10 Post Mortems Before the Game is Actually Over

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
1. The fact that I'm not watching the last three minutes -- and I can't remember actually walking away from a Pats game before it was over, EVER -- is a reflection of just how disgusted I am with every phase of the Patriots game, personnel and coaching today.

2. Why Matthew Slater was returning a kick when he had been completely hammered earlier in the game is beyond me.

3. The "see, the Brady comparisons were ludicrous" story writes itself. Yeah, "I told you so" douche bags, we all get it. Brady is Brady and Cassel hasn't done shit yet. Hey, it was nice to dream. And it was nice to think that we could get a king's ransom for Cassel or have a nice hedge if Brady is still injured come next year.

4. To any Steelers trolls who come here to whoop it up: Get a life. Go party with your friends. Enjoy this. Coming to an opposing fan website to gloat is an indication of being one of the world's biggest kunts. Cottage chees, maggot infested, gaping, life sucking kunts. And invariably, you idiots will be here.

5. Randy Moss and Ben Watson and Jabar Gaffney, please return your game checks for that game.

6. Kevin Faulk, please demand a bonus because you are the only Patriot person who showed up today.

7. Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli: That little plan about replacing Asante Samuel with a cast of street free agents and rookies who can't make it onto the filed was an epic failure. The "let's let Givens go, play hard ball with Deion and mix amd match with rookies, street free agents and Troy Brown" plan looks freaking brilliant next to this.

8. Michigan Dave: You're one of the most knowledgeable fans I've seen on a message board, but you gotta admit, our defense totally sucks and no amount of coaching up is gonna change that. I get it, the turnovers and offense killed the team today and the defense actually did make some stops. But still, these guys REGULARLY give it up on 3rd and 10 or more. If someone ran the numbers on that over the last seveal games for shits and giggles, it would be UGLY.

9. The Jets better lose this game. Not because of the playoff hunt, as I really don't have much hope that the Pats will make it up or are capable of making noise if they do. But because Jets fans have been downright giddy for the last few weeks and it's getting really annoying.

10. If Hines Ward was drowing and I was in a position to save his life, I would seriously (as far as you know) have to think about it.

Bonus Thought: Thank heavens the Bruins and Celtics are arguably the best teams in their sports. Imagine if this was three years ago and we were left rooting for a miracle finish from the Pats and two pathetic winter teams.

3. Yup, the entire idea was pathetic. But really, TFB wasn't going to miraculously make guys catch easy passes.

4. The 'real' Pats demolished the Stillers last year. We imploded this game, but gloating is just too funny coming from a PIT fan.

5. Agreed.

6. AGREED.

7. Again, agreed. Need a serious focus on D in the draft next year (secondary plz!)

Good post.

defense stunk but how much can you expect from them with all the turnovers and dropped passes....a lot of dropped passes

defense took a hit but the offense really laid the egg in this one, not just Cassel but the WR position sucked dead monkey balls through a crazy straw

all that said I really hope Wes is OK?

3. Yup, the entire idea was pathetic. But really, TFB wasn't going to miraculously make guys catch easy passes.

4. The 'real' Pats demolished the Stillers last year. We imploded this game, but gloating is just too funny coming from a PIT fan.

you mean the real pats beat the steelers minus troy p, ryan clark and probowl d linemen arron smith? not to mention santonio holmes left the game after the first series last season....
lets not forget no lammar woodley last yr either , so ya ummm the real steelers are the ones with half thier defense not playing , is that the kinda teams you feel big and superior against?

chances are , marsha would have gotten his @ss handed to him today by harrison!

so basically the real steelers are the ones with anthony smith and tyrone carter starting at the ss and fs positions and no pass rush, so its nice and easy for marsha to throw deep?

you mean the real pats beat the steelers minus troy p, ryan clark and probowl d linemen arron smith? not to mention santonio holmes left the game after the first series last season....
lets not forget no lammar woodley last yr either , so ya ummm the real steelers are the ones with half thier defense not playing , is that the kinda teams you feel big and superior against?

Right, whats the Pats record against the Steelers since 2001...6 and 2ROFL

Nice to see your fiest post AFTER the game, gutless.

Excellent first post. Shouldn't you be in the bathroom jerking off with the rest of the male population of Pittsburgh?

Excellent first post. Shouldn't you be in the bathroom jerking off with the rest of the male population of Pittsburgh?

But Lisa, he would have posted if the Steelers lostROFL

no because for me this was a hohum game all week and as boring as one could possibly be, I knew the pats were a joke by looking at who they beat. when they played decent defenses like the bolts and colts it was a joke.

this was as boring a week as playing the bengals the week before....

hell, the pats were not gonna be better then 11-5 with brady behind that crap line and sure as hell were not gonna be much competition without him this yr.

no because for me this was a hohum game all week and as boring as one could possibly be, I knew the pats were a joke by looking at who they beat. when they played decent defenses like the bolts and colts it was a joke.

this was as boring a week as playing the bengals the week before....

hell, the pats were not gonna be better then 11-5 with brady behind that crap line and sure as hell were not gonna be much competition without him this yr.

translation: i was nervous all week that the steelers would blow this game so i didnt show up until victory was assured.

this is football toots....:lame:

So you're saying anything goes? Cuz weren't you all bandwagoning on the cheater thing last year, all year, endlessly?

Whatever....and just so you know, DON'T EVER PHUCKING CALL ME TOOTS AGAIN, AND DON'T EVER TELL ME I'M LAME, you chickenshit troll who only shows up at a message board after your lame-ass quarterback managed to hold onto the ball for most of a game for, what, the FIRST TIME THIS SEASON?

Back