2021 Was a nice run

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
I said many times, if the Patriots went 4-0 on the Tenn/Buff/Indy/Buff run, I'd take them seriously as a contender.

They went 2-2, and looked overmatched in the last two games. It was a nice run, a playoff spot is probably still on the horizon, and that's far more than I'd ever thought they'd be with 15 new starters and a rookie QB. They've proven that they're not dogshit, which was step 1 going into the season (and something they didn't prove a year ago).

Everyone of import will be back (save for JC Jackson is still up in the air) for the most part. I expect Hightower to retire, because he looks completely washed, and possibly McCourty as well, and if that's the case, they can start getting measured for their red jackets.

Jones has been far better than I expected, and I think an offseason program will do him a lot of good. In the end though, he's still a rookie, and can't overcome shit play by veterans (Harry), yet. Hopefully he gets to that point. What he's not, anymore, is Rookie of the Year. The last two weeks saw to that.

I like this team going forward, everyone with a full year in the system, and Bill Belichick won't win COY, but he's going to get some well-deserved votes toward it.

I'm very optimistic for 2022. But it's time to re-adjust our expectations, I think, for 2021, and go back to where we were at the beginning of the season. Lots of talent, lots of youth, growing as a team, and get the rookie QB some experience, and get it set up for next year. That's where I've been with this team most of the year, and where I'm going to stay now.

It's not over bud, play the next to games and get back to patriots football. Then see what happens. Who know maybe we can win 1 playoff game this season. That would be far above what any would have guessed at 2-4

I said many times, if the Patriots went 4-0 on the Tenn/Buff/Indy/Buff run, I'd take them seriously as a contender.

They went 2-2, and looked overmatched in the last two games. It was a nice run, a playoff spot is probably still on the horizon, and that's far more than I'd ever thought they'd be with 15 new starters and a rookie QB. They've proven that they're not dogshit, which was step 1 going into the season (and something they didn't prove a year ago).

Everyone of import will be back (save for JC Jackson is still up in the air) for the most part. I expect Hightower to retire, because he looks completely washed, and possibly McCourty as well, and if that's the case, they can start getting measured for their red jackets.

Jones has been far better than I expected, and I think an offseason program will do him a lot of good. In the end though, he's still a rookie, and can't overcome shit play by veterans (Harry), yet. Hopefully he gets to that point. What he's not, anymore, is Rookie of the Year. The last two weeks saw to that.

I like this team going forward, everyone with a full year in the system, and Bill Belichick won't win COY, but he's going to get some well-deserved votes toward it.

I'm very optimistic for 2022. But it's time to re-adjust our expectations, I think, for 2021, and go back to where we were at the beginning of the season. Lots of talent, lots of youth, growing as a team, and get the rookie QB some experience, and get it set up for next year. That's where I've been with this team most of the year, and where I'm going to stay now.
I agree 100% absolutely

~Dee~

It's not over bud, play the next to games and get back to patriots football. Then see what happens. Who know maybe we can win 1 playoff game this season. That would be far above what any would have guessed at 2-4
They've already surpassed my expectations, but the season's over. Maybe they beat the Browns or whatever, but really all that does is take another week away from draft prep.

They've already surpassed my expectations, but the season's over. Maybe they beat the Browns or whatever, but really all that does is take another week away from draft prep.
Sad to hear that from you but I get it .

Anyone else notice that Bill's voice has been different over the last 3 or 4 weeks. He's staring to sound lik he has an "old man" voice... He's 1 year older than me and I definitely don't have an old man voice. I was wondering after his last two 5th quarters appearances if maybe he's fighting some kind of serious illness.

Cheer up. With the way the schedule is looking, there is a very good chance we end up as the #3 seed and if you guys take the 6th spot, it would happen.

Cheer up. With the way the schedule is looking, there is a very good chance we end up as the #3 seed and if you guys take the 6th spot, it would happen.
God how long have the jills trash been waiting for the sun to shine on that pathetic dog of franchises ass?
I won’t begrudge you your moment junior, but just remember your team is the biggest long term bitch the Patriots have ever rolled repeatedly. That fukking jills chat hole has been straight comedy with the hopes just crushed year after year. For decades really.
Your team is pretty shit honestly and requires a near flawless game from Allen to win. Which of course won’t get you anywhere long term as is evidenced by their and down erratic nature.
So enjoy it while you can pecker flea, it won’t last.

Good post, with a lot of sensible thoughts, but I'm on to Miami and don't plan to start staring into the abyss over the next few days.

Maybe we got our tires over-pumped by all the No. 1 seed stuff and seeing our D unable to get a stop vs. two pretty good offenses the last two weeks will naturally make everybody around here feel shitty, but I'm not going to say it's over until we don't have any more games to play.

A lot of stuff went wrong in the last two losses. Clearly. But can finish 11-6 and the last time I checked there are no unbeatable juggernauts in the league.

The way this year is going in the NFL literally anything is possible, so I'm not conceding anything until I have to.

God how long have the jills trash been waiting for the sun to shine on that pathetic dog of franchises ass?
I won’t begrudge you your moment junior, but just remember your team is the biggest long term bitch the Patriots have ever rolled repeatedly. That fukking jills chat hole has been straight comedy with the hopes just crushed year after year. For decades really.
Your team is pretty shit honestly and requires a near flawless game from Allen to win. Which of course won’t get you anywhere long term as is evidenced by their and down erratic nature.
So enjoy it while you can pecker flea, it won’t last.
Lol. You know... I'm already am on a slanted table here and as such, I can't really respond in the fashion this post deserves. If I do, I would be banned. It's okay though, I understand this is *Patriots Planet so you all can talk to me like that but god forbid I return it.

cheers

Lol. You know... I'm already am on a slanted table here and as such, I can't really respond in the fashion this post deserves. If I do, I would be banned. It's okay though, I understand this is *Patriots Planet so you all can talk to me like that but god forbid I return it.

cheers
Good win today. You can be happy and borderline cocky. Just don't be a troll.

You wrote this 3 weeks early.

Last edited:
We're not competing for a championship so it's a waste of time, imo.

It was a nice run. The last few games have been bad. They regressed. Do they right the wrongs? I guess it's not etched in stone yet...

Back