Will Troy Brown break the record against the Colts?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
He only needs two more catches to break it. Nice that it will probably come against the Colts:

Brown's 533 career catches -- and the record, when he gets it -- are as much a testament to his longevity as his ability. He is in his 14th NFL season, all with the Patriots, tying Steve Nelson and Bruce Armstrong for the second-longest tenure with the team. Only Steve Grogan, who toiled in Foxborough for 16 years, has worn the uniform longer.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/10/31/for_brown_its_two_to_go/

Absolutely....and perfect timing too.

Just what the Colts need....something else to get the Foxboro faithful to be even louder.

:thumb:

#1Patsfan_chica on 11-02-2006 at 11:49 AM said:
I hope so. Troy can get 2 catches.

I think he will break the record. What better place than at home?

Troy will break the record but it will only be a big deal to us (or at least me) if the Pats are winning or tied at the time.

The Pats will do nothing to try to ensure that he breaks it, however. It will happen if and only if Troy is open 2 times and Brady sees him, which I expect to be the case.

A TD or two would indeed be nice.

I CANNOT wait for this game. I'm as distracted as I am before playoff games.

What better way to ascend to the top than at home against theColts ? Now will the team or players give much of a damn about that record during the game ? No not at all. They'll all smile for a few seconds and slap him on the back and then get back to what they're doing.

For the fans however it will be huge, and give them a huge burst of energy to slam the Colts with. Wouldn't surprise me if BB waits to use that moment in case the Colts get ahead and the crowd starts quieting down. Then boom Troy breaks the record and the crowd goes bersek again !

Man I really wish I had tickets to this game! Instead I'll have my own lil celebration at home :) Every week I have been counting down with each catch I am SUPER excited!!!!!!

Troy Brown- future HOFer, Patriots all-time leading receiver.

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

I think he'll have at least 2 catches!

Maybe he'll also have 2 int's or 2 td passes....

Or 2 punt returns for td's

gettin' gready!

Undertaker #59 on 11-02-2006 at 04:44 PM said:
He only needs two more catches to break it. Nice that it will probably come against the Colts:

Brown's 533 career catches -- and the record, when he gets it -- are as much a testament to his longevity as his ability. He is in his 14th NFL season, all with the Patriots, tying Steve Nelson and Bruce Armstrong for the second-longest tenure with the team. Only Steve Grogan, who toiled in Foxborough for 16 years, has worn the uniform longer.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/10/31/for_brown_its_two_to_go/

NO DOUBT, and what a team to do it against. I hope at least one of them goes for a Touchdown, Sweeten it abit for him....

Nice to See that its not ALL about Money with some players!!!

:patriots: :pat: :patriots:

Steve1 on 11-02-2006 at 04:24 PM said:
I think he'll have at least 2 catches!

Maybe he'll also have 2 int's or 2 td passes....

Or 2 punt returns for td's

gettin' gready!

You're getting me excited!!!!! :Ohbaby:

I only hope that when he does break it that announcers reflect back on how great Stanley Morgan was also.

Pats Fanatic on 11-02-2006 at 06:12 PM said:
I only hope that when he does break it that announcers reflect back on how great Stanley Morgan was also.

And then I can only hope the announcers educate the fans on how great Jim Colclough and Gino Cappolletti (receiver) were....

He WILL break the record this week.

So, let it be written-so let it be done.

And I hope the annoucers keep their mouths shut and let us enjoy the moment.

Fat chance of that!

stephenju on 11-02-2006 at 06:31 PM said:
Does his last catch from Bledsoe count? :)

PS. First post here. Hi guys.
Sorry, interceptions don't count.
:D

BTW, Welcome to the Planet.
:thumb:
________
volcano review

They bring Childress up to be the extra DB, he gets the interceptions Vince Wilfork misses.

Troy breaks the record. He also throws a TD to Vrabel and makes the key block on a Heath Evans TD run.

Back