Will Smith slaps the $hit out of Chris Rock live on the Oscars

Alk

Reaction score
It's honestly a miracle that it took this long. 🤣 I still have my doubts about whether it was staged or not. The actual slap seemed like it but the speech afterwards made it seem pretty legit. 🤷‍♂️

View: https://youtu.be/fOVLBXiV_vo

Apparently not staged, genuinely legit and you can see Chris Rock's shock at it.

Never seen anything like it! Rock has declined to press charges with the LAPD. Will be interesting to see the fallout from this. Comedians like Ricky Gervais and co insist that nothing should be out of bounds with jokes and they should never be cancelled as it's a slippery slope. Then again, Smith was defending his wife who is suffering from Alopecia and is obviously sensitive about it and ROck makes a joke about her being GI Jane......

Maybe have the right to make a joke about anything, but the recipient has the right to hit you right in the kisser in response!

I guess that was a clever way to get people talking about something that I never knew was even on... :coffee:

Give those guys an Oscar or two!
My first thought as well.

Nobody care about the... whatever that show was so let's spice it up. I got an idea: put Will and Jada in the front and then have Chris make fun of his wife. This is gonna be so good!

Watch it again and you'll see Will Smith actually laughing right after the joke. It's not until you see that Jada is visibly PO'd about it does Will get up.

I am Team Rock on this one. It wasn't a good joke (and I mean strictly on the comedy scale), but Will and Jada Smith have descended into Tom Cruise "weirdo" territory over the past decade. It's difficult for me to have too much compassion for them.

yeah i saw him laugh too. i guess if i had alopecia and were sensitive about it, i'd wear a wig. the fact she wasn't suggests an admirable lack of g.a.f. i guess she did actually g a.f.
Hair is vastly over rated. I told mine to GTFO decades ago. Haven't paid for a haircut in 25 years. No shampoo either.

Back