Woodhead's post game conference AKA SIGN THIS BEAST UP NOW

<<
if mankin leaves and NEAL IS DONE YOU NEED A GUARD
>>

2 x 1st rounders, 2 x 2nd rounders, 2 x 3rd rounders plus assorted lower round picks. I think they can manage a guard in there if need be.

I think BB will have a lot of options on what to take in the next draft. As long as he takes a real pass rusher with one of the first 4 picks I'll be happy.

The NFP's Matt Bowen on Woodhead:

I like this guy more and more every time I watch him play. He can break tackles, catch the ball out of the backfield and has very good vision—and lateral movement—in the open field. An ideal fit for the New England offense where he can work out of the gun, in the dot position as a single back and as part of the screen and draw package. Add in the fact that he covers kicks—which most of Belichick’s players do—and we are looking at a solid football player. One that didn’t come from the SEC, Pac-Ten, Big 10, etc. Something to think about when the NFL Combine rolls around in February.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-post-game-notes-late-kickoffs-5548.html

<<
if mankin leaves and NEAL IS DONE YOU NEED A GUARD
>>

2 x 1st rounders, 2 x 2nd rounders, 2 x 3rd rounders plus assorted lower round picks. I think they can manage a guard in there if need be.

I think BB will have a lot of options on what to take in the next draft. As long as he takes a real pass rusher with one of the first 4 picks I'll be happy.

I'd be very happy with 2 front 7 players who are legitimate pass rushers. Oh, and maybe another CB.

<<
Heh, yup. The dude looks about 17.
>>

I forget which one of the CSNNE shows they were calling him Frodo on but he's got that nickname on at least one of them.

Look at the 1st round RBs taken in the past 2 drafts:

- Knowshon Moreno, Georgia. #13 in 2009. Made of glass.
- Donald Brown, Connecticut. #27 in 2009. Looks like another LoMo.
- Beanie Wells, Ohio St. #31 in 2009. Always dinged up, hasn't done much.
- CJ Spiller, Clemson. #9 in 2010. An electric playmaker, but he really hasn't produced all that much, and is out injured.
- Ryan Mathews, Fresno St. #12 in 2010. San Diego traded #28 and 40 to move up for this guy, who hasn't done much.
- Jahvid Best, Cal. #31 in 2010. Another electric playmaker, but he's slowed down and has been banged up.

Not a lot to show for those picks so far. Some of these guys will turn out to be good players, but there are so many solid RBs available later in the draft.

I would love to see us add a RB in free agency (Ronnie Brown or Pierre Thomas would be my picks) and a mid/late round guy in the draft (Roy Helu or Bilal Powell, for example). Combine those guys with Law Firm and Woody and we would have a really good group of backs.

^This

Conversely look at the RB's in the league who are making solid contributions to their teams (obviously BJGE and Woodhead belong here) & even tearing up the league :
Arian Foster - UDFA
LaGarrette Blount - UDFA
Fred Jackson - UDFA
Peyton Hillis - 7th round
Mike Tolbert - UDFA
Chris Ivory - UDFA

^This

Conversely look at the RB's in the league who are making solid contributions to their teams (obviously BJGE and Woodhead belong here) & even tearing up the league :
Arian Foster - UDFA
LaGarrette Blount - UDFA
Fred Jackson - UDFA
Mike Tolbert - UDFA
Chris Ivory - UDFA

That guy won't amount to anythin'.:coffee:

^This

Arian Foster - UDFA
LaGarrette Blount - UDFA
Fred Jackson - UDFA
Mike Tolbert - UDFA
Chris Ivory - UDFA

Not to mention:

Pierre Thomas - UDFA
Ahmad Bradshaw - 7th round
Ryan Grant - UDFA

Bill Belichick is one of the best in the NFL at creating a meritocracy. Players no that they have an equal chance of competing regardless of where the were drafted, or if they were drafted. Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, BJGE, Mike Wright, Brandon Deaderick, Gary Guyton, Dane Fletcher, Pierre Woods, Sergio Brown, Jarrad Page, Kyle Arrington. Lots of contributors.

In his MMQB column, Peter King noted: "The more I see of Fred Jackson, the more I wonder why the Bills didn't give him the starting job and 300 carries a year about two years ago."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/5.html

Instead the Bills went out and drafted a specialty back with the #9 pick in the draft. I don't think that would have happened with BB.

Jets fans still trying to justify the release and success of Woodhead by calling him simply an average player that's a product of the Pats system :lame:

It's killing them and they can't admit it. Well, some of them can but take a beating for it

I wish the Bucs would play the Steelers this year so Blount could draw from his college days and "Seymour" the rapist after the game.

I'd be careful before signing him to a long-term deal. He's small and has only a few games under his belt. He's done well, but I want to see more before guaranteeing big money to a guy like that.

I agree, though, he's a perfect Patriot.

I'd be careful before signing him to a long-term deal. He's small and has only a few games under his belt. He's done well, but I want to see more before guaranteeing big money to a guy like that.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

You want to give this guy a signing bonus and guaranteed money already? I'd wait until at minimum the end of this season before even thinking about it. I want to see how his body type holds up after more than 5 games. They need to sign Welker to a long term deal before signing Woodhead.

Something tells me the Jets will regretting letting this guy go for years to come. The same way the Fins have regretted letting Welker get away.
Why would they regret it? They released him to re-sign Clowney. Oh yeah, wait....
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I agree, though, he's a perfect Patriot.

This kid came in here and took the field for a TD on virtually his 1st play with the Patriots. He's been producing ever since, not only with the ball in his hands but blocking and tackling. He plays with heart, he's smart, and yeah, he might get injured along the way. So what? He is the perfect player here, he's versatile and executes every time. It's not like he's a rookie - he played a year or two in NY.

I wouldn't skip a beat in re-signing him to a deal, long term, for what he deserves.

Back