Will the refs screw us (again) in the playoffs or SB?

Yes, I guess it's pathetic and we should just ignore any wrong-doing by the refs. Brilliant. Nutkick

To say the refs suck is objectively correct.

To say that they're out to get one team or another, is not only batshit lunacy, it's loser's lament.

Know what Bill Belichick would say? "Don't put the game in the refs hands." If you play well enough, the refs can't blow a call that will cost you a game.

This crap is complete nonsense, and I'd like to think this fanbase is better than that.

So I repeat: This thread is pathetic. OP please delete. :coffee:

You shouldn't even watch the game . How you going to enjoy the game . If your just waiting to see when the refs screw NE with a bad or miss call. You already made up your mind. Refs will cost the pats the game .

To say that they're out to get one team or another, is not only batshit lunacy, it's loser's lament.

Know what Bill Belichick would say? "Don't put the game in the refs hands." If you play well enough, the refs can't blow a call that will cost you a game.

This crap is complete nonsense, and I'd like to think this fanbase is better than that.

Both of these.....

:clap:

tin%20foil%20hat%2006.0.gif

Based on some of the things we've seen, not only with this team but with others, it's certainly not lunacy to assume that with some games the refs willingly fudge. Yeah, it's a sore argument that fans of most teams like throw out there every time their team loses -which does get old- but to act like there's absolutely zero corruption on any level ever is pretty naive. It may be more incompetence than not, but one way or the other, when refs screw up, whether it's blatant or not, they do cost teams games.

It's been called out in this thread rather bluntly and on the nose, for those who want to talk about it and for those who are sick of it. But being sick of the ref's bullsh*t doesn't mean we're sick of watching the Pats play, or of seeing other games. It's just an area for the subject to be discussed and for those who want to vent and call it out to be able to do so.

If anyone dislikes this subject or this thread, please feel free to enjoy the other countless threads in this forum and just skip right over this one. :wave:

This................in spades.

The way you ensure there is no corruption is through transparency. If there *is* no corruption, there should be no issue with broadcasting openly the communication occurring on the ref headsets. If there is an issue with broadcasting it, it is only natural to assume that it is because there is communication in there that they don't want us to hear. I don't buy the whole "don't ask how the sausage is made" because I *do* want to know how the sausage is made. If it's being made in a fashion that makes me not want to eat it, then maybe that should change. (I'd pay more for a sausage free of bone and cartilage, for example, made with 100% pork, rather than being made of mystery "meat")

I'm with Tommy D, it's just incompetence and a terribly onerous rulebook.

What I thought was interesting is that none of these crews this weekend worked together before as a crew all year yet there were fewer 956,815,499 minute long conferences before calls were made.

We all had our complaints after Denver, the "inadvertent whistle" against Buffalo, etc.

But to preemptively start a thread complaining about bad calls that haven't happened yet is something a bunch of Colts fans would do. We're better than this.

We all had our complaints after Denver, the "inadvertent whistle" against Buffalo, etc.

But to preemptively start a thread complaining about bad calls that haven't happened yet is something a bunch of Colts fans would do. We're better than this.

I complain about the refs when it's a clear as day. NO defending it call. That wristle was one of them. He lost track of where brady was on the field. Blew the wristle .

I complain about the refs when it's a clear as day. NO defending it call. That wristle was one of them. He lost track of where brady was on the field. Blew the wristle .

The thing is, that was just incompetence. That wasn't a guy out to screw the Patriots. Hell, the result of that play was screwing the Bills in favor of the Patriots. That play should have been dead where Brady was. That's when the whistle was blown.

Again, to say the refs suck is objectively correct. But those who take the extra nonsense step (not you KOK) and say that refs, who have NO LOVE for the league office, who hate the fact that their boss has never been a ref, and say that they're somehow doing the bidding of 345 Park Ave...are out of their ****ing mind, to put it bluntly.

Moreover, to pre-emptively start bitching about the refs before the game even happens, is like Dolphins-fan level stupid. :coffee:

Then how do you justify Blandino admitting in the ear that the player could be ejected?

They are "supposed" to be aiding in down, distance, time, and ball spot. If needed.

Pre-emptive chirping in the ear about the ability to eject a player oversteps that criteria.

Then how do you justify Blandino admitting in the ear that the player could be ejected?

They are "supposed" to be aiding in down, distance, time, and ball spot. If needed.

Pre-emptive chirping in the ear about the ability to eject a player oversteps that criteria.

Correct but the ref didn't eject the player:shrug_n: So was it a reminder, suggestion, or order?

~Dee~

Were Beckham or Norman ejected? Or, were they allowed to stay in the game, potentially to the detriment of other players, JUST BECAUSE Blandino was trying to tell the refs what to do?

As Glenn Ordway would say, "You're makin' my point"

:coffee:

Were Beckham or Norman ejected? Or, were they allowed to stay in the game, potentially to the detriment of other players, JUST BECAUSE Blandino was trying to tell the refs what to do?

As Glenn Ordway would say, "You're makin' my point"

:coffee:

No. The point is they ARE in their ear. About subject matter they are not supposed to be.

Admittedly.

Sure, they didn't follow through this time.

But to stick your head in the sand or say others are chasing ghosts is foolish too.

It's just a matter of time, and a weaker official or one more willing to do what the league office wishes. Maybe the guy who ignores them gets graded with a sharper pencil, and the guy who follows orders better subsequently gets that next round game and the payoff that comes with it.

The thing is, that was just incompetence. That wasn't a guy out to screw the Patriots. Hell, the result of that play was screwing the Bills in favor of the Patriots. That play should have been dead where Brady was. That's when the whistle was blown.

Again, to say the refs suck is objectively correct. But those who take the extra nonsense step (not you KOK) and say that refs, who have NO LOVE for the league office, who hate the fact that their boss has never been a ref, and say that they're somehow doing the bidding of 345 Park Ave...are out of their ****ing mind, to put it bluntly.

Moreover, to pre-emptively start bitching about the refs before the game even happens, is like Dolphins-fan level stupid. :coffee:

I would refer to it as the hallmark of AFC North teams excluding Cleveland.

No. The point is they ARE in their ear. About subject matter they are not supposed to be.

Admittedly.

Sure, they didn't follow through this time.

But to stick your head in the sand or say others are chasing ghosts is foolish too.

It's just a matter of time, and a weaker official or one more willing to do what the league office wishes. Maybe the guy who ignores them gets graded with a sharper pencil, and the guy who follows orders better subsequently gets that next round game and the payoff that comes with it.

Got it. You're not only assuming facts not in evidence, you're saying the actual facts IN evidence don't matter.

Even though they directly support what I'm saying. Are you saying that refs don't talk to each other? They have union reps and union meetings and union representation too. They all know who everyone else is.

Is Blandino just cutting checks to refs that supposedly do his bidding? Do you have any evidence, or even third-hand conjecture that supports that?

Or are you making that part up, because you're conflating the referees, who hate the league office more now than they ever have - like Walt Anderson. I'm sure he enjoyed being painted in the Wells/Pash report as either a doddering old fool, or straight-up liar, right? - with the part of the league that actually DOES have it out for the Patriots?

The refs are not your enemy. They might be bad at their jobs, but **** no, they're not intentionally favoring one team over another, no.

That's Dolphins fan shit. That's the people who say the league FAVORS the Patriots. That Goodell, STILL, is in Kraft's pocket. Still! Like today! Go read Chefsplanet.

You're the same as that guy.

No thanks, man. :coffee:

Got it. You're not only assuming facts not in evidence, you're saying the actual facts IN evidence don't matter.

Even though they directly support what I'm saying. Are you saying that refs don't talk to each other? They have union reps and union meetings and union representation too. They all know who everyone else is.

Is Blandino just cutting checks to refs that supposedly do his bidding? Do you have any evidence, or even third-hand conjecture that supports that?

Or are you making that part up, because you're conflating the referees, who hate the league office more now than they ever have - like Walt Anderson. I'm sure he enjoyed being painted in the Wells/Pash report as either a doddering old fool, or straight-up liar, right? - with the part of the league that actually DOES have it out for the Patriots?

The refs are not your enemy. They might be bad at their jobs, but **** no, they're not intentionally favoring one team over another, no.

That's Dolphins fan shit. That's the people who say the league FAVORS the Patriots. That Goodell, STILL, is in Kraft's pocket. Still! Like today! Go read Chefsplanet.

You're the same as that guy.

No thanks, man. :coffee:

If that's your stance with the refs why hasn't one of them uttered a word?

Let's have a lookey-loo at ole Walt, whom you mention.

The league painted him as the poster child in the whole DG mess. Did you record this? Did you do that? Which needle did you use? No that can't be true. It had to be this one. You know, for our numbers to fit.

Did he say anything?

One peep?

Would you have?

am I right in that the idiot who blew his whistle too fast was in his first game back after being taken out on the sideline?

not defending but I can understand the panic of a play coming at him. Like a WR going over the middle after being jacked up, you need to get that 1st hit to feel right.

If that's your stance with the refs why hasn't one of them uttered a word?

Let's have a lookey-loo at ole Walt, whom you mention.

The league painted him as the poster child in the whole DG mess. Did you record this? Did you do that? Which needle did you use? No that can't be true. It had to be this one. You know, for our numbers to fit.

Did he say anything?

One peep?

Would you have?

I would not have, because the only people who would care, now, a year later, would be a small segment of Patriots fans.

I'm not a player, I'm just an anonymous referee, who's been doing this job for a long time, and I know it will blow over. I want people to forget I had anything to do with that debacle. I don't want to make myself the story by calling out the league.

Lets see what he says a couple years after he retires.

am I right in that the idiot who blew his whistle too fast was in his first game back after being taken out on the sideline?

You are correct, sir. The demoted guy.

I would not have, because the only people who would care, now, a year later, would be a small segment of Patriots fans.

I'm not a player, I'm just an anonymous referee, who's been doing this job for a long time, and I know it will blow over. I want people to forget I had anything to do with that debacle. I don't want to make myself the story by calling out the league.

Lets see what he says a couple years after he retires.

You are correct, sir. The demoted guy.

Having had back n forth banter with you now thru hundreds of different threads since my join date let's just say I find it difficult to believe, at best, if you were being painted as the blundering old fool in the corner who can't remember which tool he used(yet can remember the pressure off the top of his head for 24 footballs FOR EACH SIDE to the TENTH of a psi) you'd take that finger pointing and mockery for anyone with an ounce of curiosity to read laying down.

Back