Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Everybody

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
Simple question. Who should be fired after this season.

You can vote for as many options as you want or nobody.

Nike is included because he made draft choices.

If Bill actually leaves then I think everyone goes and it is a complete reset. If Bill stays, then I think everyone else stays but I would hope Groh would have more control over the team building.

BB has made his mistakes, for sure. But, he built a 20 year juggernaut with the belief that tier 2 needed to be as close to tier 1 as possible. Didn't care about flash. Found players that fit the system and with the team.

A lot of the guys he brought in were not all-pros, or had been written off. Dillon, Harrison come to mind. So do guys like Patten, Givens, Stallworth and a few more. They fit HERE. TB did make it easier, but it is still an accomplishment.

Now he's had a taste of the darker side, and needs to adjust. It's not surprising that he went all Defense on us - that is his forte. If we could bring in an OC who is on the same page philosophically, and has a strong presence, I can see a big turnaround in a year or two.

A major shake up in the rest of the staff - to include Player Personnel Director and some position coaches - yes. Stronger position experts are needed.

Bingo needs to go - awesome player with no quit, not so much in the coaching role. Klemm - not sure, he does deserve some better ingredients to cook with. Generic "NFL TACKLE", one of which is past the expiration date (along with center) makes for a pretty poor meal. At least get the guy some HEB branded condiments or something.

With all the talent on D, and what I see as good coaches, just amp up the heat a bit. Until the O can produce consistently, the bend-no-break mantra isn't working as well. Turn some of those guys loose more often.

BB has made his mistakes, for sure. But, he built a 20 year juggernaut with the belief that tier 2 needed to be as close to tier 1 as possible. Didn't care about flash. Found players that fit the system and with the team.

A lot of the guys he brought in were not all-pros, or had been written off. Dillon, Harrison come to mind. So do guys like Patten, Givens, Stallworth and a few more. They fit HERE. TB did make it easier, but it is still an accomplishment.

Now he's had a taste of the darker side, and needs to adjust. It's not surprising that he went all Defense on us - that is his forte. If we could bring in an OC who is on the same page philosophically, and has a strong presence, I can see a big turnaround in a year or two.

A major shake up in the rest of the staff - to include Player Personnel Director and some position coaches - yes. Stronger position experts are needed.

Bingo needs to go - awesome player with no quit, not so much in the coaching role. Klemm - not sure, he does deserve some better ingredients to cook with. Generic "NFL TACKLE", one of which is past the expiration date (along with center) makes for a pretty poor meal. At least get the guy some HEB branded condiments or something.

With all the talent on D, and what I see as good coaches, just amp up the heat a bit. Until the O can produce consistently, the bend-no-break mantra isn't working as well. Turn some of those guys loose more often.
:smilies-11117:

...and that picture of Elizabeth Montgomery in your avatar is :drool:

...but, addressing your post, I think it's time for a different strategy and a different voice. TB12 made life easier for everybody and covered a lot of holes. The Pats won the lottery and had the greatest era of dominance the sport has ever seen.

I'll be honest, I was initially not on board with the Belichick hiring. Without Brady, we're not even talking about him because he was likely fired close to twenty years ago.

:smilies-11117:

...and that picture of Elizabeth Montgomery in your avatar is :drool:

...but, addressing your post, I think it's time for a different strategy and a different voice. TB12 made life easier for everybody and covered a lot of holes. The Pats won the lottery and had the greatest era of dominance the sport has ever seen.

I'll be honest, I was initially not on board with the Belichick hiring. Without Brady, we're not even talking about him because he was likely fired close to twenty years ago.
Points for recognizing the hotness ...

I wonder how much of the conversation is biased due to the insane, unprecedented level of success so far.

BB's early success was due to having a calm game manager under center. That's what Tom was. Bledsoe was a gunslinger, without the (early) Favre luck - not gonna work with BB. Put a Trent Dilfer on 2001/3/4 and the results could have been close to the same. After that - well, TB did continue to grow his repertoire, adding serious deep game ability and willing good things to happen.

The stretch between #3 and #4 - hard to say. The D was a liability, older leaders that probably should have left.

3-28 - would not have been one hell of a story without 12.

These are examples in a vacuum, but in the same 20 year span we could have seen 3, maybe 4 Lombardi's with two different QB's. Not as good as 6, but damn still a hell of a run.

That Triumvirate of BB-Weiss-RAC - one of the best coaching trio's in history.

Simple question. Who should be fired after this season.

You can vote for as many options as you want or nobody.

Nike is included because he made draft choices.
There are still games to go, yet. Can't answer this until we see the while picture.

Nike stays though. he's a good boy. :coffee:

Dan Orlovsky made an outright statement this Monday.

According to his sources, Bill Belichick will NOT be the GM/HC of the Patriots in 2024.

He has been contacted by the Los Angeles Chargers already according to Orlovsky.

Most likely, Josh Harris will hand him the same role to take over the Commanders and BB will immediately hire Josh McDaniels to take the offense.

The owner of the Panthers is reportedly interested and will offer BB a five year $250M salary and basically give him free reign.

Every media guy immediately was calling anyone and everyone trying to get one up. Three guys have confirmed that "something" is going on or has already happened. Nothing more than the Boston media biting hard and doing their thing to keep it on the front page.

Potential landing spots : Carolina, Washington, LA, NY Giants, NY Jets..............................Las Vegas .......working for 10% Owner Tom Brady!!!!!!!!

Dan Orlovsky made an outright statement this Monday.

According to his sources, Bill Belichick will NOT be the GM/HC of the Patriots in 2024.

He has been contacted by the Los Angeles Chargers already according to Orlovsky.

Most likely, Josh Harris will hand him the same role to take over the Commanders and BB will immediately hire Josh McDaniels to take the offense.

The owner of the Panthers is reportedly interested and will offer BB a five year $250M salary and basically give him free reign.

Every media guy immediately was calling anyone and everyone trying to get one up. Three guys have confirmed that "something" is going on or has already happened. Nothing more than the Boston media biting hard and doing their thing to keep it on the front page.

Potential landing spots : Carolina, Washington, LA, NY Giants, NY Jets..............................Las Vegas .......working for 10% Owner Tom Brady!!!!!!!!
F_ALNi_WUAAwFBB.jpeg

Back