Would BB trade Brady right now if

brady's getting old and stale & bb may have hardening of the arteries or is it just dementia? We haven't won shit since 2004 & that was before brady's prime. So now what, you want brady to stink up the stadium that bledsoe built and hang around like farve did?

rofl....

But that other older guy with around 1600 neck surgeries and an abnormally sized forehead is going strong as ever.

I'm not quite buying the ageism talk, yet.

There are outliers for sure. Warren Moon was one. Favre, too. PManning may be one but let's see how he does in another year or 2 before we say that for sure. Brady may be an outlier and all we're seeing now is due to injury.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/08/how-quarterbacks-age.html

http://www.footballperspective.com/quarterback-age-curves/

http://overthecap.com/age-and-the-success-of-the-nfl-qb/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/05/age-of-decline-qb/

Just seems to be a very limited sample to work with, statistically speaking, to determine the true window of regression. At least in my opinion. The NFL hasn't had that many QB's playing at a very high level over a long period of time.

Just seems to be a very limited sample to work with, statistically speaking, to determine the true window of regression. At least in my opinion. The NFL hasn't had that many QB's playing at a very high level over a long period of time.

That's because years ago most NFL QB's wouldn't last long from being hit so often.

That's because years ago most NFL QB's wouldn't last long from being hit so often.

But this doesn't address the issue of a small sample size at all. Those numbers make it hard to say anything meaningful about the dropoff of the QB position in terms of age.

Is there an age at which a player is no longer eligible for practice squad? If not I'll give you guys a half eaten bag of airline peanuts to have Brady run our scout team.

But that other older guy with around 1600 neck surgeries and an abnormally sized forehead is going strong as ever.

I'm not quite buying the ageism talk, yet.

Oddly enough, a lot of people were talking about Father Time with Manning back in 2010, when he'd only had one surgery for a pinched nerve.

Then, the onslaught of neck surgeries and the missed season and nobody talks about it anymore.

Actually if we could just borrow Brady to have Vontea Davis prepare against each week that would be swell.

Oddly enough, a lot of people were talking about Father Time with Manning back in 2010, when he'd only had one surgery for a pinched nerve.

Then, the onslaught of neck surgeries and the missed season and nobody talks about it anymore.

Yeah its the common talk when a player is playing bad. I remember that in 2010 when manning lost a few guys on offense and his oline was struggling he threw a ton of picks in a 3 week period and all of the sudden he was too old to play anymore...its a common thing for fans to try and guess things...I usually leave up to the people who actually know whats going on.

I'm sure the Colts will be hanging a banner in honor of beating Manning in the regular season. It can say "most wins against Peyton Manning in the regular season by a consistently under-achieving franchise". ;)

Yeah its the common talk when a player is playing bad. I remember that in 2010 when manning lost a few guys on offense and his oline was struggling he threw a ton of picks in a 3 week period and all of the sudden he was too old to play anymore...its a common thing for fans to try and guess things...I usually leave up to the people who actually know whats going on.

And then they traded him for the next big thing, a young man named Luck

I'm sure the Colts will be hanging a banner in honor of beating Manning in the regular season. It can say "most wins against Peyton Manning in the regular season by a consistently under-achieving franchise". ;)

:stirpot::coffee::jester:

Manning wasn't traded, he was released. Then they went 2-14 (or whatever it was), which will never happen in NE. We will never get a QB of Luck's caliber without sucking up the joint in just the right year.

No shit, manning missed a season so the colts could tank the season and the trade off reward was a #1 over all pick Luck

I think you need some valium.

It's just a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

They did not trade Manning. Also...speaking of week to week, this next big thing scored 9 points against the chargers last week....now, he is the greatest ever....When Luck rattles off some playoff wins let me know.

What, you don't think they tanked that season?

I think they sucked that season. I mean you couldn't really expect them to win more than a couple of games with the shit-show they had going on at QB. Kerry Collins? Curtis Painter? Didn't Orlovsky play, too?

I don't really think that they were trying to lose, no. I realize I may be in the minority on that thinking, but it is what it is.

Back