Your Take on the Optum Field Lounge

93North

19.2 Yard Average Per Catch. NFL Record
Reaction score
Personally, I think it is a stain on Gillette stadium. 15+ rows of hard-rooting fans have been replaced by a couple hundred club lounge -wannbe's

Even the Minutemen think it sucks because they have been moved to the North End Zone and where there are only there only a few sections because of the arch, underneath the bridge.

What's next? Turn the lighthouse into a private club for indoor rock climbing and juice bar?

Personally, I think it is a stain on Gillette stadium. 15+ rows of hard-rooting fans have been replaced by a couple hundred club lounge -wannbe's

Even the Minutemen think it sucks because they have been moved to the North End Zone and where there are only there only a few sections because of the arch, underneath the bridge.

What's next? Turn the lighthouse into a private club for indoor rock climbing and juice bar?

who care$, its Kraft'$ $tadium, its all about the $ and the lounge is just a more efficient way to $eparate $uckers from their money.

a stain on the stadium LOL.

Some cities build stadiums for NFL teams (which is close to a criminal misappropriation of public money to this observer).

Others charge "hard rooting" fans $10,000 for the right to buy tickets at a cost of $2,000 per year.

This team could be in St Louis, or Hartford or LA or London.

I can deal with these minor inconveniences as the price to pay for avoiding the above.

It certainly sucked that those fans were moved, including Mikie. But as others have stated, Kraft will do whatever is necessary to generate revenue.

What I don't understand is why anyone would want to go there. You have to be a season ticker member and then pay extra to get into the club (it would have cost me an additional $1500/ticket). The view is bad, everything in the club is more expensive and it leaves your regular seat open while you're in the club. I don't know anyone who spent the extra money to get in there.

http://www.patriots.com/tickets/field-lounge-faq

Yes it sucked for the fans moved. Kraft didn't use any public money to built (CMGI field)now Gillette stadium. It was all privately financed. Kraft wanted a field level party deck

What I don't understand is why anyone would want to go there. You have to be a season ticker member and then pay extra to get into the club (it would have cost me an additional $1500/ticket). The view is bad, everything in the club is more expensive and it leaves your regular seat open while you're in the club. I don't know anyone who spent the extra money to get in there.

I completely agree. to me that's just someone with too much money to spend wanting to be noticed.

He did it 'cuz the Jerrah did it in Dallas.

Some cities build stadiums for NFL teams (which is close to a criminal misappropriation of public money to this observer).

Others charge "hard rooting" fans $10,000 for the right to buy tickets at a cost of $2,000 per year.

This team could be in St Louis, or Hartford or LA or London.

I can deal with these minor inconveniences as the price to pay for avoiding the above.
Its a trade off. We used public money for our stadium and get the use of the convention center which is a major part of the downtown economy as a result.

You guys didn't so Kraft can do whatever the hell he wants to with the stadium.

It certainly sucked that those fans were moved, including Mikie. But as others have stated, Kraft will do whatever is necessary to generate revenue.

If the $1500 is too much, just remember that if you sign up for a 3 year membership, you get a discount, as then, it's only $1250 a year per person, (although remember, there's a 2 person minimum).

I hope now that you'll reconsider your decision.

:)

I calculated the per ticket and per membership costs and it's a wash.

A good quote from a boston.com article. http://www.boston.com/sports/column...ew_optum_field_lounge_is_optimal_insanit.html

"As for the seats being demolished; “Most of those seats were season ticket-holder seats, so we’re not taking away low-priced inventory and replacing it with high-priced inventory,”

I think the new Optim sponsorship is the "golden goose" in the deal. Otherwise, from a revenue perspective this is hard to understand.

Another theory I have is that the Krafts were having trouble selling the upper corners of the 300 level and by contracting the number of lower priced seats, they could force the hard core fans to pony up for season tix in the worst seats in the house.

I calculated the per ticket and per membership costs and it's a wash.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You have to buy BOTH the regular season ticket package AND club membership. It's not one or the other. So it's basically doubling the price. In fact, for me, it would be more than doubling.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You have to buy BOTH the regular season ticket package AND club membership. It's not one or the other. So it's basically doubling the price. In fact, for me, it would be more than doubling.

You are right, but I am considering the revenue lost by people having to give up those tickets versus the revenue gained from a lounge membership.

For you personally, it is doubling the price of your existing seat.

A relative has tickets and seems to be enjoying the area. Of course money is not a concern for him either.

I guess like anything else it is a novelty that will be full when the pats are the SB favorites but will be vacant if they ever fall to the Toilet Bowl level again.

A relative has tickets and seems to be enjoying the area. Of course money is not a concern for him either.

I guess like anything else it is a novelty that will be full when the pats are the SB favorites but will be vacant if they ever fall to the Toilet Bowl level again.

The move goes against Kraft values. Maybe Kraft has gotten so big that he has lost sight of what mattered to him years ago.

I remember reading an article in the Metrowest daily news that made me laugh so hard I had to show it to my wife (no way to link it it was a long time ago).

It was an interview with Jonathan Kraft and he talked about his Dad having season tickets at the 200 level in the original stadium. He said, that his family would go to temple on Sunday and then drive down to Foxborough. They rooted hard for the Patriots and watched the fans throw up. It was great!

You would think that sitting in that old dump of a stadium, Kraft would have a close connection to the working slobs that fill the NON-LUXURY areas of the stadium, the hard-core fans, who don't duck under cover at half-time, who continue to root throughout the game.

But, this Optim Club smacks of elitism and is a complete put down of the average fan.

I don't like it, nor do I like the message it sends.

Its a trade off. We used public money to enrich out drug addict ownerand get the use of the convention center which could have been built without the stadium for a fvkton lessis a major net loss for the downtown economy as a result.

You guys didn't so Kraft can do whatever the hell he wants to with the stadium.

ftfy

nice try bty enjoy enriching irsay, but i guess thats what you gotta do to keep the colts, there is precedent after-all. is mayflower movers still in business?

The move goes against Kraft values. Maybe Kraft has gotten so big that he has lost sight of what mattered to him years ago.

I remember reading an article in the Metrowest daily news that made me laugh so hard I had to show it to my wife (no way to link it it was a long time ago).

It was an interview with Jonathan Kraft and he talked about his Dad having season tickets at the 200 level in the original stadium. He said, that his family would go to temple on Sunday and then drive down to Foxborough. They rooted hard for the Patriots and watched the fans throw up. It was great!

You would think that sitting in that old dump of a stadium, Kraft would have a close connection to the working slobs that fill the NON-LUXURY areas of the stadium, the hard-core fans, who don't duck under cover at half-time, who continue to root throughout the game.

But, this Optim Club smacks of elitism and is a complete put down of the average fan.

LOL hook line and sinker Kraft is a money first guy always was and always will be, show me one time he took less money "for the fans"

It's easy to forget that Gillette is now 15 years old and is antiquated by today's standards. Compared to the palaces being built around the league, Gillette is becoming the equivalent of old Foxboro Stadium. Kraft is going to do what's needed to maximize his income potential within the limitations of Gillette.

Back