Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

• Belichick will part ways

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Belichick will return

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
he is either gone or he stays. he has been here 24 years. what can you learn in the next week that you don't already know about him

Well, for one example of things you can learn if you don't just jump on day one, you can learn whether or not Mike Vrabel's going to be available.

you're talking about guys like willie mac,rodney,tedy, vrabes etc. who'd get the young'uns and n00bs on the straight and narrow? yeah, pats haven't had that type of cadre for awhile. i could see keion white developing into one of those guys.

That's a really good point.

Reading through some of the comments about Judon, I think he's been great since he's been here, but he's not going to be cracking any whips like
the guys you named, which does not really strike me as his thing since he's a laid-back guy outside the lines, but I have suspected sort of a leadership
vacuum post-DMac. I don't have a problem with Matt not being more vocal because there are all sorts of different kinds of leaders and he brings it
in his own upbeat way. He's not the cause of the problem.

I think you have to factor in that times are changing and younger players don't like to be challenged much, especially by their peers. We don't
want guys to be bringing emotional support animals to practice or anything.

I have a feeling that Keion might just be that guy that doesn't care about ruffling a few feathers once he earns a little more clout. He might be
a chip off the old-school block. He seems almost military in his ways and has that future alpha/leader vibe. He also qualifies
as a complete badass, which is one trait that Willie had that he didn't mind using for the good of the team when necessary.

For instance, Willie Mac would have told Trent Brown to shut up and tend to his business or else when he was woofing about
playing in the NFC next year. Or at least he would have thought twice before saying it in Willie's locker room.

I think maybe the inmates ran the asylum just a bit too much in 2023 and that will need to change.

EDIT: I just read Trent Brown's comments from earlier in the day and he strongly denies that the NFL team thing ever happened, so
maybe it was the BSM making shit up and I assumed that it was accurate. Sorry, Trent. Have a nice year wherever
you end up playing.

Last edited:
he is either gone or he stays. he has been here 24 years. what can you learn in the next week that you don't already know about him
Well, there is nothing we can do but wait

Well, for one example of things you can learn if you don't just jump on dane, you can learn whether or not Mike Vrabel's going to be availale.

Well, for one example of things you can learn if you don't just jump on day one, you can learn whether or not Mike Vrabel's going to be available.
so hang on to bill until you find someone different? yeah thats a way to have a great relationship. My point is that if there is doubt about anything then he just needs to go. if you dont believe in him then he needs to go. The more i see this stuff happening the way it is the more i think this is all on kraft. People call alot of these people Friends of bill that keep coming back to the team. To me it seems like they are more Friends of kraft. Maybe he is the reason things are they way they are

Nobody really knows for sure who does what, but we all believe Bill has the final say, so pointing the finger at him is the smart move for finger pointers. Bill
is like one-stop blame shopping because he accepts it unflinchingly and never makes excuses for anything. About the only thing he doesn't accept is credit
when shit goes right.

If things are a little different behind the scenes than is commonly believed and Wolf was the guy that pounded the table for, say, Tyquan Thornton and Pierre Strong, and
Bill approved, then he would rather see his storied career come to an end over moves like those than to break the code and throw one of his guys under the bus.

He wants Shula's record, for sure, but the code is more important to him.

We really don't know who is the de facto GM but we know it's Matt Groh who reports directly to Robert and Jonathan. Makes me think Groh but wth knows.

i remember when irsay told mora to dump his dc. he didn't do it. he got the axe. his dc? vic fangio.
don't do it,bill.

Good memory, HS

Wow. From Mike that speaks volumes.
("Hail Mary" for BB)
Mike said that before BB's Monday morning presser where he declared acceptance of a GM. Mike feels differently now.

According to Mike Lombardi, Vrabel and the new Tits GM (from 49ers?) do not see eye to eye at all. It was going to be one or the other to stay. I'm guessing since the GM is in his 2nd year, they decided to stick with him.

Vrabel wanted out and likely told them that in strong terms.

Loved him as a player here but his record in Tenn is 2 very good years and 4 meh years. He did get more from Tannehill than I expected. Players seemed to really like him.
He built a culture of toughness. Leadership characteristics. QB issues hurt him just like BB.

The AJ Brown trade without his knowledge pissed him off and I'm told he wanted to take over the GM duties for the Titans after GM Jon Robinson was fired but was rebuffed.
Ran Carthon was hired Vrabel was pissed & that was the beginning of the end for Vrabel in Tenn.

He'll be sought after as a HC so I don't know how he could be shoehorned in with Bill, Mayo, O'Brien. Maybe GM? I could see it.
If anyone could convince BB of the value of a great WR, Vrabel is the guy.

So many things for the Krafts to think about.

Today's PU is very interesting with some very interesting discussions. It's on YT. I'm only 15 mins in, and so far.

1. Evan and Paul are tracing the issues on the team back to the O Line personnel decisions mde. Letting Thuney, Mason and Karras go. They were referring to Trent Brown's comments that they did have a very good O Line and, in the case of Karras, lowballed him and let him go for the sake of a million bucks.

2. Evan openly asked the question, did the Patriots lose on purpose on Sunday? He is specifically talking about the defence. The way they were set and the lack of adjustments made was very atypical of a BB defence. He said it looked like a pre-season game the way they played and referred to a comment made by Godchaux that they were out-coached. That never happens against the Jets, of all teams.

so hang on to bill until you find someone different? yeah thats a way to have a great relationship. My point is that if there is doubt about anything then he just needs to go. if you dont believe in him then he needs to go. The more i see this stuff happening the way it is the more i think this is all on kraft. People call alot of these people Friends of bill that keep coming back to the team. To me it seems like they are more Friends of kraft. Maybe he is the reason things are they way they are

I was just answering your question about what could be learned, so I'm not sure why you're jumping on that with the "great relationship" angle. You could also learn whether or not there's a team willing to trade for the coach. You can also learn whether or not, specific to this situation, the coach is actually willing to do all the things you, as the owner, might consider enough to keep him around (i.e., assuming the recent reporting is accurate, actually giving the O.C. the ability to hire his own people, giving up the G.M. power in actuality and not just name, and so on). Etc...

I was just answering your question about what could be learned, so I'm not sure why you're jumping on that with the "great relationship" angle. You could also learn whether or not there's a team willing to trade for the coach. You can also learn whether or not, specific to this situation, the coach is actually willing to do all the things you, as the owner, might consider enough to keep him around (i.e., assuming the recent reporting is accurate, actually giving the O.C. the ability to hire his own people, giving up the G.M. power in actuality and not just name, and so on). Etc...
Again this isnt a new relationship. the 2 know each other very well. I think Kraft is in over his head with being the 1 making the decisions on this

Today's PU is very interesting with some very interesting discussions. It's on YT. I'm only 15 mins in, and so far.

1. Evan and Paul are tracing the issues on the team back to the O Line personnel decisions mde. Letting Thuney, Mason and Karras go. They were referring to Trent Brown's comments that they did have a very good O Line and, in the case of Karras, lowballed him and let him go for the sake of a million bucks.
There is no doubt the downfall of this team the last couple of season has been primarily the offensive line. The players let go, players not drafted and the coaches chosen to coach it.

This majorly negatively impacted the team on so many fronts and levels. The impact of the O-line decisions over the last 2 years will take resources to fix to go with better decision making by the HC/GM. Mac Jones was wasted by BB. Cole Strange might be saved. The TE's are a mess as of now.

I'd ask him if he dumped Linda or was it the other way around.
they made a decision though huh? You can be a smart ass all you want to, But some people on here do like to have a normal adult Conversation. I know thats offensive to some of you but no sense in being a jack ass.

Here's how we can tell what is going on.
If there is white smoke coming out of the Kraft offices, then BB is going to be the HC going forward. If there is black smoke, then BB has been fired.
I'm surprised that some in the media haven't reported this yet.

Here's how we can tell what is going on.
If there is white smoke coming out of the Kraft offices, then BB is going to be the HC going forward. If there is black smoke, then BB has been fired.
I'm surprised that some in the media haven't reported this yet.
You never, know... Josh Gordon could also be visiting.

they made a decision though huh? You can be a smart ass all you want to, But some people on here do like to have a normal adult Conversation. I know thats offensive to some of you but no sense in being a jack ass.
Ok, sorry you take your football team soooo seriously. Relax dude, it's just entertainment. I'm sure there are more important things in your life than the fate of Bill Belichick. Please agree with me.

View: https://twitter.com/Cerrone_Battle/status/1744775298330013927?s=19

Ok, sorry you take your football team soooo seriously. Relax dude, it's just entertainment. I'm sure there are more important things in your life than the fate of Bill Belichick. Please agree with me.

View: https://twitter.com/Cerrone_Battle/status/1744775298330013927?s=19

This is the patriots football forum. If u dont like what i have to say or cant handle my opinion then just dont comment on my posts. I never asked for you to pipe up like you always feel like you need to. I made a simple statement so leave it at that.

Back