Whitey Bulger Killed in West Virginia Prison - Age 89

At least Whitey got to see the Red Sox win one more WS before he got whacked.:shrug_n:

They play baseball where Whitey went, but the pitchers throw nothing but heat.:fire:

“A prison source told TMZ that wheelchair-bound Bulger was in general population when three inmates rolled him to a corner out of view of surveillance cameras, beat him in the head with a lock in a sock, and attempted to gouge his eyes out.”

He got to enjoy a good stretch of freedom in Cali, but that sounds like a truly miserable way to go so :shrug_n:

Ying/Yang

I truly have no idea who this person is, or why they're in jail.

I post this not to celebrate my own ignorance (based on these posts, I'll have to do some research on this topic, and will indeed educate myself on what's what), but rather to point out something key- these vile monsters (as this person appears to be, contextually), these horrific human beings, as much as they may dominate news cycles and headlines and seem bigger than life, for the vast majority of American citizens, much less humanity as a whole, they're insects like the rest of us, utterly lacking in impact on the lives of others, and ultimately insubstantial in the greater scheme of human history.

They may ruin and destroy the lives of specific people around them, and cause an almost inconceivable amount of harm, and yet ultimately those who don't follow MSM after a year or two, or even normal human beings after 10 or 20, will have zero idea who this person is or why their passing would be noteworthy whatsoever. It's like a name carved in a tree- sure for the person who carved the name, it's blatant and obvious for all of time, a permanent marker of what they did. Yet for the tree itself, it grows on, the scar never gone yet ultimately barely hindered by it, and for those not involved, how are they even to know what tree it was, much less notice the arbitrary damage inflicted?

Anyway, if this person was as bad as the posts seem to indicate, hooray for their passing. I have scant comfort to offer to those who may have been negatively impacted by this individual other than that as time goes on, the percentage of the populace who has no idea who this individual is will only grow, hopefully their fading into obscurity and obsolescent will prove to be a fitting end.

I post this not to celebrate my own ignorance (based on these posts, I'll have to do some research on this topic, and will indeed educate myself on what's what), but rather to point out something key- these vile monsters (as this person appears to be, contextually), these horrific human beings, as much as they may dominate news cycles and headlines and seem bigger than life, for the vast majority of American citizens, much less humanity as a whole, they're insects like the rest of us, utterly lacking in impact on the lives of others, and ultimately insubstantial in the greater scheme of human history.

Not in Whitey's case.

For one thing, one of his murder victims was Roger Wheeler, CEO of Telex, and from what I have read, a decent boss and local philanthropist. I don't know how many people Telex employed at the time, or whether or how many people (and by extension, families) gained or lost livelihoods because of Wheeler's murder. But I also don't believe he was an "insect." There are so few good and decent corporate CEOs out there in companies of any size that losing one matters.

For all I know, or for all anyone knows, a living Wheeler would have gone on to build a company that rivaled Microsoft, or IBM, or Intel, or Apple, or ... you name it. Perhaps one more well-run competitor would have raised the bar on the whole field, and would have gotten us to a better place than we are right now.

Or maybe one of Bulger's other, less-known victims would have found a cure for Cancer or invented a longer-lasting light bulb.

Thanks to Whitey Bulger, we'll never know, now.

They may ruin and destroy the lives of specific people around them, and cause an almost inconceivable amount of harm, and yet ultimately those who don't follow MSM after a year or two, or even normal human beings after 10 or 20, will have zero idea who this person is or why their passing would be noteworthy whatsoever. It's like a name carved in a tree- sure for the person who carved the name, it's blatant and obvious for all of time, a permanent marker of what they did. Yet for the tree itself, it grows on, the scar never gone yet ultimately barely hindered by it, and for those not involved, how are they even to know what tree it was, much less notice the arbitrary damage inflicted?

Anyway, if this person was as bad as the posts seem to indicate, hooray for their passing. I have scant comfort to offer to those who may have been negatively impacted by this individual other than that as time goes on, the percentage of the populace who has no idea who this individual is will only grow, hopefully their fading into obscurity and obsolescent will prove to be a fitting end.

Let me give you a hint who he was.

Whitey had a private room at the local YMCA. Don't ask how. He'd have underage local girls taken there and have a scumbag he knew rape them while he watched from behind a two-way mirror and whacked off.

The parents of these girls knew that if they ever went to the cops then Whitey would kill the girls or their other kids.

So when your research is done, you might conclude that Whitey, indeed, impacted the lives of plenty of people and still does.

This is all very philosophical and I’m sure you meant nothing in the bold but you couldn’t be more inaccurate with the bold.

Think of the most important person in your life. Now imagine them taken from you by a real life boogeyman with a laundry list almost 2 dozen long and the knowledge you have no chance at legal recourse.

I’m kind of shocked in a neighborhood of notoriously tough bastards there weren’t more attempts at retribution on him. I know I’d have refined my skills with a hunting rifle.

Yes, and the FBI agent who protected him was convicted on many charges and should never get out of prison (sentenced to 40 years and he's in his 70's)
John Morris if I remember correctly

Connolly gave him the heads up to get out of town when the indictment was coming, but I'm not sure if Bulger continued to get help while he was living in Santa Monica. I don't remember well now and could be wrong, but I think they finally got lucky and hit pay dirt when someone recognized his girlfriend. I think it had something to do with her helping someone's stray cat.
they knew he was there, I was in SF and heard rumors he was there and frequented certain bars. There was no hiding his location with locals thugs.

“A prison source told TMZ that wheelchair-bound Bulger was in general population when three inmates rolled him to a corner out of view of surveillance cameras, beat him in the head with a lock in a sock, and attempted to gouge his eyes out.”
Eyes gouged out are what they do ti rats, those who fink, it is so others do not follow suit.

Let me give you a hint who he was.

Whitey had a private room at the local YMCA. Don't ask how. He'd have underage local girls taken there and have a scumbag he knew rape them while he watched from behind a two-way mirror and whacked off.

The parents of these girls knew that if they ever went to the cops then Whitey would kill the girls or their other kids.

So when your research is done, you might conclude that Whitey, indeed, impacted the lives of plenty of people and still does.
all of this, plus the aqmount of drugs he brought in, claiming to be trying to keep southie clean.

He was a filthy vile man who is rotting in hell

This is all very philosophical and I’m sure you meant nothing in the bold but you couldn’t be more inaccurate with the bold.

Think of the most important person in your life. Now imagine them taken from you by a real life boogeyman with a laundry list almost 2 dozen long and the knowledge you have no chance at legal recourse.

I’m kind of shocked in a neighborhood of notoriously tough bastards there weren’t more attempts at retribution on him. I know I’d have refined my skills with a hunting rifle.
it is amazing how he controlled people, surprisingly so actually. Not a big man but a sick F who would have no problem shooting up a bus of preschoolers to get the driver.

I know what you mean, and I too would think about target practice but man I just do not get the way he controlled everyone, the locals seemed to fear him so much they loved him - is that possible?

it is amazing how he controlled people, surprisingly so actually. Not a big man but a sick F who would have no problem shooting up a bus of preschoolers to get the driver.

I know what you mean, and I too would think about target practice but man I just do not get the way he controlled everyone, the locals seemed to fear him so much they loved him - is that possible?

That’s why The Boogeyman title is so apt.

I think plenty of residents who weren’t victims -and they far outnumbered the victim group so...- truly believed in him and the false narrative he stood for: gatekeeper, keep Southie clean. Old. Irish. White. Hetero. Your drugs aren’t welcome here. You aren’t. No influx of different nationalities or religions. Nope. Not infiltrating Southie. And I think the locals LOVED that philosophy. So much so that when word or rumor of Whiteys latest despicable act vs one of their own they collectively were more than willing to turn a blind eye. He does so much for the neighborhood.

I’m sure many on deaths doorstep once all the info came out were nervous of their final outcome.

One of his mob associates was a guy named Paul Weadick who’s from Burlington. I went to HS with this guy and he’s in the sane prison as Whitey got offed in.
He was a tool in school and a bully. I was not surprised how he ended up. My younger brother was one of his bullying victims, the ‘was’ being due to me cold-cocking him and insuring there’d be no more nonsense. One punch, problem solved.
It was much easier to resolve these types of problems back then.

I think we had this same discussion years ago, but the problem is that people like Bulger play with a stacked deck. He did some charitable things for some people so that the community would see him as a robin hood local hero, just like Pablo Escobar, Al Capone, John Gotti and similar figures did.

If you're one of his victims, he's probably picked you out like a lion selects weak members of a herd. You won't have much resources to respond, you won't know who in the community/law enforcement is on his side, and you might not realize that he's targeting you until it's too late.

Of all the people who had the mafia lean on them over the last 100 years, how many stories are there of someone going Charles Bronson and blowing them away?

Mueller = Clinton Cronies, so Clinton's had Whitey killed!!!!

I kid, I kid

pretty messed up circle of lies going on here, you couldn't script one better.

I think we had this same discussion years ago, but the problem is that people like Bulger play with a stacked deck. He did some charitable things for some people so that the community would see him as a robin hood local hero, just like Pablo Escobar, Al Capone, John Gotti and similar figures did.

If you're one of his victims, he's probably picked you out like a lion selects weak members of a herd. You won't have much resources to respond, you won't know who in the community/law enforcement is on his side, and you might not realize that he's targeting you until it's too late.

Of all the people who had the mafia lean on them over the last 100 years, how many stories are there of someone going Charles Bronson and blowing them away?

Nailed it. In London, the Kray Brothers have an unwarranted image as "villains" who "only hurt those deserved it". In reality, they were vicious and would mess up anyone who crossed them. I'm guessing that all of these people would meet the diagnostic criteria for psychopathy (or antisocial personality disorder, as it is formally known).

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Yes, and the FBI agent who protected him was convicted on many charges and should never get out of prison (sentenced to 40 years and he's in his 70's)

Ah, yes. The film Black Mass refers to him.

Back