Which is worse, losing AFC Championship or losing Superbowl?

Which is worse, losing AFC Championship or losing Superbowl?

• Losing the AFC Chamionship is WORSE

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Losing the Superbowl is WORSE

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Thomas144/zombies/ban Gomezcat

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
If you are going to lose, then there is a benefit to losing the AFCCG that hasn't been mentioned.

The coaches start their off season prep work 2 weeks earlier.

If you are going to lose, then there is a benefit to losing the AFCCG that hasn't been mentioned.

10 years from now people will remember the beatdown Denver's D put on the Panthers and that it was Manning's last game.

Few will remember Denver beat the Pats to get to the SB.

10 years from now people will remember the beatdown Denver's D put on the Panthers and that it was Manning's last game.

Your right no one remembers the championship games . They do remember the SB.

Your right no one remembers the championship games . They do remember the SB.

Some people do.

K2qSmnDtc6Vbb7oe.jpg

some people do.

k2qsmndtc6vbb7oe.jpg

lol.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

10 years from now people will remember the beatdown Denver's D put on the Panthers and that ManninHGH was putrid and carried to the title by a great defense.

fyp

Well lets put it this way, if Manning loses again, this will make 1-3 in superbowls...now what will be remembered worse, Brady losing in the afc title game, or that? I still get arguments every day that Montana is better because he is 4-0 in superbowls and Brady is 4-2.

I don't get that argument at all. So basically, they are saying that if Montana won another NFCCG and then lost in the superbowl, he would be viewed as a worse QB???

:dith:

I don't get that argument at all. So basically, they are saying that if Montana won another NFCCG and then lost in the superbowl, he would be viewed as a worse QB???

:dith:

I think there is something to be said for being perfect in championship games. It is why Jordan is viewed they way he is despite the Celtics and Pistons having his number in the 80's. But no one recounts all his failures to even make the finals until those guys retired and he got the best coach in NBA history to coach his team on top.

In terms of Montana and Brady, I think the prevalent thought that I keep hearing is that Brady has taken so many different teams to the Super Bowl with much less talent the Montana's niners that it puts him as the GOAT. Brady is the QB that won with whoever lined up with him. Montana won with HoFers and the best receiver to ever step on the field and an offensive mastermind HC in Walsh. Then on top, Brady's stats and winning blows away Montana. By the time Brady is done if he plays as long as he says he wants, he could be hold the record for yards and TDs in the regular season as well as the post-season and also most wins all time in both regular season and post-season. That is staggering.

Or better yet, lose the division round and get 3 weeks prep. Even better, lost the Wild Card round and get 4 weeks extra prep. And of course, the absolute best thing would be to not make the playoffs and get 6 weeks of prep time.

I'm surprised so many would rather not make the superbowl if they weren't going to win it, (and following that line of thought, better never to make the playoffs if they weren't going to win it all), but I'd rather they make the superbowl and lose rather than take an early exit.

Or better yet, lose the division round and get 3 weeks prep. Even better, lost the Wild Card round and get 4 weeks extra prep. And of course, the absolute best thing would be to not make the playoffs and get 6 weeks of prep time.

I'm surprised so many would rather not make the superbowl if they weren't going to win it, (and following that line of thought, better never to make the playoffs if they weren't going to win it all), but I'd rather they make the superbowl and lose rather than take an early exit.

To me, if you are not going to win the superbowl, what the hell does it matter if you make it? I think that is most peoples point, its harder to make it all the way there and lose. If you lose before that, then its kind of the feeling of , well maybe this was not our year, we need to fix some things, but getting there and losing, those are remembered badly way more. I cannot really tell you a lot about a playoff loss in 2006. bit I can detail every gut wrenching moment of the 2007 superbowl loss.

100% correct! if you are worried about failure then why bother. go cheer for the browns if you are afraid of failing in the bowl!

To me, if you are not going to win the superbowl, what the hell does it matter if you make it? I think that is most peoples point, its harder to make it all the way there and lose. If you lose before that, then its kind of the feeling of , well maybe this was not our year, we need to fix some things, but getting there and losing, those are remembered badly way more. I cannot really tell you a lot about a playoff loss in 2006. bit I can detail every gut wrenching moment of the 2007 superbowl loss.

pure chickenbleep! you always want to go to the bowl win or lose! you cant win the bowl unless you are in it, in 2001 nobody thought the pats would win, but they did...

pure chickenbleep! you always want to go to the bowl win or lose! you cant win the bowl unless you are in it, in 2001 nobody thought the pats would win, but they did...

That was not the question, it was asked which would you rather lose...so the notion you cannot win unless you get there, is not an option in this question. There is no winning, the question was which is worse to lose...so your notion of, the 2001 has zero to do with this poll question. If you are going to lose no matter what, then why the hell does losing the superbowl mean its better?

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

100% correct! if you are worried about failure then why bother. go cheer for the browns if you are afraid of failing in the bowl!

Its not worried about failure, read the question, you are going to lose...the question is which is worse. It seems you are not understanding the question, so before you tell people to go root for the browns, maybe you should understand the question a bit better.

That was not the question, it was asked which would you rather lose...so the notion you cannot win unless you get there, is not an option in this question. There is no winning, the question was which is worse to lose...so your notion of, the 2001 has zero to do with this poll question. If you are going to lose no matter what, then why the hell does losing the superbowl mean its better?

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Its not worried about failure, read the question, you are going to lose...the question is which is worse. It seems you are not understanding the question, so before you tell people to go root for the browns, maybe you should understand the question a bit better.

thats cute i understand the question but thanks...its better to be in the bowl and lose than to not get there, anything else is simply trying to justify failure.

thats cute i understand the question but thanks...its better to be in the bowl and lose than to not get there, anything else is simply trying to justify failure.

umm its failure no matter what, you lose, the question was asking which is worse. Not, what you have a chance to win, or, the 2001 patriots, or being a browns fan, its which one is harder to take, you are losing, the question was which feels worse.

umm its failure no matter what, you lose, the question was asking which is worse. Not, what you have a chance to win, or, the 2001 patriots, or being a browns fan, its which one is harder to take, you are losing, the question was which feels worse.

it is always worse to not get there than to get there and fail.

it is always worse to not get there than to get there and fail.

Why? You are failing either way in this scenario? You are trying to read this as if its the perspective that you do not know the outcome yet. We do know the outcome. Its harder to lose in the superbowl because you had one game left, its tougher to accept for most. I am not saying your opinion is wrong, just on how you are trying to slam others for theirs based on they should be browns fans. Its easier for a lot of people to accept that the team was not good enough so they did not make it there than it is to accept they were good enough and lose in the final game. As I said, most can give you horrid detail on the SB losses, but not on a simple playoff loss. The helmet catch is going to be in nightmares way more than the failed two point conversion for most.

Why? You are failing either way in this scenario? You are trying to read this as if its the perspective that you do not know the outcome yet. We do know the outcome. Its harder to lose in the superbowl because you had one game left, its tougher to accept for most. I am not saying your opinion is wrong, just on how you are trying to slam others for theirs based on they should be browns fans. Its easier for a lot of people to accept that the team was not good enough so they did not make it there than it is to accept they were good enough and lose in the final game. As I said, most can give you horrid detail on the SB losses, but not on a simple playoff loss. The helmet catch is going to be in nightmares way more than the failed two point conversion for most.

justify it any way you want but not getting there is worse than getting there and failing.

last word is yours go ahead and keep trying to justify the pats failure to make it to the bowl...

justify it any way you want but not getting there is worse than getting there and failing.

last word is yours go ahead and keep trying to justify the pats failure to make it to the bowl...

huh? Who is justifying anything? It was asked which is worse to people to lose? Are you justifying losing the superbowl? Nobody is justifying anything, it was asked which is harder for people to take. It seems you have become a bit spoiled in your years as a pats fan. I hate to break it to you, but its hard for teams to make the superbowl, just because yours has 6 times in the last 15 years. If that is not good enough for you, I would say go to another team, but you are not going to find it. This question had zero to do about making excuses or justifying anything, it was asked which was harder on people. Everyone is going to feel different, giving that opinion does not mean they should go be browns fans. Like I said, how you feel is fine, but trashing others on how they feel is a bit much.

Absolutely do not agree...losing the super bowl means that you're #2...which means that you're #1 loser.

FTS...

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

The Bills are the GOAT...for choking.

Back