2020 Draft

You read all that then pause.

And imagine.

Our TEs were worse.

Yeah I did not even factor them in, but I think that was a given. Also yeah I know Edelman had many injuries, Sanu was hurt and Harry had only a few games under his belt and did show signs at times he could be a player, but the fact is, it was a very weak part of our team. Hopefully the players they brought in can help with that and people can get healthy. One thing on Sanu. I am not saying he cant help, but one thing to consider, when he was in atlanta, he was opposite one of the best receivers if not the best in the league, so lets just say he was not getting paid attention to very often so he was probably a bit more opened up there.

The Pats signed Demaryius Thomas, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Lance Kendricks, ben watson, antonio brown, traded for sanu & gordon, & drafted ryan izzo, NKeal Harry & Braxton Berrios. You want to criticize the moves, fine. But don't say they didn't try & address WR & the TE position last year.
There will be more moves; BB isn't done.

The Pats signed Demaryius Thomas, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Lance Kendricks, ben watson, antonio brown, traded for sanu & gordon, & drafted ryan izzo, NKeal Harry & Braxton Berrios. You want to criticize the moves, fine. But don't say they didn't try & address WR & the TE position last year.

I dont remember saying who tried or didnt try. I said what it was at the end was not good. I don't blame the coaches. I dont really blame anyone, just saying what it was. Its really possible for something to not be good on a football team. By all accounts it wasnt. Does not mean its done, it does not mean it can never be goodt just means what I said. When a team has issues in an area, its never 1 or 2 players, its all an accumulation of things. We have a cap, not everything is going to be perfect all the time. 2013, it was actually worse. It happens, thats it

I dont remember saying who tried or didnt try. I said what it was at the end was not good. I don't blame the coaches. I dont really blame anyone, just saying what it was. Its really possible for something to not be good on a football team. By all accounts it wasnt. Does not mean its done, it does not mean it can never be goodt just means what I said. When a team has issues in an area, its never 1 or 2 players, its all an accumulation of things. We have a cap, not everything is going to be perfect all the time. 2013, it was actually worse. It happens, thats it

I don't remember my comment regarding the additions cited above being directed at you.

I don't remember my comment regarding the additions cited above being directed at you.

I was part of the crew that said the receiving corp was not good, and I couldnt find anyone saying nobody tried to get receivers here. If you needed it directed at someone, there are probably better ways to do it.
If you make a few posts about something and your direction on it, and I make a post right after about it, and do not direct it to anyone, I think you might assume it was in response to your posts. With that said, sorry for my misunderstanding.

I was part of the crew that said the receiving corp was not good, and I couldnt find anyone saying nobody tried to get receivers here. If you needed it directed at someone, there are probably better ways to do it.
If you make a few posts about something and your direction on it, and I make a post right after about it, and do not direct it to anyone, I think you might assume it was in response to your posts. With that said, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Back in the days of Watergate, that might have passed as a non-apology apology.

Cheers

If you really think that our receiving corp was good, I am done having any discussion with you

You want to say injuries, you bet, no doubt, but to say the receiver corp was fine? I'm done.

Thank you so much for letting me have an opinion that doesn't align with your opinion and promising not to go berserk anymore when I post.

Thank you so much for letting me have an opinion that doesn't align with your opinion and promising not to go berserk anymore when I post.

I have no issue at all with you having an opinion on something. My opinion is no more important than yours.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Back in the days of Watergate, that might have passed as a non-apology apology.

Cheers

It was. lol . Its a message board, nobody was looking at anyone when a post was made.

I want to point out that Michigan is the new Rutgers with respect to the Pats drafting. Winovich last year and 3 more this year - Uche, Asiasi who transferred from Mich. to UCLA and Onwenu. Maybe it has something to do with Ben McDaniels, Josh's brother, being an offensive coach at Michigan. Hope it works out for us but, damn, Ben, why couldn't you be at Clemson or LSU?

Here's a good, short explanation for Uche's limited snaps. I touched on it before, but this does a great job of providing a quick summary:

The problem with Michigan's defense against Ohio State the last two years was pretty simple: they didn't have the dynamic defensive tackles they had in 2016 and 2017 and had to weaken other parts of the defense to compensate for it. In 2018 they couldn't generate pressure versus single-man blocking with Kemp and Mone, giving Dwayne Haskins time to sit in the pocket and OSU's receivers and backs time to shake defenders who weren't designed to last that long against elite speed. In 2019 they couldn't hold up physically with Kemp and true freshman Chris Hinton, and got pasted with Inside Zone and Duo until the linebackers stopped acting responsibly. It also forced Michigan to leave Josh Uche, one of their best players, on the bench for standard downs because they needed their DEs to play interior gaps. As we've said before, that was a "we need DTs" problem not a "why aren't you playing him?" problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

We’re going to see if Stidham has the tools and how his decision making progresses. If everything looks impressive Bill will likely stand pat. If not, keep an eye on this guy with a 1st:

28 passing TDs
0 interceptions

14 rushing TDs

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...terback-trey-lance-2021-quarterback-prospect/

NDSU quarterback Trey Lance has first-round upside in 2021 | PFN

April 17, 2020
The 2021 NFL Draft has some very intriguing names atop its quarterback class. It starts with Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence and Ohio State’s Justin Fields, but neither will be as interesting to watch as NDSU quarterback Trey Lance. Lance had arguably the most impressive statistical season of any quarterback last year, in any collegiate division. Yes, a year potentially more impressive than even that of Joe Burrow. Not only does Lance possess elite production, but he also has dominant physical tools. He might be an under-the-radar prospect right now, but I trust once the 2020 NFL Draft concludes, people will start to take notice. This is my declaration now: If Lance declares for the 2021 NFL Draft, expect him to be a first-round selection.

PFN launches 2021 Mock Draft Simulator!
Although the 2021 draft season is almost a year away, it is never too early to start building your favorite team with future draft prospects. The PFN Mock Draft Simulator has been updated to include over 350 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft Class. Choose your speed, trade all you want (for free), and put together a winning draft class for your favorite team! Click here to enter the simulator!
NDSU quarterback Trey Lance

Pros

Size: At 6’3″, 225 pounds, Lance is well built and possesses a thick frame. Possessing extra muscle on his frame which is excellent for his play style, he needs a more filled out body to avoid injuries as a mobile quarterback. Ideally, he’d be a bit taller, but that’s really just splitting hairs.

Athletic Ability: Lance is an explosive athlete who’s fresh off a 1,000-yard rushing season. NDSU indulged in Lance’s rushing ability, specifically on QB draw plays, where it felt like they scored on every other play. Expect athleticism to be a massive calling card for Lance, as his athletic ability rivals that of Justin Fields.

Arm Strength: He possesses above-average arm strength, and can push the ball down the field in all areas. His arm isn’t on the level of Trevor Lawrence but rivals most of the other top passers in the class. He should have no issues making NFL-level throws.

Arm Accuracy: One of my favorite parts about Lance’s game is accuracy at all levels. If he misses, he does have a tendency of missing high, but he’s very good at giving his receivers catchable balls. You can’t have a 67 percent completion percentage if you have poor accuracy.

Decision Making: Lance has off-the-charts decision making and football IQ. He threw for 28 touchdowns and zero interceptions last year. That’s an unheard of ratio, at any level of football. He’s aggressive with the ball but avoids turnovers. This is an elite skill to have, especially considering last year was his first year as a starter.

Cons

Competition: Similar to a number of his FCS predecessors, Lance will have the work cut out for him. Players who come from lower-level schools rarely get the attention and respect they deserve. I believe that Lance is already comfortably entrenched in the QB2 race, and if Lawrence was to struggle this season, Lance could also be in consideration for QB1 with a big year. However, I worry that, because he plays at NDSU, some may not even give him a fair shot at the QB2 title.

Eligibility: This isn’t technically a con against him. Lance was redshirted his first year at NDSU, and so last year was his first year as a starter, and he was a redshirt freshman. It’s pretty uncommon for an FCS player to leave school as a redshirt sophomore. However, Lance isn’t a common player. That said, some are dubious to the thought of him declaring in 2021.

Former FCS quarterbacks

In the modern draft era, only three quarterbacks from the FCS level have been selected with a first-round pick. The first was Steve McNair, who was selected with the third overall pick in 1995 out of Alcorn State. The second was Joe Flacco out of Delaware in 2008; he was selected with the 18th pick in the first round. The third was former NDSU quarterback Carson Wentz, who was taken second overall in 2016. All of these players found great success in the NFL, which is a good sign for Lance.

One thing these three passers had in common was their arm talent. All had great arms that projected well to the NFL. Lance may have the weakest arm of the group, but he’s comfortably the best athlete of the group. With the way the game of football has evolved, this should be an overall benefit to Lance.

2020 Season Prediction

Lance has already put together one of the most dominant quarterback seasons in college football history, but now all eyes will be on him, to see how and if he can duplicate this production. The safe bet would be on him not being able to. It’s hard to imagine Lance going back-to-back seasons starting every game and not throwing an interception. If he can improve some of his other statistics though, like total passing yards and passing touchdowns, then a few interceptions shouldn’t impact his stock much at all.

Considering Lance now has an extra year of experience under his belt, I do expect to see a slight increase in his total production, but that will include some interceptions. I also don’t expect him to be so dominant as a rusher now that teams will be more keen on slowing his legs down.

Passing Predictions: 210 for 325 (66 percent), 3,200 yards, 32 TD, 5 INT

Rushing Predictions: 150 carries, 800 yards, 5.33 yards per carry, 12 TD

Overview

Lance is already a polarizing prospect. Despite being an FCS player, he has a very real chance to become a first-round selection, and I believe he can be drafted as high as top-five in 2020. He’s a strong blend of size and excellent athletic ability, who’s already a competent passer with strong decision making, accuracy, and a good arm. Coming from the FCS will raise concerns in the eyes of some, but Lance is already the best passer in the entire FCS — an impressive feat considering last year was his redshirt freshman season. Expect teams to fall in love with Lance’s production and upside.

I want to point out that Michigan is the new Rutgers with respect to the Pats drafting. Winovich last year and 3 more this year - Uche, Asiasi who transferred from Mich. to UCLA and Onwenu. Maybe it has something to do with Ben McDaniels, Josh's brother, being an offensive coach at Michigan. Hope it works out for us but, damn, Ben, why couldn't you be at Clemson or LSU?

Stidham might be giving BB some heads up on his favorite college teammates... :shrug_n:

Back