• Jonathan Kraft

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nobody

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Everybody

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Dan Orlovsky made an outright statement this Monday.

According to his sources, Bill Belichick will NOT be the GM/HC of the Patriots in 2024.

He has been contacted by the Los Angeles Chargers already according to Orlovsky.

Most likely, Josh Harris will hand him the same role to take over the Commanders and BB will immediately hire Josh McDaniels to take the offense.

The owner of the Panthers is reportedly interested and will offer BB a five year $250M salary and basically give him free reign.

Every media guy immediately was calling anyone and everyone trying to get one up. Three guys have confirmed that "something" is going on or has already happened. Nothing more than the Boston media biting hard and doing their thing to keep it on the front page.

Potential landing spots : Carolina, Washington, LA, NY Giants, NY Jets..............................Las Vegas .......working for 10% Owner Tom Brady!!!!!!!!

Isn't that basically the definition of tampering? :shrug-n:

All this stuff is becoming overwhelming, but even though we are a bad football team right now everybody is talking about us and
what will happen.

I know it's going to get really old before the decisions have been made and a plan is adopted, but right at the moment this
is one of the most interesting and perplexing chicken-or-the-egg stories ever.

It's Mac's fault. It's Bill's. It's Bill the GM's fault. It's the OLine. It's just really shitty luck with injuries. What can we DO with Mac?

I've thought about this a lot and believe I have a handle on most of it, but I just don't know what to expect or when. Will it
get to critical mass before the finale? Or will it all just fizzle out much like the first 10 games?

But to answer the question, the first guy that should be fired is the architect who designed that fucking lighthouse. Then, Cam Achord
and Troy Brown. Of course if Bill gets fired then new HC Jerod Mayo will probably clean house except for some of the Defensive guys, but
you have to wonder whether Steve Belichick and his brother will stand if his Dad leaves the organization.

This thing could get absolutely Machiavellian.

All this stuff is becoming overwhelming, but even though we are a bad football team right now everybody is talking about us and
what will happen.

I know it's going to get really old before the decisions have been made and a plan is adopted, but right at the moment this

It's Mac's fault. It's Bill's. It's Bill the GM's fault. It's the OLine. It's just really shitty luck with injuries. What can we DO with Mac?

I've thought about this a lot and believe I have a handle on most of it, but I just don't know what to expect or when. Will it
get to critical mass before the finale? Or will it all just fizzle out much like the first 10 games?

But to answer the question, the first guy that should be fired is the architect who designed that fucking lighthouse. Then, Cam Achord
and Troy Brown. Of course if Bill gets fired then new HC Jerod Mayo will probably clean house except for some of the Defensive guys, but
you have to wonder whether Steve Belichick and his brother will stand if his Dad leaves the organization.

First time I've seen anybody mention Troy Brown but it's crossed my mind many times this season that the receivers are not getting better and that's on him.

First time I've seen anybody mention Troy Brown but it's crossed my mind many times this season that the receivers are not getting better and that's on him.
We all love Troy because of who he was between the lines for us, but it is obvious to all that the receiving corps has underachieved
under his watch and at least some of that is due to issues with technique. For the last two years we've had a number of instances of
guys not getting both feet down in bounds, most notably in that Philly game and I have to wonder whether there has been
enough emphasis in drills, etc. to get these guys up to the task, which is something you see done regularly all around
the league. Every week, every game you see somebody just laying themselves out and getting it done.

Vets and younger players have been culpable. We don't do that well enough often enough and it's arguably cost us wins.

Bill has shown loyalty to his assistants multiple times, sometimes garnering significant public and media criticism, but if he is here next season then he
might want to take a look at potential reasons why our players seem to struggle with basic fundamentals and coaching needs to be
examined as a fundamental reason why this is happening.

One regular post-game comment we've heard over the last few seasons is "we didn't coach well enough".

Roger that. It's the same thing with special teams. Way too many key penalties at a phase of the game where we used to
consistently rank among the top units in football. Moves must be made, the only question will be how widespread.

what will happen.

It's difficult to imagine the Belichicks wanting to stay if Bill is fired. If he leaves "voluntarily", then I imagine it might be feasible. However, if I were them, I'd want a clean break.

Looks like a given that Mac is gone by spring.
And it's time to move on from Belichick(s).

While I agree those 2 units have been bad, the biggest problem with the D (IMO) is tackling. That's 100% coaching's fault.
hmmm...i am not sure about that. it could be failure to teach correct technique. but post 2011,i tend to think it's more about mandated less contact,less practice time etc.

Fire the GM. Fire the HC. Ask Bill if he wants to stay as DC (still great), if not so be it.

We all love Troy because of who he was between the lines for us, but it is obvious to all that the receiving corps has underachieved
under his watch and at least some of that is due to issues with technique. For the last two years we've had a number of instances of
guys not getting both feet down in bounds, most notably in that Philly game and I have to wonder whether there has been
enough emphasis in drills, etc. to get these guys up to the task, which is something you see done regularly all around
the league. Every week, every game you see somebody just laying themselves out and getting it done.

Vets and younger players have been culpable. We don't do that well enough often enough and it's arguably cost us wins.

Bill has shown loyalty to his assistants multiple times, sometimes garnering significant public and media criticism, but if he is here next season then he
might want to take a look at potential reasons why our players seem to struggle with basic fundamentals and coaching needs to be
examined as a fundamental reason why this is happening.

One regular post-game comment we've heard over the last few seasons is "we didn't coach well enough".

Roger that. It's the same thing with special teams. Way too many key penalties at a phase of the game where we used to
consistently rank among the top units in football. Moves must be made, the only question will be how widespread.
The QB coach hasn't been very good either.

Back