Active shooter, Lewiston ME

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
Shelter in place order. Reports about death toll vary, but all are in double digits.

That’s the wrong Robert Card, I’ve got family there and they said that’s not him. A lot of confusion going on right now, which is understandable. This is the guy.
30e53bf8b820354c231d29bb8b308480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read a story that he was committed to a mental health facility for two weeks. If he was committed to one, he was ineligible to have firearms.

Holy crap. At least 22 dead?? Those poor people, out enjoying an evening with family and friends.

Truly unreal, I have no words …..

~Dee~

I live about 50 miles south of the area thatnthis happened. According to the local news the shooter is still on the loose, his vehicle was found at a marina on a major river.
He is a firearm instructor for the National Guard and had just spent time at a mental health facility having made threats of doing a multiple shooting.

As a Maine native I have relatives in this area as well as from top to bottom in the state. One cousin has said she is safe as she shelters in place. I am waiting for the others to do the same as I try to reach the others.

I live about 50 miles south of the area thatnthis happened. According to the local news the shooter is still on the loose, his vehicle was found at a marina on a major river.
He is a firearm instructor for the National Guard and had just spent time at a mental health facility having made threats of doing a multiple shooting.
Headed for Topsham/Brunswick area, then, where he can disappear into the delta. There's only one "major river" in Lewiston, the Androscoggin. Downriver, the Kennebec, Black, Sheepscot, and other rivers empty out in a huge tangled mess near Bath. I spent weeks at a time there in canoes/tents as a teenager.

He's had at least some military training. If he paid any attention at all, he can hide in that mess forever and a day, or totally reroute pursuit from there and be gone. He'll turn up eventually, but if he has any training and brains, it will be when he tries to rejoin society and hide in plain sight among people again, not while he's in the mess.

As a Maine native I have relatives in this area as well as from top to bottom in the state. One cousin has said she is safe as she shelters in place. I am waiting for the others to do the same as I try to reach the others.
Hope everyone you know is OK, same for anyone else with friends/relatives in the area.

It's not the area of Maine I am familiar with....my area is the northernmost part of the Androscoggin.

If it were that area, this guy wouldn't be dumb enough to try to do any home invasions or anything like that, he would certainly be shot.

Lewiston, I have passed through but never stopped. My recollection is that it is very suburban.

I would love for some home owner to double tap this guy. Especially a woman. That would he a happy ending.

It's not the area of Maine I am familiar with....my area is the northernmost part of the Androscoggin.

If it were that area, this guy wouldn't be dumb enough to try to do any home invasions or anything like that, he would certainly be shot.

Lewiston, I have passed through but never stopped. My recollection is that it is very suburban.

I would love for some home owner to double tap this guy. Especially a woman. That would he a happy ending.
I am from the border of Maine/Canada so way up there. But relatives all over the state and in Lewiston and the areas around it.

I tend to agree. I sometimes I think the "Shelter in place! FEAR! FEAR FOR YOUR LIVES!" orders coming from Denathor/Police is counterproductive. How about "Hey, it's your life and your community. Don't be a vigilante, and don't be an idiot. That said, keep your wits about you, be ready to defend yourself, your family, and those who can't defend themselves, keep your eyes open, and let us know immediately if you see anything."

Headed for Topsham/Brunswick area, then, where he can disappear into the delta. There's only one "major river" in Lewiston, the Androscoggin. Downriver, the Kennebec, Black, Sheepscot, and other rivers empty out in a huge tangled mess near Bath. I spent weeks at a time there in canoes/tents as a teenager.

He's had at least some military training. If he paid any attention at all, he can hide in that mess forever and a day, or totally reroute pursuit from there and be gone. He'll turn up eventually, but if he has any training and brains, it will be when he tries to rejoin society and hide in plain sight among people again, not while he's in the mess.
Yea, I know the area. I didn't want to speculate where he can go. However finding the vehicle in Lisbon at a marina indicates to me that he has a thought out escape plan. Depending on the type of vessel that he has, he could make it to several

fishing and lobstering harbors with direct access to the ocean.
Don't know if they have additional Coast Gaurd vessels patrolling but that is a huge area with lots of islands.

Maine State Police aircraft searched over a small area of the river in the early hours Thursday in a bid to find Card, who authorities say suffered from mental health issues.

Audio from police dispatchers indicates they believe the suspect has crossed the border to Massachusetts - while armed with a nightscope.

They said a blue Chevy Suburban with a Maine registration plate 6625ZD believed to be carrying Card crossed into Massachusetts on the I-93 at 8:01 Thursday morning.

the above from The Daily Mail.com (UK) because we don't have reporting media in the (US) :rolleyes:

the above from The Daily Mail.com (UK) because we don't have reporting media in the (US) :rolleyes:
Reckless reporting by those idiots, they have no idea where Card is and shouldn't be putting other peoples lives at risk.

Back