2021 Patriot UDFA List

I'm told there are no udfa signings so far for 2 reasons:
1. udfas can be invited to mini camp where the Pats can evaluate them fully
2. BB believes this year a lot of veterans will be cut soon and the veterans will be better than the udfas this year.

I'm told there are no udfa signings so far for 2 reasons:
1. udfas can be invited to mini camp where the Pats can evaluate them fully
2. BB believes this year a lot of veterans will be cut soon and the veterans will be better than the udfas this year.
That makes sense. I really couldn't figure out why we weren't doing anything. I can see us bringing in a LB that can play the middle tough, an under tackle to play the Adam Butler role and maybe a speedy WR to play outside the hashes. Those would be some areas I thought we might address in the draft.

As I look at the current roster -- we don't have many glaring holes or major depth issues. It could always get better, but I suppose that depends on what's left in the piggy bank.

Nick Folk had a pretty good season last year, although his range is probably the shortest of any kicker in the league. I think it is fair to say that there were instances
where we needed a long FG and were forced to go for it on 4th and long, so, between that and the fact that some of the kicks he made looked like knuckleballs then
I think we should definitely bring in some competition.

I think it's only right that we brought in Roberto Aguayo to compete with Folk, because that is exactly the opposite of what Tampa did in 2017. Aguayo had a
really bad rookie season, 22 for 31 in FGs for the Bucs, after being the 59th overall pick in the 2016 draft. They brought Folk in and then cut Aguayo, who is now with his 5th
different team in us. Maybe he's a revenge signing because they got Brady.

So, why not bring in Nordin, who had a shitty 2020, along with a lot of us, but is supposed to have a big leg and clearly is pretty ripped and jacked for a Kicker. .

This could be a position where we bring in a vet waiver guy, because none of these guys are particularly solid, although I don't want to disrespect Folk, who has done
a respectable job for us overall.

michigan-smu-2209.jpg

Why did BB sign Zac Efron...and even weirder yet, why do I know his name? :coffee:

You would be wrong. There was a lack of depth in this draft for various reasons so there were few worth taking a flyer on.

They had more holes to fill, apparently. Not many will make a roster as the dearth of draft talent was pretty bad.

Back