2021 Was a nice run

I said many times, if the Patriots went 4-0 on the Tenn/Buff/Indy/Buff run, I'd take them seriously as a contender.

there are so many reasons NOT to watch the NFL ( it‘s a moneymaking operation for the worst people in the country, managed by Roger Goodell, and the people who are doing the work are literally bashing their own brains in to do it ) BUT as a Patriots fan it would be fun to see all those haters pissed if the Patriots could return to the SuperBowl, and for a moment it seemed possible if unlikely. They looked terrible against the Titans. I kind of figured they would lose to the Colts but surprised by how badly they played. Yesterday was pretty much exactly what I expected although if Stephon Gilmore were still with the team he might have made up for the usual less than average wide receivers.

i Have more to say but my dog is sitting on my chest

Last edited:
Is this a rubber match concession?
You have beaten the Pats 3 of 4 the last two years including walloping them twice at Gillette. The only win was because the weather gods were not on your side. I have no interest in a rubber match. Just please beat KC if you meet them. Their fanbase is insufferable as you probably already know.

You wrote a fine OP, Tommy, but I'm not ready to concede anything just yet. I'm just not ready to say we can't win a playoff game.
This has been a crazy year with every team showing inconsistencies and flaws. This Pats team is better than we saw yesterday. I've seen it.
A SB win? No, not in the cards and was never even a thought by me. Playoff experience is a thought and a necessary learning experience. I'm all for it.

Like you, my expectations have already been met with 9 wins. We can make it 11 which would exceed my expectations.
Here's what BB has to say about it, "Hopefully we can play our best football in January. That's what we need to do. That's what we're planning to do. ... There's still a lot in our control. I think before we write the finale to the season, let's see how we finish playing."

Anyone else notice that Bill's voice has been different over the last 3 or 4 weeks. He's staring to sound lik he has an "old man" voice... He's 1 year older than me and I definitely don't have an old man voice. I was wondering after his last two 5th quarters appearances if maybe he's fighting some kind of serious illness.

He's been sick for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Not ready to throw in the towel, but the reality of the last 2 weeks shows Pats still have a ways to go. Hoping they get in the playoffs and at least win one, but as someone said, the #1 seed talk and 7 game win steak may have gotten us a little ahead of ourselves. enjoying the ride and will be here and watching the games until there are no games left.... then be here for the Girlie pics!

You have beaten the Pats 3 of 4 the last two years including walloping them twice at Gillette. The only win was because the weather gods were not on your side. I have no interest in a rubber match. Just please beat KC if you meet them. Their fanbase is insufferable as you probably already know.
We spent much of the off-season building just to beat the Chiefs. And we did beat them in week 5, in their house, 38-20. I think with the way our D has been playing this year, we have proven that we have massively upgraded that side of the ball. One area that is going to hurt going forward into the playoffs though, is not having Tre'. But as with anything the Bills do or are going to do, it really rests upon Allen's shoulders. If you remember his first year in the playoffs, we built a good halftime lead over the Texans but then watched helplessly as they came back and beat us (there were some questionable officiating calls in that game but it is part of the game so...). Then last year Josh took that experience and used it as motivation to take us to the AFCCG. With our #1 defense, while our positioning could definitely have been better (weird year for everyone it seems), and Josh's will, I like our chances.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that Bill's voice has been different over the last 3 or 4 weeks. He's staring to sound lik he has an "old man" voice... He's 1 year older than me and I definitely don't have an old man voice. I was wondering after his last two 5th quarters appearances if maybe he's fighting some kind of serious illness.
I thought the same thing! Very old man voice. 👨‍🦳

We're not competing for a championship so it's a waste of time, imo.
This^^^^

I feel great about the future of this team but the chip is the thing. That isn't happening this year. What I expect at this point is for them to raw-dog the Jags, have a dogfight with the Fins, get in (hell, maybe even win the division if they win out and the Bills drop one) but I don't see it going any than the Divisional round. Doesn't matter, I'm feeling a SB1 rematch this year.

I feel we're playing with house money. Anything we do from here is a positive and will exceed the expectations I had for the season. The team has actually exceeded expectations in many ways mainly due to Mac who looks the real deal. I never thought for a second we'd ever head the AFC at one stage late in the season, nevermind the division. Some things to tweak in the off season, some LBs and sort out JC Jackson, maybe another WR.

The future is bright.

Last edited:
I feel we're playing with house money. Anything we do from here is a positive and will exceed the expectations I had for the season. The team has actually exceeded expectations in many ways mainly due to Mac who looks the real deal. I never thought for a second we'd ever head the AFC at one stage late in the season, nevermind the division. Some things to tweak in the off season, some LBs and sort of JC Jackson, maybe another WR.

The future is bright.
this 100%

you know how i know you aren't a pats fan???
utterly ridiculous statement. that game was about game plan under circumstances and execution.
why bother anymore with her. I think the best thing we can all do is just ignore and maybe she will just leave

We spent much of the off-season building just to beat the Chiefs. And we did beat them in week 5, in their house, 38-20. I think with the way our D has been playing this year, we have proven that we have massively upgraded that side of the ball. One area that is going to hurt going forward into the playoffs though, is not having Tre'. But as with anything the Bills do or are going to do, it really rests upon Allen's shoulders. If you remember his first year in the playoffs, we built a good halftime lead over the Texans but then watched helplessly as they came back and beat us (there were some questionable officiating calls in that game but it is part of the game so...). Then last year Josh took that experience and used it as motivation to take us to the AFCCG. With our #1 defense, while our positioning could definitely have been better (weird year for everyone it seems), and Josh's will, I like our chances.
The way the Bills have developed Allen is a blueprint for every young QB. Your coaching staff has done an excellent job. What stood out to me yesterday was Allen was very patient taking the check downs to his RB and slot guy (McKenzie?) who was obliterating Bryant all game. Allen has such amazing arm talent similar to Mahomes/Rodgers in that regard that he can often take risks that cost his team instead of taking the safe play. He did a great job of that all day yesterday. Your RBs were very good too. I think to make a legit run in the post-season, you have to get the RBs involved like you did yesterday.

Not sure if you agree with this but perhaps having Beaseley out and your other WR made Allen spread the ball more and as a result you were a more difficult team to defend.

Also, I was just listening to Bedard here on our local station (he is a Pats beat guy) and he said on the 4th 7 where our DL jumped, you guys changed up your silent count and instead of having the guard signal for the snap of the ball, you had the center do it and that forced our rookie to jump. If that is true, kudos to your coaching staff as that is some high level coaching right there at a critical point of the game.

My soul-searching review of the Patriots 2021 season roster to date while soaping up my nethers in the shower

Roster Pluses
Mac Jones
J. C. Jackson
Matt Judon
Damien Harris
Jakobi Meyers
Christian Barmore
Hunter Henry

Roster Minuses
Jonnu Smith
Trent Brown
Jalen Mills
N'Keal Harry
Chase Winovich

Biggest Roster Loss
James White

Biggest Surprise Roster Plus
Brandon Bolden

Biggest Surprise Roster Minus
Isiah Wynn

Lowest of Low Hanging Fruit Roster Gain
No
Cam Newton

YMMV

Dugger, Bentley and Bourne are pluses. Phillips is a surprise plus. HT is a surprise minus. Brown is miscast as a RT, as is Wynn is a LT.
i almost put high on the minus, then decided i didn't expect that much from him to begin with. how could i forget my binkie dugger???🤦‍♀️

It’s snowing on my iPad. Hilarious.

I can’t believe people still hold out hope. The team is treading water while Belichick gets his son ( or sons ) established as legitimate football coaches.

I am Belichick’s age and like him, still working, because it beats doing chores around the house.

Belichick has as much chance of drafting an effective wide receiver as I do of finding an appropriate analogy to finish this sentence.

Will the Patriots ever appear in the SuperBowl again? Will the SuperBowl be played 50 years from now?

It’s snowing on my iPad. Hilarious.

I can’t believe people still hold out hope. The team is treading water while Belichick gets his son ( or sons ) established as legitimate football coaches.

I am Belichick’s age and like him, still working, because it beats doing chores around the house.

Belichick has as much chance of drafting an effective wide receiver as I do of finding an appropriate analogy to finish this sentence.

Will the Patriots ever appear in the SuperBowl again? Will the SuperBowl be played 50 years from now?
Oh for god sake....a few backs back, none of the trolls could be seen for dust, they disappeared like cockroaches under a light. And now two losses in a row and they come flooding back! :rofl:

Back