2020 - Playoff Thread

It's a bit early, but we can track movements up and down the likely fixtures week by week.

If the season ended now, this is what we'd get with the new 7 teams per conference format. Only 1st seed gets the bye. Some intriguing matchups, in the AFC I think our Buffalo pals would be a bit nervous going up against the Browns. Which is some statement to make.

Annotation 2020-12-01 162622.jpg

I agree.

Is Tom a better coach than BB? Nope. Is he better than Bruce? Maybe lol.

If Arians is humble enough to realize that Tom's 20+ year career and experience with BB makes him a coaching asset, then it only makes sense to give him room to run with it in the locker room. BB likely needed Tom to be a leader but not a coach. I don't see how that's a criticism of BB though. I assume most coaches aren't letting their QBs coach their offenses.

I agree.

Is Tom a better coach than BB? Nope. Is he better than Bruce? Maybe lol.

If Arians is humble enough to realize that Tom's 20+ year career and experience with BB makes him a coaching asset, then it only makes sense to give him room to run with it in the locker room. BB likely needed Tom to be a leader but not a coach. I don't see how that's a criticism of BB though. I assume most coaches aren't letting their QBs coach their offenses.
I don't think Arians was implying that Brady was coaching from the sideline but more his work the young players which Arians has mentioned multiple times this year. He said it was like having a second coach and that he appreciated it because the players respond to him so well.

That all being said, this team is 100 percent Brady's team. He changed the culture, changed the attitude, etc. This level of success is all him.

I don't think Arians was implying that Brady was coaching from the sideline but more his work the young players which Arians has mentioned multiple times this year. He said it was like having a second coach and that he appreciated it because the players respond to him so well.
I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying that Arians suggesting BB should have let Tom coach more ignores the fact that BB is in another league than Arians. Who knows, maybe Tom could have helped BB but it's not apples to apples.

I'll give Arians credit for taking the help where he needs it though, but acting like BB should have done the same is pretty hilarious.

I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying that Arians suggesting BB should have let Tom coach more ignores the fact that BB is in another league than Arians. Who knows, maybe Tom could have helped BB but it's not apples to apples.

I'll give Arians credit for taking the help where he needs it though, but acting like BB should have done the same is pretty hilarious.
A great coach is one that recognizes the talents of his players and let's them display those talents to help the team. Bill is far from infallible. I think this year has taught us that in spades.

I said that in earlier post, that great QBs bring an X-Factor that can lift all players. Peyton did it with the Donks as I said.

What is undeniable is that the Bucs have far greater offensive weapons than NE and Tom is making the most of them. Surely that is not up for debate.....

A great coach is one that recognizes the talents of his players and let's them display those talents to help the team. Bill is far from infallible. I think this year has taught us that in spades.

We all have different perspectives. I think he showed this year what a superior coach he is considering how bad this team was. Getting 7 wins out of this team considering all the obstacles is quite a feat, but since he has 8 SBs in his resume, this will go down as just a side note.

It deteriorated at the end. One of the reasons Brady left and went to Tampa was because he would have more control over the offense. I found this tweets from Gary Meyers from back in the off-season. Pretty telling.

View: https://twitter.com/GaryMyersNY/status/1259880879813525507

View: https://twitter.com/GaryMyersNY/status/1259880880753053697

So you would have liked Tom to have more of a coaching role last season? And what would Tom the coach have been able to achieve exactly with the poor offensive roster?

So you would have liked Tom to have more of a coaching role last season? And what would Tom the coach have been able to achieve exactly with the poor offensive roster?
I don't think it was all one thing or the other. Clearly it was a combo - no contract extension, poor roster, less input on the game plans, etc.

I suppose it is pretty obvious as Tampa has given him all those things and more. That is why they are in the NFCCG now. And Kudos for Arians for putting his pride aside and letting Tom do his thing. Most HCs would never do that but he recognized what he has in Brady and let him have more control and it has paid off big time.

well yes, he's won games this year...i mean he has 0 rings as a hc. he did get to the playoffs with carson mediocre/overrated palmer too though.

Brady has been getting all the credit for this season. Deservedly so. Arians waited way too long to switch the offense to Brady's bread and butter plays.

That all being said, this team is 100 percent Brady's team. He changed the culture, changed the attitude, etc. This level of success is all him.

And Brady learned how to instill such a culture from BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back