Which side was who on?

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Nov. 18, 2001 vs Rams (15 years 2 days ago)`Tom Brady started his first game with Bledsoe cleared to play.

The Brouhaha was on in spades.

I remember the tone. I remember the ferocious ire of the fans, pro Drew, on sports radio.

I remember vividly the constant condescending sniping of John Dennis. No one doesn't know where Lucretia stood.

But I am very Foggy as to whom the media players were on Team Brady & team Bledsoe. Any one know which side some one or more were on?

Any specific lasting memories of the time? And, at that time, Whose side were you on? I was Brady right out of the gate, as Bledsoe, and his decisions and dumb penalties had always nagged at me, though I did/do love him.

Fifteen Years.

Cheers, BostonTim

Borges, for sure, was Team Bledsoe. I'm pretty sure Shaughnessy was too.

That should have been my first indication that I was on the wrong side, but things were pretty different in 2001 around here.

I was 100% Team Drew, fwiw.

I loved Bledsoe, but I was a Brady guy at that point.

"Don't **** with a winning streak, meat"

--Crash Davis

I was Team Tom. I was and am a believer in momentum and not changing what's working.

I was Team Tom. I was and am a believer in momentum and not changing what's working.

Yeah, I can see it.

Gotta remember though, it's not as if Belichick had engendered much in terms of 'In BB I Trust' yet. At least Pete Carroll had a winning record, etc etc.

I just started following the Pats when BB got there in 2000 so I wasn't loyal to Bledsoe in any way. That said, I wasn't sure I had enough data on TB to be in his camp either. I did think TB should start in the SB, that was a debate. I think TB won me over (sillily enough) on that drive in SB 36 when he calmly took that final snap, spiked it and caught it with the other hand. that's when i felt i knew he had that "it".

I was keep it going, I loved Drew but thought it would be crazy to change with how Tom was doing. I wanted to ride it out with Tommy.

Eddie Andelman was pro-Brady. I remember him telling Dale every day, "this kid Brady is infectious." lol. Then before the SB he kept greeting every caller with "jambalaya."

I was pro-Brady but I remember being mad when Brady came in for Drew as we were paying Huard big bucks as the back-up and I did not realize Brady had jumped him on the depth chart. Once Brady blew out the Colts/ManninHGH in Indy he had me in his corner forever. lol.

Also, Parcells skipping out like he did and Kraft hiring Petey the Poodle ruined Bledsoe's career IMO. I really loved Drew and still credit him for the Pats turn around. He got it all going and lifted the franchise out of the basement.

Eddie Andelman was pro-Brady. I remember him telling Dale every day, "this kid Brady is infectious." lol. Then before the SB he kept greeting every caller with "jambalaya."

I was pro-Brady but I remember being mad when Brady came in for Drew as we were paying Huard big bucks as the back-up and I did not realize Brady had jumped him on the depth chart. Once Brady blew out the Colts/ManninHGH in Indy he had me in his corner forever. lol.

Also, Parcells skipping out like he did and Kraft hiring Petey the Poodle ruined Bledsoe's career IMO. I really loved Drew and still credit him for the Pats turn around. He got it all going and lifted the franchise out of the basement.

I'm a Bledsoe fan...and a Brady fan...and also a JimmyG fan too...:coffee:

I'm a Bledsoe fan...and a Brady fan...and also a JimmyG fan too...:coffee:

I believe that is the answer Hillary would have given too. :tmack:

I wasn't on either side in the beginning back then but Brady won me over quickly with his winning ways. Bledsoe's winning TD in the playoffs was a feel good minute for him. I was a lot surprised when BB named Brady the starter for the SB with his sprained ankle when a healthy Bledsoe was ready to go. That told me how dedicated to Brady BB really was.

I knew Drew wasn't the answer, and hoped Brady was an upgrade.

I was pleasantly surprised :toast:

Being really honest, I thought Bledsoe. I could make excuses about limited evidence but I'm one for owning my mistakes.

If we are all honest, no one saw Brady doing what he has done. Even if we thought he was the better choice over Drew back then none of us thought any of this historic run would happen. Never in a million years. We are a blessed fanbase. :toast:

I was definitely in Drew's corner. Couldn't see how he could lose his job due to injury. No one loses his job due to injury.

Watching him play against the Pats in a Bills uniform was almost as bad as watching Dewey play against the Sox in an Oriole uniform.

I believed in Bledsoe 100% until I watched Brady for about 4 weeks. My eyes told me what was different.

All the "He can't do it all alone" and "The QB is important but is only 1 of 11" became "Hey, this guy does all the things that the greats do"

By the Rams game I was Team Tommy

Back