What's your morning ritual?

TipRoast

The years teach much which the days never know.
Reaction score
I usually start out my weekday with exercise: several sets of kettlebell swings with push-ups and some mild stretching interleaved.

In between sets, I am making coffee: boiling the water, grinding the beans, doing a pour-over. Mrs. TR and I go through about a liter of coffee every day.

Breakfast is usually a smoothie: banana, blueberries, peanut butter and a scoop of protein powder.

After that, I do some online games to warm up my brain: three from the NY Times puzzles collection (the crossword, Wordle, and Connections). I also do Octordle and Worldle (a geography puzzle). If it's late in the week (Thu/Fri) I don't do the crossword until the evening.

Weekends are similar, except that the pace is more leisurely.

I usually start out my weekday with exercise: several sets of kettlebell swings with push-ups and some mild stretching interleaved.

In between sets, I am making coffee: boiling the water, grinding the beans, doing a pour-over. Mrs. TR and I go through about a liter of coffee every day.

Breakfast is usually a smoothie: banana, bl?ueberries, peanut butter and a scoop of protein powder.

After that, I do some online games to warm up my brain: three from the NY Times puzzles collection (the crossword, Wordle, and Connections). I also do uy and Worldle (a geography puzzle). If it's late in the week (Thu/Fri) I don't do the crossword until the evening.

Weekends are similar, except that the pace is more leisurely.
You expect me to follow that? Coffeeguy

You expect me to follow that? Coffeeguy
No, I don't expect that. I was hoping that others would chime in with their rituals, and I could add and/or prune activities from my ritual as I learn about all the cool things my fellow Planeteers are doing.

get up between 3:45-5:30 depending on workout scheduled. drink 2 c of coffee. feed cats/change their water/scoop their boxes. change into workout gear and go work out anywhere from 30 min-2 hrs at various locales depending on day. this is my morning 7 days/week.
#stilldontknowhowmanycupsareinaliter
@TipRoast does your coffee making apparatus measure in liters?

get up between 3:45-5:30 depending on workout scheduled. drink 2 c of coffee. feed cats/change their water/scoop their boxes. change into workout gear and go work out anywhere from 30 min-2 hrs at various locales depending on day. this is my morning 7 days/week.
#stilldontknowhowmanycupsareinaliter
@TipRoast does your coffee making apparatus measure in liters?
Yes, and I use a post office scale that weighs things in grams. I use 50 grams of coffee per liter of water.

Why do you ask?

Yes, and I use a post office scale that weighs things in grams. I use 50 grams of coffee per liter of water.

Why do you ask?
because i am not used to encountering people from america who think in metric. it irks me that i can't think that way because it is much more logical. how did you come to be able to do it?

Waiting for kickoff has always been like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. Even when the team is bad, I am still excited for it. Gotta kill time since I am generally awake by 7:00 AM.

Unless it is pouring rain, I go for a long walk on Sunday mornings then do some yardwork/garage work.

The last two hours before a 1:00 kickoff, I will watch a movie or whatever series I'm currently into. NEVER, EVER watch a second of any pregame show. I can't stand to listen to the fake takes of these talking heads. They all give me douche chills.

I turn to CBS or Fox at 1:02.

Last edited:
because i am not used to encountering people from america who think in metric. it irks me that i can't think that way because it is much more logical. how did you come to be able to do it?
I've had an almost 50-year career working in aerospace, where SI units are standard practice.

Living in Australia not only got me used to driving on the other side of the road, it also helped get me used to using metric units, including the Celsius scale, on a daily basis.

And Imperial units are still useful and haven't been totally replaced - using psi for pressure is common, even in Australia.

Using metric hasn't replaced using Imperial units - I use them together and just pick whatever unit is most useful at a given time.

Last edited:
I go to bed at 11pm and the rise at midnight, For breakfast, I have 20 eggs mixed in with gasoline. I then spend 30 minutes felling trees and chopping wood for logs. I then walk 10 miles to walk, always in the rain, and then work 26 hours a day with no break for food and no pay, I actually have to pay them to work there. My home is a dirty puddle in the ground and I consider myself truly blessed.

awake between 5:30-7:00AM

read on-line news over 2 cups black coffee (taking special note of Boston Globe Obits)

hit the bathroom for off-loading

make & consume bowl of oatmeal (insert "old man w/ oat dribble on chin" joke here)

finish 3rd cup coffee reading on-line social network news (emphasis on Cape Cod local community outrages and/or strange observations/opinions)

yell at sky before reading Patriots Planet looking for additional local community outrages

yell at sky again

plan the rest of current normal daily retirement lifestyle fashioned after the classic theme of Seinfeld i.e. "A Show About Nothing"

not much help for you Tip, but considering the life cards I've been dealt and how I've played 'em, IIWII:biggrin:

yell at sky before reading Patriots Planet looking for additional local community outrages

yell at sky again
I made a conscious decision to not get outraged about things over which I have no control.

It does wonders for the blood pressure.

Breakfast is usually a smoothie: banana, blueberries, peanut butter and a scoop of protein powder.
Have you tried substituting the peanut butter with PB Fit? You still get the peanut butter taste and the protein with less sugar.

My weekday morning ritual is to wake up and make my son something for breakfast. I try to change it up a little bit because he gets tired of foods pretty easily. Then I eat a bowl of cereal. Usually Special K protein with a banana or blueberries. Then I pack up my lunch and run out the door.

Ummm.

Beer and news upon waking.

Get to work writing and let whatever amazing is on its way happen. Up for anything, anytime.

Wake up, get harassed by the cat until I get my arse out of bed and feed her/change her water.

I have a coffee (V60), which is generally "me time" as Mrs Cat has generally left.

My commute (via train and Tube) is about 75 mins door to door. I listen to the latest Patriots Unfiltered or Catch 22.

Edit: Monday morning listening is the (currently) thoroughly depressing Post-Game show. Tbh, I'm still shocked at how bad we are on Offence.

Last edited:
Have you tried substituting the peanut butter with PB Fit? You still get the peanut butter taste and the protein with less sugar.
This morning's smoothie was almond milk with fresh bananas, kiwi and strawberries. Forgot to add protein powder because I only had one cup of coffee before I fired up the blender.

I ordered some PB Fit from Amazon, should be here on Friday.

Back