What's your favorite uncommonly used word?

apoplexy - have a stroke

apoplectic - be very angry

Gina

That is awesome. You've outdone yourself.
Future trivia q. name a word (quite likely the only word) with 6 Zs in it.

zzz.jpg

Defenestration, I often threaten my daughter with it :D

Ah Defenestration, I need to use it more often in conversation.

A favourite of mine has to be "curmudgeon"

The Oxford English Dictionary (aka the Proper Dictionary) defines it as "A bad-tempered or surly person"

Also love "Dreich" a wonderful Scottish word typically used when talking about wet weather, it's relatively common in Scotland, but doesn't seem to have been taken up elsewhere.

Ah, yes, the anatomical offspring of a dog and a pigeon, conceived in a bog of primordial ooze.

A low-budget chimera, if you will.
Your muse is currently in an amusing place. :thumb:

For someone who isn't a lawyer, I use lessor and lessee often with my rental property. Personally, I slip in kith or ilk when I can.

For someone who isn't a lawyer, I use lessor and lessee often with my rental property. Personally, I slip in kith or ilk when I can.

I came here to suggest ilk. Because I used it today in a different thread and say hey why not. It was in the context of the ilk of human blindness.

Cheers

Splendiferous - splendid or having great beauty and splendor.

It's much more fun than just saying splendid.

Uncommon phrase I like - Dickhat Cilantro. It's when you have sex with a girl who hasn't shaved/trimmed enough down there and you get some left over hair on your condom. I made it up when I was drunk. You're welcome.

Splendiferous - splendid or having great beauty and splendor.

It's much more fun than just saying splendid.

Uncommon phrase I like - Dickhat Cilantro. It's when you have sex with a girl who hasn't shaved/trimmed enough down there and you get some left over hair on your condom. I made it up when I was drunk. You're welcome.

:spock:

Ah Defenestration, I need to use it more often in conversation.

A favourite of mine has to be "curmudgeon"

The Oxford English Dictionary (aka the Proper Dictionary) defines it as "A bad-tempered or surly person"

Also love "Dreich" a wonderful Scottish word typically used when talking about wet weather, it's relatively common in Scotland, but doesn't seem to have been taken up elsewhere.

Yeah, I've never heard Dreich used outside of Scotland, either. Outwith is another word particular to your part of the world as well.

About the only thing I can think of from Lancashire (where I was partly brought up) is a tendency to say "is it not?", instead of "isn’t it?". The American equivalent would be "oh really?".

Yeah, I've never heard Dreich used outside of Scotland, either. Outwith is another word particular to your part of the world as well.

Out with it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UKMuVFz3MOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back