Gone for a few weeks after the Superbowl, nobody cared
:sulk:

SLOW ride through the mid-west at 70

Alot of people went missing after the Super Bowl.

We've got our stops planned. We leave Friday evening and will get into Missoula late Monday. I'll likely be watching the Pats/Chargers game in Rapid City, SD. Most of the route is I-90. We'll just keep making progress and will get there eventually.

Fortunately, the wife and I fly back (leaving the car with the daughter).

From December 8, 1995 to May 28, 1999 Montana's daytime automobile speed limits were "reasonable and prudent", according to interpretation by Highway Patrol officers. Fines were increased and motorists were advised to drive carefully according to existing weather and road conditions. American speed enthusiasts were delighted and the state's Interstate highways got a reputation as the Montanabahn. Congress was not amused, and neither were many Montana residents. With a little help in potential Federal funding restrictions, speed limits were restored. Montana's maximum speed limit is now 75 MPH on the Interstates

:coffee:

:lame:

Damn beat me, I was reading the article

Damn me for reading on teh internetz

No speed limit
On March 10, 1996,[72] a Montana patrolman issued a speeding ticket to a driver traveling at 85 mph (140 km/h) on a stretch of State Highway 200. The 50 year-old driver was operating a 1996 Camaro with fewer than 10,000 miles (16,000 km) on the odometer. Although the officer gave no opinion as to what would have been a reasonable speed, the driver was convicted. The driver appealed to the Montana Supreme Court. The Court reversed the conviction in case No. 97-486 on December 23, 1998; it held that a law requiring drivers to drive at a non-numerical "reasonable and proper" speed "is so vague that it violates the Due Process Clause ... of the Montana Constitution".

Effective May 28, 1999, as a result of that decision, the Montana Legislature established a posted speed limit of 75 mph. Official Montana Department of Transportation site

Nanny State

Where the mammy nuns?

I'll have my speed controls sitting in the passenger seat and the back seat. Both women in my life start shrieking about the time I hit 75.

75?? That's SLOW!

If I'm not going at least 80 on the highway on my way to and from school, I'm pissed off because there's probably some slow asshole in front of me.

75?? That's SLOW!

If I'm not going at least 80 on the highway on my way to and from school, I'm pissed off because there's probably some slow asshole in front of me.

Yeah, thats what she said too

images_sizedimage_163202600.jpg

I have a picture of me from Montana, urinating on Gen. Custer's memorial somewhere. :rolleyes:

Boy, you're betting an AWFUL lot on the hope that God ISN'T an old white guy, aren't you... ROFL

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

On Halloween, the first Trader Joe's in Rhode Island opened on Route 2 in Warwick.

Halle-#$^&in-lujah!! :bow: :clap: woohoo :thumb:

Something really effin' sucks. Can you figure it out? I will give you a hint...

Damnit, Bobby!

My orchid plant is blooming and I am stunned cause I killed two others before that people brought when they cam to dinner. They ae SOO gorgeous!

Also..what yardage does that penatly about covering up the center on FG attempts carry? 5 Yards?

Back