Who else hates clickbait and vaguebooking?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EfnKmPQdapw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Facebook isn't the only company to do this...Google, all of the big cellphone companies, etc. Facebook and Google were started by/funded by the NSA. It should be obvious enough that they're going to data mine most everything that you give it.

Here's something else I hate:
People who talk sh8t about the Pats out of nowhere and get butthurt when I respond.
I had someone like that on my timeline yesterday and I just rolled my eyes at their butthurtness and moved on. If you talk crap and can't take it, don't talk crap.

People who talk sh8t about the Pats out of nowhere and get butthurt when I respond.
I had someone like that on my timeline yesterday and I just rolled my eyes at their butthurtness and moved on. If you talk crap and can't take it, don't talk crap.

People can't give the Patriots credit when they win but cry when we don't give Peyton enough credit. 1-way street hypocrites

This happens a lot. Most people I have on FB know I'm a Pats fan, but they still make stupid comments from time to time.

But really this applies to anything. If you're going to make a public comment about sports, the economy, politics, guns, abortion, coloring books, etc. not aimed at anyone in particular but just to put your oh-so-important thoughts out there, you better be ready to defend whatever ridiculous comment you just made. Most people aren't and whine that they were "just expressing my opinion." :shrug_n:

This happens a lot. Most people I have on FB know I'm a Pats fan, but they still make stupid comments from time to time.

But really this applies to anything. If you're going to make a public comment about sports, the economy, politics, guns, abortion, coloring books, etc. not aimed at anyone in particular but just to put your oh-so-important thoughts out there, you better be ready to defend whatever ridiculous comment you just made. Most people aren't and whine that they were "just expressing my opinion." :shrug_n:

I learned long ago: Don't go anywhere near anything as devisive as a coloring book. :spock:

Cheers

Actually, I want to post that on FB (about the OMG sad but no reason people) and see who agrees. It would be funny if some of the big offenders of that agree. ROFL
Trust me, they will! Right after they do, they will copy and paste your status as their own just to feel good about the number of likes that they get.

why would an adult facebook. teenagers i understand but adults?
For me, it is a way to keep in contact with childhood friends and family members. I moved away right after graduation and live states away. Facebook has given me an easy way to keep in touch. I had been away from them for nearly two decades before Facebook was created and I have really enjoyed re-connecting.

Add

If you don't share this you

"Hate Jesus"
"Have no heart"
"Are Un-'merican"
"suck"

I don't share shit, so I must be a total douche

but I suppose most of you already knew that.
If you like and sahre, doesn't that give the original poster access to your profile, even the stranger?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Facebook as a platform, but it unfortunately allows dumb people to be dumb on a more public level (like all social media). There are some people who I was friends with in my younger years that I would now never care to hang out with in real life because of the dumb shit they post/say on FB. Then again, some of them I keep around on FB because their stupidity entertains me :coffee:

So, I recently started getting clickbait texts on my cell. One, in effect, said

"Hello Roberta Blute! Click on this fake pharmacy link that has nothing to do with CVS like it suggests on the link and don't forget to put in the "coupon code" so we'll get credit for successfully exposing you as one dumb mofo who isn't really named Roberta Blute."

If I ever run across somebody that does this shit for a living I am going to punch them in the face as hard as I can.

From my feed today:
:rolleyes:
I would guess that this person is starting their own home-based business and will fill their status updates with sales pitches for the rest of the year. I would go ahead and unfriend/unfollow now to avoid the onslaught to come.

Most people aren't and whine that they were "just expressing my opinion." :shrug_n:

You just reminded me of something else I saw the other day that I really hate.
People who post things like:

"Don't judge me but I find it stimulating to whack off thinking about swans".

Then the inevitable "WTF YOU FREAK????" responses ensue.

Then the OP cries about the fact they said, "DON'T JUDGE ME".

So umm, maybe it's just me but another way to ensure no one judges you is to, you know KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF.

What they want is just validation that they are in fact, a perfectly normal but special little snowflake and OMG DIVERSITY CELEBRATE THE INDIVIDUAL AND STUFF1111!!111!!!!!1

I am a loather of drama so I have called them out on it from time to time.

You just reminded me of something else I saw the other day that I really hate.
People who post things like:

"Don't judge me but I find it stimulating to whack off thinking about swans".

Then the inevitable "WTF YOU FREAK????" responses ensue.

Then the OP cries about the fact they said, "DON'T JUDGE ME".

So umm, maybe it's just me but another way to ensure no one judges you is to, you know KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF.

What they want is just validation that they are in fact, a perfectly normal but special little snowflake and OMG DIVERSITY CELEBRATE THE INDIVIDUAL AND STUFF1111!!111!!!!!1

I am a loather of drama so I have called them out on it from time to time.

I also like the ones where they share a really controversial image or article and then get all butt hurt when someone replies negatively -- "I didn't say I agreed with it, I just thought this issue deserves attention" or something similar becomes their defense.

Hmm, how about posting a thought with your share spam next time then?

I also like the ones where they share a really controversial image or article and then get all butt hurt when someone replies negatively -- "I didn't say I agreed with it, I just thought this issue deserves attention" or something similar becomes their defense.

Hmm, how about posting a thought with your share spam next time then?
Best thing is that 9 times out of 10 you KNOW that had a bunch of agreements chimed in, the OP would have confirmed their agreement. ROFL

I once had someone (family) post a very nasty quote on their page about an entire group of people, calling them idiots if they believed X. So, in the spirit of the " I just posted it for discussion" response and to try to give them an out, I queried on the post, "Is this your actual belief or are you posting it for discussion?". The person said it was their actual belief. I told them (via private message so the world didn't have to get involved with our private disagreement) that my father falls into that "group of idiots" so I am glad to know you feel that way about him. Since I am a grownup, I will not tell him you feel this way because it would be a cruelty he doesn't deserve. The person then tried to say they respected my dad, etc and came up with all this BS about the whole thing. I was pissed and deleted the person.

Fact checking. Seriously, do it before posting some ludicrous shit that makes you look like an idiot.

Have had this one twice, both over politics and pretty recently. Posting memes of some outrageous thing some candidate said OMGZ!!Z1!!! Responses are all name calling that candidate. A quick googling shows the quote to have never been said by the candidate. A polite pointing out of that results in the insults towards what some who hate the candidate presume my party of choice to be, and also still that candidate continuing. Awesome. ROFL

Back