Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Polian

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • SB

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
The offense is my issue. Wasted picks for Ugoh, the 3 center draft, Brown, and Gonzalez. The running game consistently last every year is pathetic.
Yeah. Wish I could argue with you here
On defense, the Colts have had better luck with their picks lately. We missed on Hughes(so far), but guys like Angerer, Mioala, Nevis, and Powers have been good picks. Over those 12 years, Freeney/Jackson/Hughes are the only 1st round picks for defense. That's a flaw.
I had never thought about that, but you're right. My issue is not so much with the players, but with the defensive system. It's like the prevent. We give up way too much. I'd rather see them try to stop someone instead of just slow them down hoping they make a mistake you can capitalize on.

I was talking about this with a coworker the other day, but can you remember the last time the other team had a last minute FG drive to make that you weren't absolutely sure they were going to get.

What I meant is rookies are cheap relative to FA's like Corey Simon. Manning of course is worth it, but that contributes to why we aren't as deep and can't afford to miss on draft picks.
The Patriots have managed. :shrug:

Polian has too much say, for instance resting starters or what backup QB to play. I think he's a decent coach though, but the Colts may be better with someone with more clout.
Agree on Polian. Disagree on Caldwell. I don't think he's good at all.
He was offered a contract before Dungy left because other teams were interested in him. I think another team would hire him if he were fired. He seems to maintain discipline and control over a locker room. Might be a good fit for Cinci.
That doesn't mean anything. I see that as a teams wanting to capitalize on a coach who has been in a winning system. See all the assistant coaches the patriots have lost and who have gone on to do nothing after leaving.

If I were a team looking for a HC, I would look long & hard at Mike Zimmer, Cincy's DC. Not sure there's a retread out there I would want.

It could be tough for Indy to find a good strong HC though since they have the same problem Oak & Dallas have....someone in the FO who intervenes a bit too much with what should be coach's duties/responsibilities. Maybe that's part of why Caldwell appealed to them. He wasn't gonna fight city hall.
That's precisely why Caldwell appealed to them. It's also what pisses me off about him. He's a puppet.

IMG_0012.jpg

Flashbacks?

Cheers, BostonTim

Hot...coffee...everywhere...:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

LOL...

However, I think what is happening with that picture is this:

Painter: "Here, kid. An autographed ball."
Kid: "Ewww... no..."
Painter: "Awwww come one, kid. Take the ball. It's ok!"
Kid: "No way, get away from me, creepy man!" (kid starts to back away quickly)
Painter: "Aww come on... really!" (speeds up) "I'm famous! It's ok! I'm the QB for the Colts!"
Kid: "No you're not! Our QB has eyebrows! And ginormous melon!"
Painter: "I AM TOO!"
Kid: (running away) "STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!"
Painter: "Awww man..." (Slinks away sulking)

TFF :toast::toast::toast:

Leaping. A silly rule called correctly. Sounds familiar.

:poke:

Don't know what you are talking about.:harumph:

Actually though he "leaped" up and the line came back into him.....rather than he jumped on the back of the line....technically...but we had to make Mannings comeback complete even though the kicker blew the kick and it had nothing to do with what the refs called as to why he missed it.

The offense is my issue. Wasted picks for Ugoh, the 3 center draft, Brown, and Gonzalez. The running game consistently last every year is pathetic.

On defense, the Colts have had better luck with their picks lately. We missed on Hughes(so far), but guys like Angerer, Mioala, Nevis, and Powers have been good picks. Over those 12 years, Freeney/Jackson/Hughes are the only 1st round picks for defense. That's a flaw.

What I meant is rookies are cheap relative to FA's like Corey Simon. Manning of course is worth it, but that contributes to why we aren't as deep and can't afford to miss on draft picks.
Polian has too much say, for instance resting starters or what backup QB to play. I think he's a decent coach though, but the Colts may be better with someone with more clout.

He was offered a contract before Dungy left because other teams were interested in him. I think another team would hire him if he were fired. He seems to maintain discipline and control over a locker room. Might be a good fit for Cinci.

The whole.Caldwell thing was set up by Dungy. Caldwell was getting the token Rooney rule interview only. No team was going to hire him as a HC. Don't kid yourself, Dungy had an agenda.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Patriots have managed. :shrug:

They did in '09.

Now that Patriots defense is last in the league. Higher picks on that side, and Belichick is a defensive guru, so what's their excuse? :p

The whole.Caldwell thing was set up by Dungy. Caldwell was getting the token Rooney rule interview only. No team was going to hire him as a HC. Don't kid yourself, Dungy had an agenda.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys like Morris and Tomlin are black, no HC experience before the NFL, and they were not hired because they were black.

The Colts wanted continuation, and Caldwell buys into the system. That doesn't make him a puppet.
Half the coaches in the league have no prior HC experience or a record to stand on. The Colts have been competitive despite being 0-4 IMO. A bad coach would have already lost control.

Guys like Morris and Tomlin are black, no HC experience before the NFL, and they were not hired because they were black.

The Colts wanted continuation, and Caldwell buys into the system. That doesn't make him a puppet.
Half the coaches in the league have no prior HC experience or a record to stand on. The Colts have been competitive despite being 0-4 IMO. A bad coach would have already lost control.

:blink:

^
|
Caldwell approves.

Back