Yannick Ngakoue accuses Richie Incognito

subroc

Interested Observer
Reaction score
Jags' Yannick Ngakoue accuses Bills' Richie Incognito of using racial slurs during game

Do you believe it happened?

These games are so recorded now that if it happened there should be evidence.

If it did happen, should Incognito be banned for life?

If it didn't happen, should Ngakoue be suspended for a year?

link

Jags' Yannick Ngakoue accuses Bills' Richie Incognito of using racial slurs during game

Do you believe it happened?

These games are so recorded now that if it happened there should be evidence.

If it did happen, should Incognito be banned for life?

If it didn't happen, should Ngakoue be suspended for a year?

link
Richie shouldn't have said that. It's okay for a football player to get under an opponent's skin by saying his mother blows donkeys or his pre-teen daughter is a crack whore, but never call an Irishman a Mick or a Pakistani a Paki. Those are horrible and unacceptable things to say in today's enlightened age.

I find it difficult at best any of Richie’s teammates are going to go back to the huddle with him with no issues...

Richie got banged up and McCoy came on the field to talk to him as he walked off the field - Team mates seem to love this guy.

something happened there were multiple times the ref walked all the way to the bench and got into heated convo with Incognito during the TV timeouts. I was wondering what was going on when I saw the ref coming over there.

Richie shouldn't have said that. It's okay for a football player to get under an opponent's skin by saying his mother blows donkeys or his pre-teen daughter is a crack whore, but never call an Irishman a Mick or a Pakistani a Paki. Those are horrible and unacceptable things to say in today's enlightened age.

Interesting.

We are discussing a racist incident between a white and a black with the black being the target. Somehow, you felt comfortable using an Irish or Pakistani slur as an example yet didn't use the black slur.

Anyway, I have yet to see what was actually said (if anything) and I looked a few places. NFL films and the network must be scouring their film and field mic system for evidence. We will know soon enough.

If you know or have a link feel free to post the quote.

I find it difficult at best any of Richie’s teammates are going to go back to the huddle with him with no issues...

His teammates love him. He is lower than dirt on many levels but they love him.

Interesting.

We are discussing a racist incident between a white and a black with the black being the target. Somehow, you felt comfortable using an Irish or Pakistani slur as an example yet didn't use the black slur.
The blowback from people who didn't understand the difference between saying a slur while discussing it, and using a slur as an insult isn't worth enunciating it. Besides, I'm sure the forum would asterisk it out. But if it makes you feel better, I'll type it out for you: "do you know if Richie said ******? The point of mine was that people are okay with some unacceptable (to me) terms (you mother/daughter blah blah whatever) and calling someone a *** or a *****.

I don't condone any of it, I just see a difference between speaking publicly and engaging in a yelling match one-on-one with a man who is trying to take out your knees, and can't work up enough shock and hysteria to care about two football players calling each other names.

And I think it embarrassing for a 300 pound, heavily muscled grown man to cry, "Wah. He called me a NAME!"

BTW, f you had posted this in the political thread where it belongs I wouldn't have seen it and offended you by not being shocked and outraged.

It's because the Irish don't get our panties all bunched up. :toast:
As someone whose grandmother was born in Cork, I feel qualified to say the Irish take insults the same way the Yankees did and the Patriots do: as acknowledgment by the jealous masses that we are superior to everyone else.

The idea that a man can be convicted of setting up an illegal dog fighting ring, domestic abuse, multiple counts of aggravated assault, or whatever else you want to come up with, and be welcomed back into the league with open arms (as they should be imho), but we would want to ban someone for LIFE for saying a naughty word which isn't even illegal, just ill advised, is hilarious to me in very sad and macabre ways.

For me it's a non-story. I don't care if he did or didn't say it. His teammates might, and as a result, he might face internal friction, which may or may not lead to something. The owner might, or might not, and consequences may or may not arise on that end. Certainly I don't think the league has any place being involved at all, but hey, "conduct detrimental" gives Goodell that unlimited power umbrella.

The blowback from people who didn't understand the difference between saying a slur while discussing it, and using a slur as an insult isn't worth enunciating it. Besides, I'm sure the forum would asterisk it out. But if it makes you feel better, I'll type it out for you: "do you know if Richie said ******? The point of mine was that people are okay with some unacceptable (to me) terms (you mother/daughter blah blah whatever) and calling someone a *** or a *****.

I don't condone any of it, I just see a difference between speaking publicly and engaging in a yelling match one-on-one with a man who is trying to take out your knees, and can't work up enough shock and hysteria to care about two football players calling each other names.

And I think it embarrassing for a 300 pound, heavily muscled grown man to cry, "Wah. He called me a NAME!"

BTW, f you had posted this in the political thread where it belongs I wouldn't have seen it and offended you by not being shocked and outraged.

I'll start with the last item first. This isn't political. It is a football issue. In case you haven't noticed, players have been using their football celebrity as well as football games to highlight charges of racism.

This, if it happened, would be a racist act.

As far as people being comfortable using certain words that are considered slur, I expect that all dependence on who you ask and if you are buying or selling.

Whatever happens on the field of play would be well served staying right there. That said, the new reality is highly charge, race sensitive media that sees a racist on every corner and any opportunity they have to indite him they do even if it isn't true.

Still waiting for the evidence.

I'll start with the last item first. This isn't political. It is a football issue. In case you haven't noticed, players have been using their football celebrity as well as football games to highlight charges of racism.

This, if it happened, would be a racist act.

As far as people being comfortable using certain words that are considered slur, I expect that all dependence on who you ask and if you are buying or selling.

Whatever happens on the field of play would be well served staying right there. That said, the new reality is highly charge, race sensitive media that sees a racist on every corner and any opportunity they have to indite him they do even if it isn't true.

Still waiting for the evidence.
This has nothing to do with the media. They didn't start it. Ngakuae tweeted it himself. Sports media has every right to pick up on it.

Incognito is an epic asshole, but this accusation feels like BS

Does it? Wasn't dropping slurs part of what got him in trouble during the bullying scandal?

IIRC didn't RI declare himself an honorary black? (I don't think that's how it works FTR)

Back