Whazzup with the U.S. Postal Service?

TrueBeliever

Hater hater
Reaction score
We've all heard the jokes about stuff getting lost in the mail, but truth be told I have had very few problems with the USPS, and I prefer to use them whenever possible. I've had far more trouble with UPS (but that's a story for another thread.)

NEway, a couple weeks ago I ordered a pair of shoes from an online place because their prices were a little better than the shoe store and they offer free overnight shipping. Well when I got them they were a little too small. So I ordered a second pair, which turned out to be too big, so I gave up and went to a shoe store and paid a little more but got a pair that fit and were more comfortable anyway.

So last Friday (May 9) I sent both pairs back with return labels I printed off from the online store's site. In other words, I had two packages of the exact same size, going to the exact same place, mailed at the same time from the same post office. To be safe I bought delivery confirmation on both. One got there the following Monday, the other didn't get there until the following Friday.

I know no one's perfect, but what's the deal? :shrug: They were both going to the exact same place.

Patriots4Ever intercepted a pair and tried them on and liked them so he wore them for a few days. :coffee:

You have to go to the Postmaster's desk at your local branch and slam your fists on his/her desk and act really irate. They love that sh$t.

Just don't forget to wear kevlar everything, and pray to God that they didn't get their hands on Harrison's gun too!

The Postal service is kinda screwed. The more they raise the price of stamps, the more people use the Internet to pay bills, so the less business the USPS gets, so the more they raise the price of stamps to compensate, etc.,. And with a lot of people using FedEx or UPS or one of the other many package companies, I'm just wondering if it's a matter of time before the USPS gets privatized or goes the way of the dodo...

newman.jpg

We've all heard the jokes about stuff getting lost in the mail, but truth be told I have had very few problems with the USPS, and I prefer to use them whenever possible. I've had far more trouble with UPS (but that's a story for another thread.)

NEway, a couple weeks ago I ordered a pair of shoes from an online place because their prices were a little better than the shoe store and they offer free overnight shipping. Well when I got them they were a little too small. So I ordered a second pair, which turned out to be too big, so I gave up and went to a shoe store and paid a little more but got a pair that fit and were more comfortable anyway.

At first I thought this was one of those new age goldilocks and the 3 bear’s stories then I realized it wasn’t. The USPS has gone down hill over the past 10 years and are as slow as molasses running up hill.

I haven't had many bad experiences with the USPS (though I pay my bills online and get most internet purchases shipped by UPS). Still, 42 cents for sending an envelope across the country is one of the best deals in America and my Netflix DVD's always make it to me in one day (though my dumbass postman has broken them in half a few times folding them into my apartment's mail slot).

my Netflix DVD's always make it to me in one day (though my dumbass postman has broken them in half a few times folding them into my apartment's mail slot).

That's too friggin' funny! ROFL

Do you know what it means when the flag in front of the post office is at half mast? It means they are hiring...:)

(though my dumbass postman has broken them in half a few times folding them into my apartment's mail slot).

:shrug:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8VTt-QukNw8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8VTt-QukNw8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

WTF? dood WTF?

I worked Thursday and Sunday nights religiously from 1990 to 1995 so I missed out on the whole wave of shows that hit it big in those years and time slots (namely "Seinfeld", "Friends", "The Simpsons", and "The X-Files").

My friend works at a drop off point(i dont know the official name) but essentially its his teams responsibility to sort the mail so i gets to where it needs to go via zip codes etc. Half the people on the team with him are drunk during work hours therefor packages get sorted to wrong places because they are not on point. ~

I worked Thursday and Sunday nights religiously from 1990 to 1995 so I missed out on the whole wave of shows that hit it big in those years and time slots (namely "Seinfeld", "Friends", "The Simpsons", and "The X-Files").

vcr ;)

Well, you only VCR something you want to watch. Since no one knew those shows would be any good, I didn't really pay attention to them or hear about them until they were well underway, at which point I didn't feel like trying to catch up.

I did see the early Simpsons animated shorts, though, which came out before the TV show and were traveling around in the Spike and Mike's Animation Festivals. So in a way I was ahead of the curve. :)

WTF? dood WTF?

I never did either. Until recently. I put a timer on the DVR to record the syndicated episodes. You guys talking about the Costanza Wallet made me rolf. I had seen the Soup Nazi episode, the Spongeworthy episode, and the Shrinkage episode previously (probably some of the most famous ones). I just never fell through with the rest of them. Plus I had games on Thurs night so it's not like I could.

But I seriously rolf when I watch them now. Freaking crazy bastards, they are. Truly a show about nothing which leaves the door open for anything to happen. I love it.

I never did either. Until recently. I put a timer on the DVR to record the syndicated episodes. You guys talking about the Costanza Wallet made me rolf. I had seen the Soup Nazi episode, the Spongeworthy episode, and the Shrinkage episode previously (probably some of the most famous ones). I just never fell through with the rest of them. Plus I had games on Thurs night so it's not like I could.

But I seriously rolf when I watch them now. Freaking crazy bastards, they are. Truly a show about nothing which leaves the door open for anything to happen. I love it.

I got you a shirt:

Back