Which side was who on?

Team Brady all the way. After the cheap shot artists, the Squeelers, hit Tommy I immediately said "they're done..."

Bledsoe for a long time could not fully develop into a consistent franchise quarter. Before Parcells, Drew was making rookie interceptions for his first 3-4 years. In 1996 when Parcells was the coach, he needed to be in Drew's face consistently and improved Drew's play to take them to the SB against GB, which Pats lost 21-35. After Parcel left and BB took over, Drew went right back to his intermittent rookie mistakes. not as often as previous Parcel due to the impression that Parcells left on him.

When Drew got hurt in early 2001, Tom Brady seemed to be on a mission and worked enormously hard and it showed by his very quick development and progressiveness to consistently win. I was with keeping Tom as the starter for the 2001 SB because of the winning consistency, familiarity, and his continuous development that could be so easily viewed during every game. Obviously, BB made the right decision because when Drew and Tom when head to head after Drew went to Buffalo, Tom was the victor.

Bledsoe for a long time could not fully develop into a consistent franchise quarter. Before Parcells, Drew was making rookie interceptions for his first 3-4 years. In 1996 when Parcells was the coach, he needed to be in Drew's face consistently and improved Drew's play to take them to the SB against GB, which Pats lost 21-35. After Parcel left and BB took over, Drew went right back to his intermittent rookie mistakes. not as often as previous Parcel due to the impression that Parcells left on him.

When Drew got hurt in early 2001, Tom Brady seemed to be on a mission and worked enormously hard and it showed by his very quick development and progressiveness to consistently win. I was with keeping Tom as the starter for the 2001 SB because of the winning consistency, familiarity, and his continuous development that could be so easily viewed during every game. Obviously, BB made the right decision because when Drew and Tom when head to head after Drew went to Buffalo, Tom was the victor.

umm parcells drafted bledsoe, there was no before parcells.

i get the gist of your post though, bledsoe never really improved his game much, he was essentially the same qb his entire career. he was also too slow with his reads and was not effective under pressure.

bledsoe was great against a prevent d though. Without ben coates, bledsoe would not be looked on so favorably in NE.

getting back to the op team brady, during the 2001 preseason it was remarkable how bad the O was with bledsoe and how smooth it was w/brady. the only question i had was how would brady do vs first stringers. i was worried i was falling into the classic training camp hero regular season zero trap. by the end of the san diego game i was completely sold on brady.

umm parcells drafted bledsoe, there was no before parcells.

i get the gist of your post though, bledsoe never really improved his game much, he was essentially the same qb his entire career. he was also too slow with his reads and was not effective under pressure.

bledsoe was great against a prevent d though. Without ben coates, bledsoe would not be looked on so favorably in NE.

getting back to the op team brady, during the 2001 preseason it was remarkable how bad the O was with bledsoe and how smooth it was w/brady. the only question i had was how would brady do vs first stringers. i was worried i was falling into the classic training camp hero regular season zero trap. by the end of the san diego game i was completely sold on brady.

And I've mentioned this impression of mine from time to time.

And it's something I noticed almost immediately: From the moment Tom stepped on the field, the endless and annoying delay of games came to a virtual halt.

BostonTim

I wasn't on either side in the beginning back then but Brady won me over quickly with his winning ways. Bledsoe's winning TD in the playoffs was a feel good minute for him. I was a lot surprised when BB named Brady the starter for the SB with his sprained ankle when a healthy Bledsoe was ready to go. That told me how dedicated to Brady BB really was.

I remember thinking don't fvck with a winning streak in the regular season, but then when Bledsoe won the AFCG in Pittsburgh, I was rooting for him to start the Super Bowl.

I think it was pretty natural as a fan, to pull for Bledsoe, who had a lot of heart and talent and Brady had not fully demonstrated his skill set yet. Even though the Pats didn't make the playoffs in 2002, hardly anyone had a question by then that they had made the right choice.

And I've mentioned this impression of mine from time to time.

And it's something I noticed almost immediately: From the moment Tom stepped on the field, the endless and annoying delay of games came to a virtual halt.

BostonTim

And the blind throws to the LBs for pick sixes. :coffee:

Oh and Vinny became a great kicker as every kick was not outside the 30 yard line. :coffee:

Jaric to all his friends: Well, were playing the Patriots backup QB so for sure we're gonna win...

:banghead:

This may be the most wrong I've ever been about anything ever.

I remember thinking don't fvck with a winning streak in the regular season, but then when Bledsoe won the AFCG in Pittsburgh, I was rooting for him to start the Super Bowl.

I think it was pretty natural as a fan, to pull for Bledsoe, who had a lot of heart and talent and Brady had not fully demonstrated his skill set yet. Even though the Pats didn't make the playoffs in 2002, hardly anyone had a question by then that they had made the right choice.

i was happy for drew on the td throw, but the over the shoulder chuck it up almost int was the last straw i never wanted drew in a pats uniform ever again.

Jaric to all his friends: Well, were playing the Patriots backup QB so for sure we're gonna win...

:banghead:

This may be the most wrong I've ever been about anything ever.

how many arizona, miami and houston fans made the same mistake....

If we are all honest, no one saw Brady doing what he has done. Even if we thought he was the better choice over Drew back then none of us thought any of this historic run would happen. Never in a million years. We are a blessed fanbase. :toast:

It has been a truly exceptional run; I've been a Pats fan since 1986-87 and, by the time the Green Bay Superbowl was over, I'd told myself I'd never see them win the big one. 2001 was quite exceptional, as was the last one. When Kearse did that juggling catch at the end, I'd mentally accepted the loss...

It has been a truly exceptional run; I've been a Pats fan since 1986-87 and, by the time the Green Bay Superbowl was over, I'd told myself I'd never see them win the big one. 2001 was quite exceptional, as was the last one. When Kearse did that juggling catch at the end, I'd mentally accepted the loss...

I thought we lost too. I just wanted to stop them from getting in and running th clock out. But I kept waiting for beast mode to run it in and win the game. I wish I can relive that moment again

When Kearse did that juggling catch at the end, I'd mentally accepted the loss...

I feel like we all did. Teams in NE's position lose that game 9 times out of 10, if not more. Truly an amazing way to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat. Brady's 4th Q and the comeback made potentially losing on that freak play a big gut punch moment...

I've rewatched the 4th Q a few times and it's just an unbelievable quarter of football.

I feel like we all did. Teams in NE's position lose that game 9 times out of 10, if not more. Truly an amazing way to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat. Brady's 4th Q and the comeback made potentially losing on that freak play a big gut punch moment...

I've rewatched the 4th Q a few times and it's just an unbelievable quarter of football.

That fourth quarter was the best quarter of football I have ever watched. Brady was brilliant and of course Butler at the end. :patriotlogo:

I thought we lost too. I just wanted to stop them from getting in and running th clock out. But I kept waiting for beast mode to run it in and win the game. I wish I can relive that moment again

It's an unreal moment. It's one of my top four memories in sports. The others are the 2002 Superbowl, Manchester United beating Bayern Munich with two goals in injury time and England beating Australia in the Rugby World Cup Final with a last minute drop goal (with the kicker under pressure off his right foot - when he is left footed).

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

That fourth quarter was the best quarter of football I have ever watched. Brady was brilliant and of course Butler at the end. :patriotlogo:

I think he completed 8 of 8 on that TD drive. That's insane.

I'll admit to being a Bledsoe guy in 2001.

I'm starting to consider the possibility that I might have been wrong.

:shrug_n:

Back