2020 - Playoff Thread

It's a bit early, but we can track movements up and down the likely fixtures week by week.

If the season ended now, this is what we'd get with the new 7 teams per conference format. Only 1st seed gets the bye. Some intriguing matchups, in the AFC I think our Buffalo pals would be a bit nervous going up against the Browns. Which is some statement to make.

Annotation 2020-12-01 162622.jpg

Cam (unless another QB he likes better suddenly becomes available for up to $15M/), drafts a QB in Rnd 1, signs a FA mid tier WR (Marvin Jones/Corey Davis/Will Fuller), drafts a WR in rnd 2, signs TE Hunter Henry, signs a FA DT and MLB, and drafts a MLB and DT/EDGE (Big Vince type) in 4th or 5th. No S in the 2nd. No FA signings before the 4-5th day unless it's a QB he wants. I'm good. As far as our own FAs go, no one is safe but the OL FAs are close to safe. Thuney is gone if his demands are too high. JE11 comes back for at least training camp to see if he still wants it. I'm happily expecting more turnover than usual with our FAs.

Strangely comfortable heading into this.
I don't blame you. It's basically a bye. The Browns only beat 1 team with a winning record all year, and sure, it was the Steelers, but it was while the starters were resting. Now you've seen their best, and can gameplan around it, meaning they need to come up with plan B and plan C. Conversely, they've not seen your best, they've seen what you look like if all the starters go down. You can roll out with Plan A no problem since it hasn't been revealed yet.

The Browns also historically overachieved this year by a lot of metrics. By DVOA, they were something like the 3rd highest overperformers (in terms of final record vs expected wins based on performance) in NFL history. This is of course not to mention them being without 5 players. Whatever the point spread, it's not high enough. I expect Pittsburgh to win that game by 10 or more.

Cam (unless another QB he likes better suddenly becomes available for up to $15M/), drafts a QB in Rnd 1, signs a FA mid tier WR (Marvin Jones/Corey Davis/Will Fuller), drafts a WR in rnd 2, signs TE Hunter Henry, signs a FA DT and MLB, and drafts a MLB and DT/EDGE (Big Vince type) in 4th or 5th. No S in the 2nd. No FA signings before the 4-5th day unless it's a QB he wants. I'm good. As far as our own FAs go, no one is safe but the OL FAs are close to safe. Thuney is gone if his demands are too high. JE11 comes back for at least training camp to see if he still wants it. I'm happily expecting more turnover than usual with our FAs.

Mike Reiss gives his opinions on current Pats FAs - who is back and who is not.

Broadcasters once again talking about Rivers as a "future hall of famer", which I totally disagree with. He's not even a top 5 QB of his generation, he's accomplished nothing of note, and going by the metric of "can the story of the game of football of his era be told in full without mentioning him", absolutely he doesn't deserve a place in there. The idea that every franchise QB gets in while folks like Richard Seymour struggle to get the recognition they deserve for the impact they had on the game is so frustrating to me. Whatever, no matter what the broadcasters say they don't have a vote any more than I do.

As far as the game, the Colts special teams seems way better than the Bills, but the Bills offense is better than the Colts. So far it's looking like that overall favors the Bills but it remains to be seen. Good game up to this point.

Oh, man... As much as I am jealous of how the Steelers churn out one Pro Bowl WR after the next, at the same time, I also understand why BB would rather try and convert front door greeters from Walmart into WR's than deal with these idiot divas.

Well, that and the fact he sucks at drafting them, anyway.
Pittsburgh is willing to draft them more...so, more of a possiblility to hit on them when you take more chances on the position.

Back