Wildcard Weekend - 1/10 4:40 p.m. ET - Green Bay at Washington (FOX)

Cousins = Brady, Montana
Gruden = Belichick, Walsh

Filed away for future use. :coffee:

That's not at all what I said and you know it.

None of these guys were anything before they were anything. Montana was a 3rd round pick. Brady was a 6th round pick. Belichick was a guy who made a name for himself running Parcells' defenses for the Giants but crashed and burned in his first HC gig in Cleveland. Walsh was an assistant in Cleveland.

That's not at all what I said and you know it.

Except that's exactly what you said, and you say it again here:

None of these guys were anything before they were anything. Montana was a 3rd round pick. Brady was a 6th round pick. Belichick was a guy who made a name for himself running Parcells' defenses for the Giants but crashed and burned in his first HC gig in Cleveland. Walsh was an assistant in Cleveland.

The narrative that Belichick "crashed and burned in Cleveland" is so disingenuous that I don't really know where to start with it.

Walsh also turned a perennial doormat in Stanford into a national contender (which is where he was directly hired from). You know, like Jim Harbaugh did.

So like I said, filed away for future use. I make no comment on it right now. :coffee:

Except that's exactly what you said, and you say it again here:

The narrative that Belichick "crashed and burned in Cleveland" is so disingenuous that I don't really know where to start with it.

Walsh also turned a perennial doormat in Stanford into a national contender (which is where he was directly hired from). You know, like Jim Harbaugh did.

So like I said, filed away for future use. I make no comment on it right now. :coffee:

I give you credit for being smart enough to be able to draw an inference from what I said.

Belichick was 8 games under .500 for his tenure in Cleveland with only one winning season. Are you going to somehow try to tell me that was a success? If that's disingenuous...the please, by all means, pick a staring point and have at it.

Walsh was an unknown before he did that. Kind of my entire point. To me it just seems like you're being intentionally obtuse at this point.

I notice you didn't comment on what I said about Montana or Brady.

I give you credit for being smart enough to be able to draw an inference from what I said.

Belichick was 8 games under .500 for his tenure in Cleveland with only one winning season. Are you going to somehow try to tell me that was a success? If that's disingenuous...the please, by all means, pick a staring point and have at it.

Walsh was an unknown before he did that. Kind of my entire point. To me it just seems like you're being intentionally obtuse at this point.

I notice you didn't comment on what I said about Montana or Brady.

Walsh wasn't an unknown, he was a Paul Brown assistant.

The 1995 Browns were touted as contenders to reach the Super Bowl that year, coming off an 11-5 season, and a playoff win. They had the #1 Defense in the league that year.

The Browns started 1995 at 3-1, before Art Modell ****ed his fans, players, coaches and employees over, and said he was moving the team to Baltimore. Nobody on the team, or with the team, knew if they had a job after the season. Turns out, most didn't.

As a resident of that area, you should certainly remember that.

There was a massive movement in the city to save the team, and players were being constantly questioned about it by local and national media, leading to the mother of all distractions - and a distracted team on the field.

Beyond that, they lost Testaverde for a month, and had to use Eric Zeier to replace him - but by that time, it didn't matter.

If they go 11-5, like they did the year before, instead of 5-11, Belichick has a record 4 games above .500, with 2 straight playoff appearances on his resume.

You calling it a "crash and burn" is, like I said, completely disingenuous, completely unfair to Belichick, his staff and his players, and a lazy, sorry narrative that I, frankly, am sick and tired of hearing as gospel truth - when it ignores the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

I told you I was making no comment at all, 3 times, about your comparisons of Cousins and Gruden to Brady/Belichick and Montana/Walsh, and am filing that information away for later - and I'm still not, despite the bait.

But yeah, I'm done letting people get away with "crash and burn" when it comes to Belichick and the Browns. It's completely unfair, and only accurate if you omit very significant facts.

I hope soneday that Bart Hibbuch is trapped somewhere with you, Tommy and you pound the mess out of him on the topic of bb in cleveland.

Back in 2003, when the Browns played at Gillette, I was at my favorite local watering hole the night before. A bunch of angry Browns fans were there, they were staying at the Quincy Marriott and ventured their way to said sports bar.

Let me tell you, the vitriol they had against BB was unmatched. They were an angry bunch of mofos. ANGRY I tell you. Easily the worst fans I have ever encountered, yes that includes Jets fans. I tried to engage them in conversation, using points Tommy made earlier in the thread, but it was to no avail

People already have their minds made up, facts be damned. It's very sad, very very sad indeed

Once someone has made up there mind about something. Nothing you say is going to change it. They believe they are right .

Walsh wasn't an unknown, he was a Paul Brown assistant.

The 1995 Browns were touted as contenders to reach the Super Bowl that year, coming off an 11-5 season, and a playoff win. They had the #1 Defense in the league that year.

The Browns started 1995 at 3-1, before Art Modell ****ed his fans, players, coaches and employees over, and said he was moving the team to Baltimore. Nobody on the team, or with the team, knew if they had a job after the season. Turns out, most didn't.

As a resident of that area, you should certainly remember that.

There was a massive movement in the city to save the team, and players were being constantly questioned about it by local and national media, leading to the mother of all distractions - and a distracted team on the field.

Beyond that, they lost Testaverde for a month, and had to use Eric Zeier to replace him - but by that time, it didn't matter.

If they go 11-5, like they did the year before, instead of 5-11, Belichick has a record 4 games above .500, with 2 straight playoff appearances on his resume.

You calling it a "crash and burn" is, like I said, completely disingenuous, completely unfair to Belichick, his staff and his players, and a lazy, sorry narrative that I, frankly, am sick and tired of hearing as gospel truth - when it ignores the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

I told you I was making no comment at all, 3 times, about your comparisons of Cousins and Gruden to Brady/Belichick and Montana/Walsh, and am filing that information away for later - and I'm still not, despite the bait.

But yeah, I'm done letting people get away with "crash and burn" when it comes to Belichick and the Browns. It's completely unfair, and only accurate if you omit very significant facts.

Art Modell...class act.

Come on Redskins! If they win, it'll actually be exciting to see how far they can go. If the Packers win, that'll be extremely boring.

Wild Playoffs.

Thus far we've had three wild card road teams beat division champions at home. I don't know that the NFC East is the division to break that trend.

We've had some pretty rotten divisions this year, but this is kind of silly.

How dumb was that from Rogers??? He had ample time to get rid of that.

I think the all the shagging he's doing with Munn has fried his brain.

Wait, they are taking that one back

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Didnt cross the plane. Should be first and goal at the 1 foot line

OK Joe Buck try not to shout too much for GB plays and at least make it seem like you're impartial.

Back