Who takes the main blame for this horrible offense

Who gets the blame for this crappy offense? The defense is good, but this offense is ass

• Bill O'Brien - Bad coachng

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill Bellichick - Bad GMing

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Bob Kraft - Doesn't Spend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive Position Coaches - Didn't Teach Proper Techniques

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

dchester

Snoop Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
This offense sucks ass. Who should get either the major portion (or the largest plurality) of the blame for this mess?

:deadhorse:

You needed a 5th option - all of the above.

The main blame of course falls on Bill who is the one building the roster. His moves this offseason have been spectacularly bad from letting Meyers go to signing Juju and extending Parker.

I think a close second though is Bill O'Brien. He has been the biggest disappointment IMO as we all know BB is a defensive guy and Bob was brought in to make this offense legit after the dumpster fire last year. We are right now in the running for the lowest point total since the 2011 St. Louis Rams. The bulk of that has to fall on him.

tank deal with it GIF

Unfortunately, Bill the GM.

JuJu was a horrible signing, and .let of us fans said so at the time.

Parker got re-upped! Horrible.

Mac the Bust is the biggest problem. That's drafting a QB though. It's a coin toss. It was the right pick at the time.
If only they had moved up to the second pick that year. Then they could have gotten Zach Wilson. :coffee:

Michael McCorkle Jones bears the most responsibility. After that, it's a mix of injuries and underperformance. I really want to give Bill O'Brien a big piece of the blame too - although honestly, I find myself watching and think 'Well, if my QB can't complete a pass to anyone on my team more than 2 yards down the field, what am I supposed to call?" Way too much shotgun, way too little playaction from under center. That's on O'Brien.

Michael McCorkle Jones bears the most responsibility. After that, it's a mix of injuries and underperformance. I really want to give Bill O'Brien a big piece of the blame too - although honestly, I find myself watching and think 'Well, if my QB can't complete a pass to anyone on my team more than 2 yards down the field, what am I supposed to call?" Way too much shotgun, way too little playaction from under center. That's on O'Brien.
I thought about adding Mac as a choice, but I suspected a few people would have had a nutty if I did.

I thought about adding Mac as a choice, but I suspected a few people would have had a nutty if I did.
Or you could just say 'the quarterbacks', because it's not like Zappe has produced any better results, other than the eye test. And even that is such an incredibly low bar, it's hard to really know.

Whatever way you slice it, not enough homework was done on Mac before the draft. I have asked this before, I wonder did this sour the relationship just a little bit between Bill and Saban? I’m sure Bill must have grilled Saban on Mac and maybe Saban just didn’t know about Mac’s flaws. But I mean the draft notes on Mac that you can see still on NFL.com can still be seen listing the negatives of Mac that came painfully true.

BB:

• Cut loose the G.O.A.T.
  • Drafted all the drafted players currently on the roster, along with all of the busts in recent years
  • scrapped the offense while making his former DC, who'd essentially never worked on the offense at any high level, the OC who would be implementing the new offense that was unsuited to most of the old-guard players. And then having to flip back to the old system after having brought in guys like Strange, who really don't fit that old system.
  • Didn't sure up what was obviously an insufficient offensive line
  • Didn't get the type of 3rd down RB that's so important in this offense
  • Knowing the limitations to the team because of the two items above, he still didn't bring in a quality blocking FB to help in pass coverage so that his TE1 wouldn't have to be used as a blocker at critical times
  • Let the team's most reliable WR go, and replaced him with the corpse of a player who'd been in decline for years
  • Chose to extend Parker instead of making Deandre Hopkins an offer he couldn't refuse

etc...

Last edited:
BB:

• Cut loose the G.O.A.T.
  • Drafted all the drafted players currently on the roster, along with all of the busts in recent years
  • scrapped the offense while making his former DC, who'd essentially never worked on the offense at any high level, the OC who would be implementing the new offense that was unsuited to most of the old-guard players. And then having to flip back to the old system after having brought in guys like Strange, who really don't fit that old system.
  • Didn't sure up what was obviously an insufficient offensive line
  • Didn't get the type of 3rd down RB that's so important in this offense
  • Knowing the limitations to the team because of the two items above, he still didn't bring in a quality blocking FB to help in pass coverage so that his TE1 wouldn't have to be used as a blocker at critical times
  • Let the team's most reliable WR go, and replaced him with the corpse of a player who'd been in decline for years
  • Chose to extend Parker instead of making Deandre Hopkins an offer he couldn't refuse

etc...
Yeah I mean Hopkins would have made such a difference on this team……

Yeah I mean Hopkins would have made such a difference on this team……

Is it your position that Deandre Hopkins (50 catches on 95 targets, 15.5 yards per reception) wouldn't have been more helpful to this offense than Parker has been? Interesting theory, if so.

Is it your position that Deandre Hopkins (50 catches on 95 targets, 15.5 yards per reception) wouldn't have been more helpful to this offense than Parker has been? Interesting theory, if so.
if one's position is that even a decent wr on the team wouldn't help much and points to how much more productive a guy like jonnu is now elsewhere or meyers is still,i can see that p.o.v.

Someone has to throw to him, yes?

Whatever way you slice it, not enough homework was done on Mac before the draft. I have asked this before, I wonder did this sour the relationship just a little bit between Bill and Saban? I’m sure Bill must have grilled Saban on Mac and maybe Saban just didn’t know about Mac’s flaws. But I mean the draft notes on Mac that you can see still on NFL.com can still be seen listing the negatives of Mac that came painfully true.

The scouting staff seems to miss different aspects quite often,
i.e. can that WR. get open?

Back