) 1 Lb navy beans (not pre-soaked), smoked ham hock, Medium onion diced, T butter, S & P to taste.

Sort and rinse beans , toss in stockpot w/ hock, 2 qts water, simmer 3 hours or so til beans are very very soft. remove hock to cool and remove ham. Cook onion in butter until soft, return ham to pot w onion, reheat to boil serve. Variations abound. Lots of possible adds like carrots celery potatoe, parsley, bay leaf, but just love it simple.
The ham hock is key.

Back